The Student Room Group

HOW DO I REVISE IN 4 DAYS AND GET ALL As

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
x

I guess you're right, hey maybe OP will eventually become organised and not lazy. I just can't stand how people take things for granted and from personal experience, its the mistakes that make you learn.
Original post by realistpessimist
You don't and you can't, you should not have left it so late.

name checks out
Original post by jackthb
name checks out

yes sir *tips fedora*
4 days LOOL you've ****ed up big time mate ngl. Unless you are already getting high Bs atm.
[QUOTE=Daniel9998;64736789]4 days LOOL you've ****ed up big time mate ngl. Unless you are already getting high Bs atm.

yes, i am getting high Bs in all my subjects rn, so im hoping i can push up to an A.
Original post by Lazybutorganised
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

i'm not going to be pessimistic saying that you're not going to achieve it buuuuuuuut revise efficiently now and voila no U's for you.
Reply 126
Don't fret fam I didn't start revising till 4 days before exams and I got AAB and was like 3 marks away fromA* in chem last year. You'll be fine 👍🏻 haven't started revising at uni yet and my first two exams less than a week away.
Original post by Lazybutorganised
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

Get your head out your ass and start revising brother. You've literally chosen the 4 hardest a levels and speaking from experience, you cannot just wing the exam
Reply 128
lol this was what i did for every exam in as and a2. just do 9 hours of revision each day with hardly any breaks and only concentrate on one subject at a time. in as i got AAB and in A2 i got AAA so its possible. (also i spent the whole year getting c's and b's so it was like i was always working at an A)
Find the specification for each subject so type in for example ocr biology specification read through each point with a text book next to you if there's a point on the spec you don't know an answer to find the answer in the text book and memorise it once you've been through the spec do past papers but question by question so read the question answer in your head then look at the mark scheme and check if you got it right. Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey OP sup, this will be hard if you don't have the resources but let me give you some sites that'll make this possible. For maths go to http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/alevelpastpapers.htm if you do AQA and learn the written solutions to the exam papers (as well as learning all your formulas off by heart) if you do edexcel or ORC maths go Examsolutions.net and you can get vids that go through all the papers. For the science subjects there is a site that goes through a lot of the past papers in detail but it'll cost you some £ its called http://www.livescience.co.uk/subjects/view/A-Level-Chemistry/AQA/Unit%201/pastpapers , hope this helps and good luck (also please don't listen to anyone who says it's too late, it never is if you give your full 100%)
Hi i did Biology Chemistry and Psychology AS and i created some videos on my youtube channel if that helps for psychology i got my retake exam on monday. but trust me when doing A2 you dont want to faf around doing retakes its soo stressfull so i hope you do well lol :biggrin: my channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQYlw01PLQle2m8uUYxapg or just type in tahmid choudhury in youtube my videos comes up. also acormyns helps alot in remebering essays for psychology too :biggrin:

Hope this helped :biggrin:
If you are the kind of person that can handle this kinda stress - and it's not totally unrealistic given your current stage/understanding - you'll be fine. I basically did this and got all As.Past papers are key. And it's all about the marking criteria.Teach people and get them to test you.Plan your time.And mind maps mind maps mind maps.

PS to everyone being mean - not at all necessary.
Maybe you should change your screen name to Lazyanddisorganised. Trying to revise 4 subjects over 4 days is a recipe for disaster unless you're incredibly lucky with the questions
When I was doing A levels, my coursework always had high marks, and because of how easy school was with the "you need to try hard" when I got really high grades with no effort, I did the same in college in my first year (AS) and, like you, didn't revise till a few days before. Ended up with D's over all at AS. so second year I was pretty much trying to learn AS and A2 in one year to resit and the work load is just to much. Ended up With C, D (one mark off C), D.

But on the plus side, it will be a great life lesson for you OP to get your butt into gear and actually start putting in the effort! learnt that the hard way but glad I learnt it before it was too late!
(edited 7 years ago)
Order a **** load of modafinil as well. You're going to need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck!

I wouldn't focus on memorisation honestly. Not word from word.

Please try and understand what you are learning. The concept. It is 100% better.

Also, I've seen all the arguing on here, haha glad to see TSR hasn't changed.
Original post by lazybutorganised
ive got 4 days until my first as exam and i am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. Somebody help?!?! I study bio, chem, maths and psychology. I need 4 as this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

reviseeeeee nowwww good luck
Truth is, you probably can't get 4As in your case (I tried something similar in your position and it backfired miserably). However you still have a decent amount of time. You said you had 4 days until your first exam? Well it's down to 2 days now, but how spaced out are your exams? How many do you have?
Original post by lozzieladybird
Best thing to do now is sit your exams and try not to drop anything else. focus on getting atleast 5 grades including maths english and science and these subjects are required for many future jobs ect and the standard amount is 5 or more grades & a C grade is classed as a pass so if anything focus on getting those C grades across the board.Ignore all the hate comments. 2 years ago I sat my GCSE's and missed 3 years off school due to a genetic Illness and being in and out of hostpital for operations. I took 7 GCSE's in total and worked very hard to get: CBBBAAA. Don't give up now. It's easier to let this all get too much for you but just remember all you need are those 5 C grades and your sorted which should help take the pressure off. Good luck xxxx

You realise they're doing AS Levels?

Quick Reply

Latest