The Student Room Group

the patriarchy - Should we bring it back?

Its clear from looking at the globe that Patriarchy societies are out breeding liberal societies.

So from a genetic/evolutionary point of view non patriarchy is a failure.

To get the most babies, you, the male should be the boss, and, sometimes, even spank your wife into submission (at least the global stats appear to state this).

a) Is this true?

b) If it is true what should be done - should liberals attack Patriarchies and destroy them?

c) Should women be second class citizens so that we (the west) be globally supreme?

What are your views

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It never existed in the first place.
Reply 2
Original post by FredOrJohn
...spank your wife into submission

What are your views?

:colone:
Reply 3
I think it is a bad idea!
Reply 4
Original post by Thomb
I think it is a bad idea!

I agree, but suppose patriarchies do indeed out breed liberals (eg for example Islam) what is your LONG TERM solution if any?
Reply 5
Original post by FredOrJohn
I agree, but suppose patriarchies do indeed out breed liberals (eg for example Islam) what is your LONG TERM solution if any?

To become muslim I s'pose? If you can't beat em join 'em (and vice versa)
Reply 6
Original post by Thomb

You would not need to be quite so dramatic. You could live a pre-1960s life style of pleasantville

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasantville_(film)#Plot
Reply 7
Bring it back? It never left.
Original post by wqzu
Bring it back? It never left.

Im amazed this took 8 posts.:smile:
Original post by Thomb

So you think Patriarchy is a bad idea but your answer is to do the one thing guaranteed to bring it about? :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by caravaggio2
So you think Patriarchy is a bad idea but your answer is to do the one thing guaranteed to bring it about? :s-smilie:

Yeah! LoL I don't know stop asking such complicated questions.
Reply 11
Original post by caravaggio2

I meant its a bad idea until it too late then its a good idea?
The matriarchy - should we bring it in?
No. How vile.
BIG RED!!!!!!
Serah....no trigger warning? How could you do that?
That's me off to find a safe space.:frown:
I agree, the patriarchy looks like a healthy system to run in
Yeah why not, it'd be solid banter.
Actually the poorer you are the more babies you have. This is because if you have career opportunities as both the male and the female, the less likely you are to put them on hold (or give them up), to have kids.

I.e. patriarchy by definition has more babies coz it forces the females to have no other opportunities.

Patriarchy is just that. A way for man to boost his ego.

Only reason you'd need it is if you have a small dick and feel worthless.

If you had confidence you wouldn't need to oppress women.
Reply 18
Original post by brainhuman
Actually the poorer you are the more babies you have. This is because if you have career opportunities as both the male and the female, the less likely you are to put them on hold (or give them up), to have kids.

I.e. patriarchy by definition has more babies coz it forces the females to have no other opportunities.

Too simplistic.

"Fifty shades of Grey" (a middle class book) was successful, in part because the word "Submissive" was pasted every few paragraphs. Large numbers of women, apparently found this reasonably entertaining as a way of life.

(its roughly the same word that is common within islam and I guess other patriarchy social systems - eg mormon polygamy for example )
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by brainhuman

You've just summed up perfectly why we don't live in a patriarchy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending