The Student Room Group

Steak is bland and disgusting

post removed
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Steak is delicious, if it tastes like rubber/is chewy or bland… you're cooking it wrong. :yes:
Original post by iEthan
Steak is delicious, if it tastes like rubber/is chewy or bland… you're cooking it wrong. :yes:

how do you make it taste good?
:toofunny:
The blood is the best bit.

If it's chewy then you're either not cooking it right or using poor quality meat, or both.
Original post by xobeauty

Cook it properly (this is subjective though, some people like it very well done… I prefer my steak medium) :yes:
Season a little with pepper :yes:

10/10 every time :yes:

:yes:
Original post by iEthan
Cook it properly (this is subjective though, some people like it very well done… I prefer my steak medium) :yes:
Season a little with pepper :yes:

10/10 every time :yes:

:yes:

Blue or raw is the only way.

Anything above medium-rare is criminal.:smile:
Original post by xobeauty

Oil, salt, pepper, mustard.

And don't eat it well done. Medium rare.
It's overhyped by a lotta people but it's usually okay if you cook it right.
Sounds like your steaks are either cheap cuts or over cooked.

As for "period juice", I think you may need to work on glut understanding of basic biology.
Original post by JamesN88
Blue or raw is the only way.

Anything above medium-rare is criminal.:smile:

I quite like it medium-rare :yes:

But medium is what I'm most comfortable with.
Agreed its disgusting, and its not good for you at all -10/10 would not recommend.
I agree, steak is wildly overrated. I do love quorn peppered steak though but that's because it doesn't really taste like meat steak at all
Reply 13
Steak is a boring, crap food only rated by people who want to look cool and one of the crowd. Chicken and turkey are elite meats and the only ones worth talking about, beef, lamb, pork, etc. are nothing but average filler.
You might enjoy it better well done and grilled on the BBQ with bbq sauce.
Original post by iEthan
I quite like it medium-rare :yes:

But medium is what I'm most comfortable with.

Steak Tartare = heaven on a plate.:biggrin:
It's all down to the quality of the meat, I never liked steak until a week or two ago when my dad bought some high quality, expensive steaks, they were delicious and not chewy like how I remembered. Still, not my favourite meat in the world
Original post by JamesN88

Steak Tartare = heaven on a plate.:biggrin:

I wouldn't be able to stomach steak tartare :sad:
Original post by Welkom
Steak is a boring, crap food only rated by people who want to look cool and one of the crowd. Chicken and turkey are elite meats and the only ones worth talking about, beef, lamb, pork, etc. are nothing but average filler.

We are in agreement with this meat hierarchy... just try not to be so closed minded :biggrin:
Totally agree, just saying better quality steak definitely makes a huge difference!

Quick Reply

Latest