The Student Room Group

Before the exam...your advice ?

Hello
I have been shortlisted to attend an interview and do assessments for an Access course, two consecutive days before a GCSE exam.I would have to leave the house very early in the morning and return around 8-9 at night.I suffer from terrible migraines and other neurological problems when under stress.(not stressed about the exams, but having to travel far two days in the row and then have 2 exams the following days)
I wouldn't want to risk failing the GCSE exam, as if I don't get the correct grades, I will not be able to do either the Access or A levels.Someone please tell me that is the right thing to do...I feel like I am rejecting a good opportunity....Would it be wiser to do the A levels instead?I am a mature student but A levels would prepare me better for Uni, right? I don't mind adding that extra year to my studies, I am more interested in learning rather than finishing quickly.It would give me more options for Uni' s and would save me time in filling the gaps when I start Uni...Am I thinking right?
Can't you ask them to delay the assessment? I'm sure they'd understand.
Reply 2
Original post by ProbablyNoGod
Can't you ask them to delay the assessment? I'm sure they'd understand.

That is what I did, they told me it is highly unlikely but will pass the information on.They want me on the 23th and 24th.Exams are on the 25th and 26th.
I didn't expect to be sortlisted, others had A levels already and I only have GCSE English and Maths.It was probably my references from the tutors or my personal statement that got their attention.I was very suprised when they emailed me.
They shouldn't be doing these assesments and interviews on that period, not fair to whoever is doing exams.And it is the only Access to Medicine course near me too...(although you don't call it "near")
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest