The Student Room Group

Slang words that make you cringe...

Scroll to see replies

"yam" and "yow" not everyone in Birmingham speaks exactly like that, disregarding cultural mixing since ppl move but that's how they might chat in dudley and...bloody wolverhampton and them
Original post by xobeauty
Oh well.

Ridiculous. Grow up.
Original post by M14B
Fam

Omg this is irritating!
Original post by 0to100
"yam" and "yow" not everyone in Birmingham speaks exactly like that, disregarding cultural mixing since ppl move but that's how they might chat in dudley and...bloody wolverhampton and them

Plastic Brummies then? :smile:
Original post by JamesN88
Plastic Brummies then? :smile:

No they're from the Black Country which is *sigh* long story lol it's when like during the coal mining period everyones faces were covered in black smoke, that's what my mam told me growing up and that we're technically not Black Country if you're in like Aston and stuff, Black Country is always confused for Brum but it's to like the west I think :\ there's similarity though in how we speak because people integrate as we're so close in proximity with so many areas but anyway lol
Original post by ivybridge
Ridiculous. Grow up.

It's a joke not a dick. Don't take it so hard.
Fam
Moist
Skeen
Peng

Ewwwwwww sooo annoyingggg
Original post by Spock's Socks
Bruv
Bae
Innit
Fam
Moist

That's about half the chav dictionary I've mentioned :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

These :lol: and 'YOLO'. To be honest, I just hate the whole lad culture thing...
Original post by FemaleBo55
Fam
Moist
Skeen
Peng

Ewwwwwww sooo annoyingggg

'Skeen' - what even... :rofl:
Moist.
Reply 130
Can't deal with anyone who calls a lipstick a "lippie" ew no. Also when people use the word 'like' to often and pronounce it "lie' "
I dislike uck (the word not the action). Also, and I know this isn't slang as such, the overuse of "obviously" is tedious.

I don't think you kids use this much these days, but (waste)gash always felt like an awkward way to refer to someone.

Pumplex was an amusing option :moon:
"Ting,", "Wavey,", "Turnt Out," and "Fly," is so annoying.
'buff' 'fleek' 'moist' 'rah' 'ahlie' 'skeen'
*cringes 10000000 times*
Original post by SassKing13
'Skeen' - what even... :rofl:

IKR!!! Loool, sooo cringe and eww the way they say it is twice as awful! They say it in a squicky voice as if they're a mouse.. -.-
It means "calm down/whatever" type of thing lool:colonhash:

Funny how they think they're soo rebelious by not speaking English :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
IKR!!! Loool, sooo cringe and eww the way they say it is twice as awful! They say it in a squicky voice as if they're a mouse.. -.-
It means "calm down/whatever" type of thing lool:colonhash:

Funny how they think they're soo rebelious by not speaking English :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rofl:

I've genuinely never heard of that word until now xD
Hold tight.
Original post by SassKing13

I've genuinely never heard of that word until now xD

LOOL, now that you've heard it you can hop on into my boat of finding it cringe looool :rofl::shakehand:
swag :angry:
LOOL, now that you've heard it you can hop on into my boat of finding it cringe looool :rofl::shakehand:

Hmm, pleasure to come aboard your 'boat of cringe' :lol: :shakehand:

Quick Reply

Latest