The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Its_michelle123
omg I am doing cultural diversity too, i've been looking for people who are doing it! Can someone help me as my teacher hasn't really helped us structure the report :smile:

Same I had been looking people for ages and over the past few days seem to have found loads :wink: We've have just started looking at exam structure and practising writing report. This has been helpful to look at: https://geographyalevelslc.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/ecellent-instruactionsstudent-exam-revision-guide.pdf
I really recommend the SLC geography blog, if you haven't seen it before :smile:
Also take a look at the mark scheme for Jan 2010 which is very similar to this years pre release and look at the examiner reports.
I hope this helps!
Reply 201
Original post by meg16
Could you email it to me aswell please That would be great !! [email protected]

can you please upload :smile:
for the plate tectonics question, where it asks you to assess the role of tectonic activity in producing a range of distinctive landscapes, does this mean you have to explain how tectonic activity produces these landscapes, but also assess the role of other thingslike denundation/erosion and mass slumping etc, and how also those play a role in the formation of landscapes? would that be your argument?
I am also doing tectonics for Unit 4 and I am really struggling atm in terms of what to revise, because I am an external student. If anyone has any notes/help/prediction questions they could email me I would really appreciate it. Also I have noticed the January 2011 question is very similar, if anyone could email me a decent report to that that too I would be grateful.. I could also email my January 2011 report back to you once I've done it. Any help please (Same goes for unit 3 pre release)
Does anyone have case study for london's food supply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beachelsea
Hey, I have just made a document analysing each resource from the resource booklet for the superpower question, if anyone wants me to upload it just let me know!

pls email! [email protected]

thanks soooo much :smile:
Hey, I have just made a document analysing each resource from the resource booklet for the superpower question, if anyone wants me to upload it just let me know!

Please please email me it.. [email protected]
Original post by marchaprilmay
Same I had been looking people for ages and over the past few days seem to have found loads :wink: We've have just started looking at exam structure and practising writing report. This has been helpful to look at: https://geographyalevelslc.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/ecellent-instruactionsstudent-exam-revision-guide.pdf
I really recommend the SLC geography blog, if you haven't seen it before :smile:
Also take a look at the mark scheme for Jan 2010 which is very similar to this years pre release and look at the examiner reports.
I hope this helps!

What case studies are you thinking of using?
Reply 208

Please can you email it to me at [email protected] ? Cheers!!!
Hey guys..Does anyone have any example reports for Unit 4 TECTONICS??

REALLY STRUGGLING here since I have no help..Please if you have any essays I would greatly appreciate some help! thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm trying to do a question for unit 4-cultural diversity
and the essay title is
'examine the main characteristics of a global culture'
i need help, does anyone have any advice
Hi,

Can you email it to [email protected] ?

Thanks

has anyone got any predicted questions for the section b superpowers
Has anyone got unit 4 notes which they can share? Also what do you think the question will be?
Guys please anyone who has a sample essay in Unit 4 tectonics landscapes? I need so much helpppp dont know how to write it!thankss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshFlySon
What case studies are you thinking of using?

I've currently been mainly looking at China- in relation to like Tibet and how they're becoming more like a western country e.g. through their football training camps.
I've also got smaller case studies such as Leicester (UK), Iceland, Japan, America, Malaysia's Orang Asli ext. :smile:

Please could you send it to me ? [email protected]
Reply 217
I know several of these have already been posted before, but I have some similar questions that don't seem to have been answered:

1. For the plate tectonics question, where it asks you to assess the role of tectonic activity in producing a range of distinctive landscapes, does this mean you have to explain how tectonic activity produces these landscapes, but also assess the role of other things like denundation/erosion, and how also those play a role in the formation of landscapes as part of the counter argument? If so does anyone have any notes on effects of erosion etc as my research is mainly tectonically focused.

2. Does anyone have an exemplar tectonics essay they could send me.

3. Any notes of superpowers pre-release people wouldn't mind sending?

4. Aside from the obvious pre-release info, what extra facts etc are people revising about China and India/ superpowers in general for Unit 3?
Reply 218
Original post by em_97
I know several of these have already been posted before, but I have some similar questions that don't seem to have been answered:
1. For the plate tectonics question, where it asks you to assess the role of tectonic activity in producing a range of distinctive landscapes, does this mean you have to explain how tectonic activity produces these landscapes, but also assess the role of other things like denundation/erosion, and how also those play a role in the formation of landscapes as part of the counter argument? If so does anyone have any notes on effects of erosion etc as my research is mainly tectonically focused.
2. Does anyone have an exemplar tectonics essay they could send me.
3. Any notes of superpowers pre-release people wouldn't mind sending?
4. Aside from the obvious pre-release info, what extra facts etc are people revising about China and India/ superpowers in general for Unit 3?

I also ask the same as you for questions 1-3

4. I think it's a good idea to look at the links at the end of the pre release (haven't seen them properly yet) and look at the latest news for what's going on in both countries, e.g political/environmental. I also plan to look at key data which is not in the pre release, such as GDP Per Capita, which may help with comparing the two nations.
I've created a short questionnaire to look a bit more into part of Unit 4 The World of Cultural diversity topic. If you could take like 2 minutes to fill it out it would help :smile: Thanks! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5LWL6WN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending