Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rajneetk
Just took a screen shot of your post
Thank you so so much!! Xx

:hugs:

Thanks for taking out your time to write this :smile:

No worries its good revision for me too so feel free to ask me stuff :smile: good luck Monday!x
Original post by RGPunt
No worries its good revision for me too so feel free to ask me stuff :smile: good luck Monday!x

Aw thanks likewise lol :biggrin:
And thank you, good luck for the exam!!

Are you more confident with paper 1 or 2? :smile:
Reply 22
Aw thanks likewise lol :biggrin:
And thank you, good luck for the exam!!

Are you more confident with paper 1 or 2? :smile:

Probably paper 2 as theres less studies haha. My worst unit is memory so kinda nervous for monday, I think its because I havent done it in class since January so I'm quite rusty. How about you?
Original post by RGPunt
Probably paper 2 as theres less studies haha. My worst unit is memory so kinda nervous for monday, I think its because I havent done it in class since January so I'm quite rusty. How about you?

Yeah and biopsychology is literally learning the A01 content and of course being able to apply it.
Worst unit I'd say for me personally is attachments lol
yeah memory has quite a few studies tbh

I'm sure once you go over it you'll have the lightbulb moment lol :biggrin:
Reply 24
Yeah and biopsychology is literally learning the A01 content and of course being able to apply it.
Worst unit I'd say for me personally is attachments lol
yeah memory has quite a few studies tbh

I'm sure once you go over it you'll have the lightbulb moment lol :biggrin:

Fingers crossed ay? Paper 2 seems to be concepts that can be applied throughout the units so i quite like revising that stuff. Ive been using a flashcard app on my phone called 'cram' you can search through it and use other peoples flashcards too and its great for psychology (and other subjects too of course haha).
You guys missed 'Research into capacity, duration and encoding'

You need 4 studies for them.

Jacobs (capacity)

Peterson and Peterson (duration)

Bahrick et al (duration)

Baddeley (coding)
Original post by RGPunt
Fingers crossed ay? Paper 2 seems to be concepts that can be applied throughout the units so i quite like revising that stuff. Ive been using a flashcard app on my phone called 'cram' you can search through it and use other peoples flashcards too and its great for psychology (and other subjects too of course haha).

I use that too😭😭 Its so good, a student got an A from it aswell
Original post by RGPunt

I love psychopathology it's so interesting!
Thanks for the recommendation! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by the.chantele

Really? That makes me feel so much better about my revision haha i worried that just using flashcards and questions was me being lazy. I use it for all my subjects haha.

😱 must be really good then!
Guys...can we all get off thestudentroom and revise😭😭

I myself will report back on how l am doing on my revision later :smile:
How many marks do you need for an A or B not percentage by the way??
Reply 32
How many marks do you need for an A or B not percentage by the way??

roughly 60 marks onwards for a high B or low A.
Thought it'd be lower😫 Like B is around 55 and A around 60
Reply 34
Original post by magnusbane1
Hey- the days of exams are nearly upon us!

here are my last minute notes i typed up on:
Social Influence,
Memory,
Attachment,

don't know if they will be useful to anyone, and yes i know there are a few mistakes. Please feel free to ask me any questions about them! x Also i have a few biology notes typed up in this style, if anyone wants me to post them then inbox moi.

GOOD LUCK :smile:

Hey thanks for these the memory one is really useful! (only one ive used so far) sorry to be cheeky but do you have these for paper 2 aswell?
Original post by RGPunt
Hey thanks for these the memory one is really useful! (only one ive used so far) sorry to be cheeky but do you have these for paper 2 aswell?

glad you found them useful :smile: and no I'm not that prepared haha. Gonna try to type them on Monday after paper 1 😭
What are you guys doing to learn all the evaluations? 😭😭
Original post by kaykaayy
What are you guys doing to learn all the evaluations? 😭😭

I find with evaluations you can transfer the same ideas for different studies
i.e. Internal/External/Ecological validity, reliable, reproducible. But try to learn a specific evaluation point for the studies ( all male sample therefore not representative) so there is a bit of individuality
Original post by The Panic Queen
I find with evaluations you can transfer the same ideas for different studies
i.e. Internal/External/Ecological validity, reliable, reproducible. But try to learn a specific evaluation point for the studies ( all male sample therefore not representative) so there is a bit of individuality

What i did was revise all the key words e.g deception,bias etc and then as long as you know the AO1 (what the study is) and what these key words mean example that and then use your common sense and apply it to the study and usually the keyword jogs your memory as a cue so you remember the psychologists who did research into this. :smile:
Original post by Meg.ngr.ce
What i did was revise all the key words e.g deception,bias etc and then as long as you know the AO1 (what the study is) and what these key words mean example that and then use your common sense and apply it to the study and usually the keyword jogs your memory as a cue so you remember the psychologists who did research into this. :smile:

Yeah that's a good idea but it's important that you know a study related evaluative point because the examiners also look for quality as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending