The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry Specimen paper 1/2 set 1/2

Hi everyone,

I managed to find and access the newest specimen papers released by AQA for Chemistry so below you will find all the specimen papers for the new specification.

I have found that these specimen papers are extremely difficult and I don't quite understand what AQA are going to produce in the actual examination, but let's hope they aren't as harsh.

Paper 1:
Paper 1 (AS): Specimen question paper (set 1)
Paper 1 (AS): Specimen mark scheme (set 1)

Paper 1 (AS): Specimen question paper (set 2)
Paper 1 (AS): Specimen mark scheme (set 2)

Paper 2:
Paper 2 (AS): Specimen question paper (set 1)
Paper 2 (AS): Specimen mark scheme (set 1)

Paper 2 (AS): Specimen question paper (set 2)
Paper 2 (AS): Specimen mark scheme (set 2)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThomasOakes
Hi everyone,

I managed to find and access the newest specimen papers released by AQA for Chemistry so below you will find all the specimen papers for the new specification.

I have found that these specimen papers are extremely difficult and I don't quite understand what AQA are going to produce in the actual examination, but let's hope they aren't as harsh.

Paper 1:

Paper 2:

]
the mark scheme is not right for the paper 2 set 2 u posted the paper again
Reply 2
Original post by chemo1234
]
the mark scheme is not right for the paper 2 set 2 u posted the paper again

There we go, I must've got caught up in all the links haha
Reply 3
Hi everyone,

Paper 1:

Paper 2:

How many marks did you get for paper 1, set 2 and paper 2, set 2?
Reply 4
Original post by JGang
How many marks did you get for paper 1, set 2 and paper 2, set 2?

Paper 1 set 2 I got 63 out of 80 but I haven't attempted paper 2 set 2 yet.
Reply 5
Paper 1 set 2 I got 63 out of 80 but I haven't attempted paper 2 set 2 yet.

Well done, that's actually a good mark.
Reply 6
Original post by JGang
Well done, that's actually a good mark.

Thank you. Have you done it? i found it much harder than the ones i did earlier on that day which i did the paper on, those exams were Unit 1 for june 2012/13
Reply 7
Thank you. Have you done it? i found it much harder than the ones i did earlier on that day which i did the paper on, those exams were Unit 1 for june 2012/13

Yeah, ive done it, I got 50 marks (this was around 2 months ago, so if I did another one, I'd get higher as I've done more revision now). Yeah, the new specification is much harder than the old one.

Ive done paper 2 set 2, and I got 55 marks, so a better mark than I got on the paper 1, even though its supposed to be harder. I like Unit 3 - Organic Chemistry quite a bit.
Reply 8
Original post by JGang
Yeah, ive done it, I got 50 marks (this was around 2 months ago, so if I did another one, I'd get higher as I've done more revision now). Yeah, the new specification is much harder than the old one.

Ive done paper 2 set 2, and I got 55 marks, so a better mark than I got on the paper 1, even though its supposed to be harder. I like Unit 3 - Organic Chemistry quite a bit.

That's still a solid 50 marks you got, so of course you'd do better. I sort of lack my knowledge a lot based on Organic, my teacher wasn't the best of all and doesn't exactly teach us our specification, he more so teaches the specification he learnt 40 years ago. so Yeah haha, but not to worry as my revision will cover it all well.
Reply 9
That's still a solid 50 marks you got, so of course you'd do better. I sort of lack my knowledge a lot based on Organic, my teacher wasn't the best of all and doesn't exactly teach us our specification, he more so teaches the specification he learnt 40 years ago. so Yeah haha, but not to worry as my revision will cover it all well.

Yeah, if your getting 63 on the first paper, it shouldn't be too hard to do well in Organic as well. Good luck.

You may already know him, but there's a great Chemistry channel on Youtube called 'E Rintoul'. He has made a playlist of all the new specification content and separated it from his old specification videos, his videos on Organic Chemistry are really helpful, and will help with any extra revision you're doing (and can actually even substitute reading books as revision).
Original post by JGang
Yeah, if your getting 63 on the first paper, it shouldn't be too hard to do well in Organic as well. Good luck.

You may already know him, but there's a great Chemistry channel on Youtube called 'E Rintoul'. He has made a playlist of all the new specification content and separated it from his old specification videos, his videos on Organic Chemistry are really helpful, and will help with any extra revision you're doing (and can actually even substitute reading books as revision).

Good luck to you too!

E Rintoul is a great youtube channel for Chemistry indeed, I always watch his video when I don't have the motivation for writing haha. However my current revision technique is to just make notes, re-teaching myself the content and then testing myself on it all. It works for me atleast.
guys nearlly that time for chem
do you guys think its going to be really hard because i get close to full marks on old spec but new i get like cs and bs
think grade boundries are gonna be lower that usuall as we are the first year to try them and also are specimin papers harder than the exam
can somone help me with one of the question for the set 2 papers for the percentage error question im really confused
Original post by Enderbat1999
think grade boundries are gonna be lower that usuall as we are the first year to try them and also are specimin papers harder than the exam

Yeah grade boundaries will most likely be lower because of it being a new spec, but we have no idea how difficult the paper is going to be, maybe they were just trying to scare us all with them specimen papers and now the actual paper could be a relief - who knows.
Yeah grade boundaries will most likely be lower because of it being a new spec, but we have no idea how difficult the paper is going to be, maybe they were just trying to scare us all with them specimen papers and now the actual paper could be a relief - who knows.

true. i feel like im ready because these old spec papers i get as and bs but in new spec i got an a for set 1 paper 1 but for set 2 paper i got like a c
Original post by Enderbat1999
true. i feel like im ready because these old spec papers i get as and bs but in new spec i got an a for set 1 paper 1 but for set 2 paper i got like a c

Do you do the unit 2 papers as revision for the old spec as well?
Do you do the unit 2 papers as revision for the old spec as well?

yeah because i did unit 1 first and i realised there was nothing to do with enthalpy and um halogens and unit 2 has it so i do both unit 1 and 2 thats why i understand paper 1 of the first set of spec papers but paper 2 i dont get a few questions
Can anyone explain how to work out Question 3.4 on Paper 1 set 2 really don't get why Mr is divided by avagardos to get mass. Pizzazz help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending