Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by ssshah2
How does that work? I am genuinely curious

Lol me too!:biggrin:
Reply 361
Original post by luisgr8
Alright thanks
And did you divide the table in 2b into each variety of apple or simply into modern and traditional?

Yea, how'd you guess that? :redface:
Reply 362
Original post by Agarshanan
guys i think i made a huge mistake in Q1,a . can somebody tell how much marks will i loose for this ---> i forgot to talk about the sand in the expirement . i just told keep the egg and incubate :frown:. i think i screwed up whole question

Umm depends, maybe you'll get all the rest mps and get 5/5
Original post by ssshah2
How does that work? I am genuinely curious

People could still be taking the exams, so if we're here discussing it then they could be getting the answers before their exams and hence getting higher marks and the boundaries go up:colondollar: I'm guessing that's what they mean haha
Original post by Annaaix_
People could still be taking the exams, so if we're here discussing it then they could be getting the answers before their exams and hence getting higher marks and the boundaries go up:colondollar: I'm guessing that's what they mean haha

But there is a reason there are standard exam starting times for each country, there is a window of time for students from one centre to start the paper before any other centre's candidates are released.
Further, for students from countries with ridiculous time zone differences e.g. those in Malaysia, they have their own separate 'R' papers
Original post by Aimen.
My experiment went like:
The independent variable is the hatching temperature, and the dependent variable is the gender of liards. Choose five different temperatures (20c, 25c, 30c, 35c and 40c) and take 40 lizard eggs from same parents and divide into 5 groups of 8 eggs each. put each group into a sepearate box and add known volumes of soil measured using measuring cylinder from the same soil bag to cover each group. Incubate each group at a chosen temperature for two months in a thermostatically conrolled incubator and count after two months. Repeat experiment twice with eggs from same species of lizard.
Gahh I know it's a funny idea that one lizard would give 40 eggs or you switch on incubator for 2 months but I couldn't think of anything else xD Couldn't even come up with a control xD:frown:

Ahh it sounds fine!! Don't worry mybe you'll be compensated with other points that you have wrote!

For me, I don't know why i didn't think of this experiment, when I saw the nests and soil it directly drew me off to quadrat sampling, I included the right dependent and independent variable but then I mentioned about placing quadrats a in various range of sampling areas with a range of temperatures, included the number generator to find their positions then I said about finding the percentage cover of eggs who hatched to give males and females with including measurements to temperature and light intensity throughout the experiment
so I don't know if they'll not award me any marks for it but I definitely know that I am probably one in a million who wrote like that because I couldn't find anyone mentioning this experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ssshah2
But there is a reason there are standard exam starting times for each country, there is a window of time for students from one centre to start the paper before any other centre's candidates are released.
Further, for students from countries with ridiculous time zone differences e.g. those in Malaysia, they have their own separate 'R' papers

Is there any R paper for unit 6? I never found them..I thought they do their practicals..
I think this only happened in 2013 and 14 when it is still called GCE A-Levels but not IAL... or else we could see the R papers on the edexcel page... in hong kong (gmt +8) we have exam at 13:00, but if all the exams really do start at the same time, countries in europe would start at 5 or 6 am (?)
Original post by ssshah2
Original post by PlayerBB
Ahh it sounds fine!! Don't worry mybe you'll be compensated with other points that you have wrote!

For me, I don't know why i didn't think of this experiment, when I saw the nests and soil it directly drew me off to quadrat sampling, I included the right dependent and independent variable but then I mentioned about placing quadrats a in various range of sampling areas with a range of temperatures, included the number generator to find their positions then I said about finding the percentage cover of eggs who hatched to give males and females with including measurements to temperature and light intensity throughout the experiment
so I don't know if they'll not award me any marks for it but I definitely know that I am probably one in a million who wrote like that because I couldn't find anyone mentioning this experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile

That could also be right. You can never know what edexcel exactly expected us to write. So don't worry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chinu_Cheeku97
That could also be right. You can never know what edexcel exactly expected us to write. So don't worry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you Chinu, hopefully they expected us to write either of these experiments :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry maybe you're the only one right! xD
Original post by Aimen.
Don't worry maybe you're the only one right! xD

Well, let's hope both experiments are right :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372
Original post by Annaaix_

Lol so I was depressed by this thought!
That I unintentionally made grade boundaries higher and troubled all those hardworkers who didn't cheat! :/

But I checked with steven nugus from edexcel and he says it isn't so and they have synchronized exam system so all us have papers at the same time.
I still wonder how! :biggrin:
Reply 373
Original post by Agarshanan
guys i think i made a huge mistake in Q1,a . can somebody tell how much marks will i loose for this ---> i forgot to talk about the sand in the expirement . i just told keep the egg and incubate :frown:. i think i screwed up whole question

Now that you mention, I think I didn't mention soil either... just keeping in an incubator. But I don't think that it'll be wrong.
Reply 374
Getting back to unit 4 and 5, we have so much time and yet these seem impossible! x(
Original post by Aimen.
Getting back to unit 4 and 5, we have so much time and yet these seem impossible! x(

It does!!! So much to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 376
It does!!! So much to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm thinking of making a timetable today, and yea I guess memorizing article notes would do!
But I'm so worried cuz we have no gap b/w chem 5 and bio 5 :/
Original post by Aimen.
Well I'm thinking of making a timetable today, and yea I guess memorizing article notes would do!
But I'm so worried cuz we have no gap b/w chem 5 and bio 5 :/

Yeahh I made a timetable as well but I never follow it so it's just to know how much work I still have!

Yeah that's what sucks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I made a Unit 4 thread too : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4104431&p=65008875#post65008875
Who else is giving it?
Reply 379
Yeahh I made a timetable as well but I never follow it so it's just to know how much work I still have!

Yeah that's what sucks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy do you mind showing me your timetable? pm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending