The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainhuman
Aww, was just getting more interesting.

Sorry, I was losing interest. I dislike all this intellectualism.
Israel's illegal settlements in the West Bank are against international law.

How can anyone defend this violation?

Seriously what is wrong with some of you people
Original post by Onde
I don't see why they both can't exist as countries. They should end their petty squabbling immediately.

Its like someone is intruding in to your house, and trying to claim it as their house, and someone else comes and say why cant you both live in the same house :biggrin:
The results of this poll sums it all up nicely :h:
Original post by queen-bee
The results of this poll sums it all up nicely :h:

Big deal. "size doesn't matter" :smile:
Israelis got used to win with large numerical superiority of their enemies. :cool:
Original post by Foo.mp3
A: I support justice, dignity, and the human rights of every Palestinian/Israeli

One cannot be categorical in taking sides, if one is truly erudite, objective, and impartial :holmes: ..nor damning, if one follows the way of Christ :jebus:

Who's suffering the most? Who's the occupier? Who's living on stolen land?

I follow the way of Christ but I will never turn a blind eye to injustices.
The" state of Israel" is the tribe of Judah.

Please tell me you're not serious,

Free them from what?
Reply 269
Israel.
Anyone who's been daft enough to go up against Israel in the past has had their arse comprehensively handed to them.
Original post by Pineapplefridge
Please tell me you're not serious,

Free them from what?

Probs he means the invader that keep trying to kill them.

Or maybe he means it's the only state in the Middle East where you can be free.
Original post by banterboy
Probs he means the invader that keep trying to kill them.

Or maybe he means it's the only state in the Middle East where you can be free.

Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian land. FACT.

Free? Clearly not if you are a Palestinian.
Reply 272
Original post by Hamadtype-
I dont care what does israel has to offer, as long as they used their force to get whats not their's, they should not exist.

Bit Strong
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) The suffering of either side relates, in large part, to how well they were able to organise their armies/societies/institutions/economies

2) Even were the above not the case, it's not a competition

3) Even were the above not the case, there is no basis in logic for the adoption of such a categorical position of support vs. antipathy

Muslim Arabs 'occupy' many territories to which other groups may lay claim, and often treat them very poorly indeed. To suppose that the Palestinians would be any different were the boot on the other foot is extremely naive. Israel does throw its weigh around, as an 'occupier', and only a moron would, in good conscience, not raise objections to a lot of their settlement-related activity, but you need look no further than the term 'dhimmi' to have a sense for what came before

A considerable proportion of the world's population (especially New World nations). At least Israelis had some justification (see pre-Arab Israeli conflict attrocities plus the experience of millions of Jews in Europe in the years immediately prior to said conflict)

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? (James, 4:12)

Wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things (Romans 2:1)

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone” (John, 8:7)

Ahl al dhimma* I'm so glad you know the history of non Muslims in Arab lands :smile: but I don't like how pro-Israeli you've become. I could never support Israel just by seeing what they are doing and have continued to do. I'm so glad the world is able to see the war crimes committed by Israel,plus aren't you being Judgemental of the treatment of Palestinians towards Israelis? I don't believe anything completely justifies Israelis actions towards innocent Arab men women and children

Ofcourse I'll judge if I see something wrong,I never said I was perfect.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm a decorated student of International Relations and Strategic Studies, so yes, I know a thing or two about arguably the most noteworthy/divisive inter-civilisational conflict of the modern era :borat:

You need to re-read what I've written. Nothing in what I've said suggests that I am pro-Israeli. I expect a higher degree of intellectualism from you, homie this **** is basic

Quote me where I said that?

Also expect a higher degree of piety. Not impressed

Okay

From our past conversations aswell,I'm not talking about an isolated incident here. It's not a competition of who has the most casualties but rather who is the oppressor and who is being oppressed,the suffering of the Palestinian people is being broadcasted on a daily basis for all to see

The paragraph where you talk about the ahl al dhimmah. If the tables were turned,do you believe Palestinians would treat Israel as badly as they are doing to the Palestinians? People forget that Arabs and Jews used to live side by side in complete harmony

I still am but this is something which we still see on the news on a daily basis. The issue has yet to go away. Let's just pray instead and inshallah,the rab will make things easy
(edited 7 years ago)
If the tables were turned,do you believe Palestinians would treat Israel as badly as they are doing to the Palestinians?

Their leadership certainly would, yeah.
Original post by Hydeman
Their leadership certainly would, yeah.

Assumptions assumptions
Assumptions assumptions

It's a pretty educated speculation, I'd say. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Don't ask the question if you're only willing to hear one answer. :dontknow:

I never even asked you, habibi. We don't have be answer to that question so in the meantime it's just assumptions because Israel is doing the oppressing
I never even asked you, habibi. We don't have be answer to that question so in the meantime it's just assumptions because Israel is doing the oppressing

By 'assumptions', do you mean that I'm speculating? If so, then that's hardly something to complain about, given that you asked a hypothetical question, even if it wasn't directed at me. The answer to a hypothetical question is always going to be speculative to some degree, but, as I've mentioned in my edit (which clearly wasn't quick enough), it's an educated speculation.

It's undeniable (and very far from an 'assumption') that Hamas isn't an organisation that would tolerate Israeli Jews if the balance of power was turned. To admit that is not the equivalent of excusing Israel's crimes.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending