The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This is a forum for Muslims, not atheists.

I can't seem to find anything in the Community Guidelines that confirms your claim that TSR is now a Muslim-only forum. :K:
Was my reasoning a religious one? No it wasn't.

So you aren't muslim?

Regardless whether you are or not, why hide behind anon? It's still cowardly to voice an opinion behind the veil of anonymity. If you have to hide, then you know that you are wrong.

Also your reasoning is ridiculous.
This is a forum for Muslims, not atheists.

Well I must pack my bags and leave then I suppose...:flybye:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
So you aren't muslim?

Regardless whether you are or not, why hide behind anon? It's still cowardly to voice an opinion behind the veil of anonymity. If you have to hide, then you know that you are wrong.

Also your reasoning is ridiculous.

Yes I am which is why I responded to the thread duh

Um no actually, that's not the reason I'm on anon. Maybe because I don't want annoying people like you quoting me :h:

Lol well I don't give a s*** what you think, not like my opinion is gonna change :smile:
Yes I am which is why I responded to the thread duh

Um no actually, that's not the reason I'm on anon. Maybe because I don't want annoying people like you quoting me :h:

Lol well I don't give a s*** what you think, not like my opinion is gonna change :smile:

I'm still quoting you though...:h:

Well then you're a coward! Good day :hat2:
Idk what I would do. I think I would agree with some of the opinions on this forum and be slightly disappointed, just because I'm never going to see my child have children naturally or see my child get married. Obviously I wouldn't reject my child and kick them out of my life. I don't believe religion should be imposed on children the should choose it. I have chosen to follow Islam and I would have taught my child it but I wouldn't expect them to accept it of they didn't want to. If they did choose to accept Islam though and choose to engage in homosexual relations I would ovs discuss the implications within Islam. Being gay is a test just as everything else in life however they chooses to deal with it is their choice. If they do decide to stay Muslim and have a girlfriend/boufriend I probably wouldn't accept their partner into the house outside the home they can do whatever they want as ultimately it's their life/choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by loveleest
What's your reason(s)?

I have no vendetta against homosexual people. It goes without saying that they are same as any other person. But I do believe this is an undesirable trait, something that I wouldn't want in my children for many reasons, foremost among them being that I simply find it odd. (+ I find it shocking to imagine my son getting pounded by some guy)
Original post by WBZ144
Yes, this thread posed the question Muslims. Yet when a Muslim answered saying that it would make him happy, you were the one who began questioning him and making judgements. For someone who claims not to have a problem with Gay people your posts sure indicate the opposite.

It's illogical because people who are harming no one are being made to feel ashamed of who they are, all because some book written over 1400 years ago says that they are "sinning".

Hahahah youre proving why youre arguments are nonsensical... I didnt judge him i was "curious" and did so in a "polite" manner i didnt slander him or try and exile him i wanted to understand his perspective. Youre points are flawed and make no sense.
People who are being made "ashamed" know full well its a sin so if they dont like it then they dont have to be a muslim, no one is forcing them to be one, and nor should we try and accommodate gay people, by the same logic because all you people seem to love to bring the point about gay being bioogical and not a choice, when in face research shows although chromosomes are similar the genetic makeup isnt the same and only accounts for around 40% of their sexuality, the other 60% being social.
Smoking and gambling both of which is sinful in islam aswell as drinking, genes such DRD2 make it so youre much much more susceptible to becoming a smoker. By that logic should smoking now be allowed in islam and not be considered a sin...
Reply 148
Original post by donutellme
I have no vendetta against homosexual people. It goes without saying that they are same as any other person. But I do believe this is an undesirable trait, something that I wouldn't want in my children for many reasons, foremost among them being that I simply find it odd. (+ I find it shocking to imagine my son getting pounded by some guy)

:rofl:

Don't why that made me laugh but :rofl:

But yeah that's true :tongue:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Idk what I would do. I think I would agree with some of the opinions on this forum and be slightly disappointed, just because I'm never going to see my child have children naturally or see my child get married. Obviously I wouldn't reject my child and kick them out of my life. I don't believe religion should be imposed on children the should choose it. I have chosen to follow Islam and I would have taught my child it but I wouldn't expect them to accept it of they didn't want to. If they did choose to accept Islam though and choose to engage in homosexual relations I would ovs discuss the implications within Islam. Being gay is a test just as everything else in life however they chooses to deal with it is their choice. If they do decide to stay Muslim and have a girlfriend/boufriend I probably wouldn't accept their partner into the house outside the home they can do whatever they want as ultimately it's their life/choice.

If you live in the UK, it would be perfectly possible for your child to marry, if they so wished.
Original post by ZuluK
:rofl:

Don't why that made me laugh but :rofl:

But yeah that's true :tongue:

Isn't this also true of one's daughters though? I feel like it's just a parent/child thing, not a parent/son thing, specifically. :tongue:
Original post by ivybridge
I think you have really misinterpreted things you have researched. People do not want to be straight because it is right, people want to be straight because it easier. Society has made our lives hell until very recently and things are still tough. It is unbelievably strange for you to go from being accepting to being intolerant. Usually people are progressive - not willing to go backwards.

I've become a more critical thinker, as I've grown. I am certainly not the most religious, but when it comes to relationships and reproduction, it all goes back to Adam an Eve. Two definite genders, who have the definite chance to reproduce. If transsexuals people is supposedly deemed to have absolutely, 0% nothing wrong with them, then historically how on earth with of they of managed to carry on life without an overtly difficult procedure(operation)? Why did this world not begin with acceptance to all these different sexual orientations, why can't they all reproduce? why cannot of they changed there genitalia in the past, why? because it does not work, its too confusing, it creates an absolute disconnected confused and weak society. How is one suppose to talk to one, without asking them are you - gay straight agender transsexual bisexual gender fluid, pansexual or and so on and so forth, and having to alter the way you talk to each and every single one of them, it literally is just wrong, mentally i think there is a problem, and i am sympathetic.
Original post by Hydeman
If you live in the UK, it would be perfectly possible for your child to marry, if they so wished.

I know but they wouldn't be able to have a big Muslim/Asian wedding. I'm Asian and we have massive weddings where the whole family comes together. Obviously they wouldn't be able to have a Muslim wedding and I doubt we could have a big a traditional wedding due to the stigma of homosexuality in the southasian community. thats what I meant by see them get married, it would just be a sheet of paper saying they're recognised as a couple under the law.
The op made the thread asking for opinions from muslims. The extensive debate with every muslim whose opinion doesn't align with yours is actually stopping muslims from giving out their opinions.

I'd encourage you to debate/talk back if somebody discriminated against you because of your sexuality. Otherwise, shut up and listen. Yes you might disagree, but people are here to share their two cents and nothing more. An opinion is really nothing more than an opinion. Another perspective.
Original post by Hydeman
Isn't this also true of one's daughters though? I feel like it's just a parent/child thing, not a parent/son thing, specifically. :tongue:

Yeah that would bring a tear to any father's eye too. The thing is that I'm used to the idea, and I can accept that.

But I want to teach my children not to bow down to anyone, especially my son. Him getting penetrated just... I dunno how to express it.
Original post by Hachkay
I am certainly not the most religious, but when it comes to relationships and reproduction, it all goes back to Adam an Eve. Two definite genders, who have the definite chance to reproduce.

All the evidence suggests that Adam and Eve, as described in the Abrahamic religions, never existed. It doesn't negate your otherwise beautiful, fallacious appeal to nature, but it's an important point nonetheless because this is what you seem to think is a good premise from which to draw a conclusion about homosexuality.
Original post by Hachkay
I've become a more critical thinker, as I've grown. I am certainly not the most religious, but when it comes to relationships and reproduction, it all goes back to Adam an Eve. Two definite genders, who have the definite chance to reproduce. If transsexuals people is supposedly deemed to have absolutely, 0% nothing wrong with them, then historically how on earth with of they of managed to carry on life without an overtly difficult procedure(operation)? Why did this world not begin with acceptance to all these different sexual orientations, why can't they all reproduce? why cannot of they changed there genitalia in the past, why? because it does not work, its too confusing, it creates an absolute disconnected confused and weak society. How is one suppose to talk to one, without asking them are you - gay straight agender transsexual bisexual gender fluid, pansexual or and so on and so forth, and having to alter the way you talk everyda to each and every single one of them, it literally is just wrong, mentally i think there is a problem, and i am sympathetic.

I understand in society today it seems as if you oppose or question this view you are bobarded with hate. I also have the thought I the back of my mind that if gay relationships are natural why can they not reproduce. In an evolutionary sense it does not make sense because the drive every human has inside them is to survive and reproduce ( obviously I'm not being homophobic and sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm just curious)
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I know but they wouldn't be able to have a big Muslim/Asian wedding. I'm Asian and we have massive weddings where the whole family comes together. Obviously they wouldn't be able to have a Muslim wedding and I doubt we could have a big a traditional wedding due to the stigma of homosexuality in the southasian community. thats what I meant by see them get married, it would just be a sheet of paper saying they're recognised as a couple under the law.

I see what you mean, but it would still be possible for them to have a small wedding involving immediate family and friends. It wouldn't need to be just a simple sheet of paper.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hahahah youre proving why youre arguments are nonsensical... I didnt judge him i was "curious" and did so in a "polite" manner i didnt slander him or try and exile him i wanted to understand his perspective. Youre points are flawed and make no sense.
People who are being made "ashamed" know full well its a sin so if they dont like it then they dont have to be a muslim, no one is forcing them to be one, and nor should we try and accommodate gay people, by the same logic because all you people seem to love to bring the point about gay being bioogical and not a choice, when in face research shows although chromosomes are similar the genetic makeup isnt the same and only accounts for around 40% of their sexuality, the other 60% being social.
Smoking and gambling both of which is sinful in islam aswell as drinking, genes such DRD2 make it so youre much much more susceptible to becoming a smoker. By that logic should smoking now be allowed in islam and not be considered a sin...

I am already very familiar with that "polite" questioning, I am an ex-Muslim after all. "Can I just ask why you don't wear a Hijab? Do you know that it's Haram? I don't mean to offend, I'm just curious!" In reality the "curiosity" is thinly-veiled self-righteousness, attempting to make other Muslims feel guilt for their life choices. Besides, if sexual orientation comes mostly from social settings then why is there so much homosexuality in Saudi Arabia, a country where it carries the death penalty? It exists everywhere regardless of societal norms and always has.

Good then, I hope that they find a way out of the religion which insists that they live a miserable life for no good reason. However, some people may see it as part of their identity, whether they still believe or not. And no one can tell that they are not Muslims if they choose to identify as such.
Reply 159
Original post by Hydeman

:lol:

That is true! I couldn't imagine my future daughter/son doing anything sexual even if it happened in front of me :redface: which it wouldn't lol

How do you answer Hydeman, to the OP? I know you're Muslim but...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending