The Student Room Group

Why I didn't want to sleep with a girl.

So last year I became friends with a girl who I really liked, she was the most beautiful girl in the world, like a 10/10 and my type. She was interesting, fun and exciting too. So I really should have wanted to have sex with her, but I never did. I couldn't figure out why I didn't want to have sex with her as well, it was really annoying. :sad:

I remember telling her that I liked her, but that I didn't want to sleep with her. And she said she "hadn't met anyone who hadn't wanted to bang her". This made me feel really disgusting, peculiar and abnormal. Like there was/is something wrong with me for not wanting to bang her. We are no longer friends and I don't know her anymore. I have since realised that I didn't want her because I didn't trust her and I was right not to trust her. But it still irks me when I think about it. How I will never come across anyone better looking or more attractive than her and I didn't want to sleep with her. Like what is the matter with me? :angry:

I am such an idiot. :frown: I wish I was a different person who only cared about how people looked and other stuff didn't matter to me. :ashamed2: I feel like my life would be so much better and easier if I was like that. :banghead::cry2::sadnod::sigh::sorry:

Scroll to see replies

whats wrong with you :redface: be what you are :cute: you may be asexual... but seriously dont call yourself idiot or be ashamed... there is nothing to be ashamed of... having sex with many girls also doesn't show good character/image... dont worry about it at all... you might change afterwards... :h:
And this is a problem how?
Not that my opinion matters but I actually find this very attractive. But yet again, I've always found guys who are different from the stereotypes extremely attractive. I'm not saying this out of pity or anything but it's lovely knowing you see beyond looks and the physical but instead seek for a deeper, personal connection between you and the person- before wanting to become sexually intimate with them.
Original post by ilikechinesefood
So last year I became friends with a girl who I really liked, she was the most beautiful girl in the world, like a 10/10 and my type. She was interesting, fun and exciting too. So I really should have wanted to have sex with her, but I never did. I couldn't figure out why I didn't want to have sex with her as well, it was really annoying. :sad:

I remember telling her that I liked her, but that I didn't want to sleep with her. And she said she "hadn't met anyone who hadn't wanted to bang her". This made me feel really disgusting, peculiar and abnormal. Like there was/is something wrong with me for not wanting to bang her. We are no longer friends and I don't know her anymore. I have since realised that I didn't want her because I didn't trust her and I was right not to trust her. But it still irks me when I think about it. How I will never come across anyone better looking or more attractive than her and I didn't want to sleep with her. Like what is the matter with me? :angry:

I am such an idiot. :frown: I wish I was a different person who only cared about how people looked and other stuff didn't matter to me. :ashamed2: I feel like my life would be so much better and easier if I was like that. :banghead::cry2::sadnod::sigh::sorry:

You are not abnormal. It shows that you have more respect for women than most guys out there.
Original post by fatima1998
whats wrong with you :redface: be what you are :cute: you may be asexual... but seriously dont call yourself idiot or be ashamed... there is nothing to be ashamed of... having sex with many girls also doesn't show good character/image... dont worry about it at all... you might change afterwards... :h:

I agree with most of what you said, but I would disagree with you on this one point - I don't think having sex with lots of people is something to be ashamed of?
Original post by emilysmith268
I agree with most of what you said, but I would disagree with you on this one point - I don't think having sex with lots of people is something to be ashamed of?

To me it shows a need for validation, which is something I find very undesirable in a partner because of past experiences. However being friends with people who do that is fine with me.
Original post by Anonymous
To me it shows a need for validation, which is something I find very undesirable in a partner because of past experiences. However being friends with people who do that is fine with me.

tbh I think the majority of people who have a lot of sex just do it because they find it enjoyable, but if you find that undesirable then you do you :^_^:
Reply 7
It's possible you could be hetero-romantic (you find the opposite sex romantically attractive) but asexual (you have no desire to have sex with anyone). People often forget that there's two sides to sexuality.

However you feel, you shouldn't be ashamed of it.
Original post by emilysmith268

why people have relationships because they want sex or because they love each other? surely if you love someone you wouldn't hurt them and have a relationship with more people and have sex... what if someone come up to you and say... i had sex with about 100 girls that tells that he hasnt really worked out what is more importing before having sex in a relationship... i dunno everyone have their own opinion... i have my own :cute:
Shoulda banged, missed opportunity, tough luck bro
Original post by wqzu
It's possible you could be hetero-romantic (you find the opposite sex romantically attractive) but asexual (you have no desire to have sex with anyone). People often forget that there's two sides to sexuality.

However you feel, you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

I am not asexual. I like and want other girls who I trust. Even though they aren't my type physically.

To be honest it makes me feel like a girl or less of a man because I don't just want to bang people who are hot. :s-smilie: It isn't even the emotional connection that seems to matter to me. Rather just someone understanding me and treating me well, so I feel I can trust them. Then I want to sleep with them. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous

Who are you? Why do you post anon? :frown:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Shoulda banged, missed opportunity, tough luck bro

I never had the opportunity to bang her. :colonhash:
because you wasn't tired

Spoiler

So if you saw a girl at the gym and she had a banging body and was wearing tight yoga pants, you wouldn't want to sleep with her?
Original post by dairychocolate
So if you saw a girl at the gym and she had a banging body and was wearing tight yoga pants, you wouldn't want to sleep with her?

What? No, I would think she is hot and want to know her better, after which I may wish to sleep with her. :redface: See what I mean, there is something wrong with me. :frown: :facepalm2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ilikechinesefood

There there, you can take so much solace in knowing how different and superior you are to others.
You didn't want sex?

Hmm, I conclude that you're not a man.
Did she offer? You seemed to have brushed over that bit. If you didnt trust her than thats quite normal not to wnat to get too involved with her.
Why did you stop being friends? Whay have you been proven right to not have trusted her?
Original post by ComputerMaths97
You didn't want sex?

Hmm, I conclude that you're not a man.

Yes, that is how it makes me feel. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending