The Student Room Group

MAY 17th Edexcel GCSE French and Biology 1

HEYY!

How is everyone feeling about the upcoming exam on Tuesday? I am confident with Biology and pretty confident with French as I need to just get into an A* for both the reading and listening exam for an A* overall! Hopefully I can get full UMS in the reading so I can do slightly worse in the listening haha!

Hopefully the exams aren't too bad :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you got any prediction papers for biology as they have to test certain topics on spec every three years, this year is the last year of spec so might as well look in to it
I do AQA French on Tuesday as opposed to Edexcel but I am doing the biology edexcel unit 1 exam on Tuesday, I'm hoping for an A* in both I'm feeling pretty confident:h:
Original post by Ggggcses
Have you got any prediction papers for biology as they have to test certain topics on spec every three years, this year is the last year of spec so might as well look in to it

No unfortunately I don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caitlinford3
I do AQA French on Tuesday as opposed to Edexcel but I am doing the biology edexcel unit 1 exam on Tuesday, I'm hoping for an A* in both I'm feeling pretty confident:h:

Hahaha bonne chance! Im sure you'll be able to get 2 A*s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hahaha bonne chance! Im sure you'll be able to get 2 A*s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To you too & I really hope so :h:
Reply 6
HEYY!

How is everyone feeling about the upcoming exam on Tuesday? I am confident with Biology and pretty confident with French as I need to just get into an A* for both the reading and listening exam for an A* overall! Hopefully I can get full UMS in the reading so I can do slightly worse in the listening haha!

How are you preparing? :smile: i find listening easier than reading omg :') I really need A* for this, i did really well for speaking and writing.
Reply 7
HEYY!

Not feeling too confident lol, haven't revised half as much as I've wanted to so just doing past papers instead of notes. I've got an A in french coursework so far so that's not too bad :smile:.
Original post by cc16cp02
How are you preparing? :smile: i find listening easier than reading omg :') I really need A* for this, i did really well for speaking and writing.

Hahaha sometimes I find it easier but most the time I do better in reading :smile:

So far I've been memorising vocab by using 'memrise gcse edexcel vocabulary list'. It's really good so I recommend that you search it up :smile:

Haha same here :smile: i really hope it goes well because after the exam I can guess if I've already got 1A* or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KMPlays
Not feeling too confident lol, haven't revised half as much as I've wanted to so just doing past papers instead of notes. I've got an A in french coursework so far so that's not too bad :smile:.

Aww that's ok! Keep going :smile: u've got a very strong coursework grade! 60% of ur final grade is done so u know ur going into the exam with a strong start :smile:

Hopefully we can all get the grades we want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Why am I the only person who's scared lmao
Original post by gameofno

Im really really scared too. for french..
Hahaha sometimes I find it easier but most the time I do better in reading :smile:

So far I've been memorising vocab by using 'memrise gcse edexcel vocabulary list'. It's really good so I recommend that you search it up :smile:

Haha same here :smile: i really hope it goes well because after the exam I can guess if I've already got 1A* or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god it's amazing thank you so so much. Really, Thank you:biggrin: Good luck hahah. did you do good for speaking and writing?:smile: even if i get like a little less than A* for this, it'll probably be A* only because of my speaking and writing.
Oh my god it's amazing thank you so so much. Really, Thank you:biggrin: Good luck hahah. did you do good for speaking and writing?:smile: even if i get like a little less than A* for this, it'll probably be A* only because of my speaking and writing.

Hahaha welcome! It is really good tbh but I stopped using it because there's just so many words I have to go through even if I know them which just wastes time. I wish we could select the words we need to learn!

I need to be on the A* boundary to get an A* overall. However because my reading is my strength I am planning on getting full UMS for the reading so if I get a high A in the listening then it will be an A* overall :smile:

However I had a major confidence blow because I did the june 2011 listening past paper yesterday and I got my first B! That means I need 64 UMS for the reading which is not possible because there's only a maximum of 60 UMS points! But I realised that I actually knew the right answer but ticked the wrong box if that makes sense hahaha!

I got 56/60 in my writing and 44/60 in speaking but she said it's likely to go up so I am happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gameofno

Don't worry your not the only one! Having some nerves is better than having none or having lots! Just do your best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Im really really scared too. for french..

good luck :frown:
Reply 16
HEYY!

i love how im not the only one, im feeling pretty chill for both. really want an A* in french cause i did great in my speaking!! reaching for an A* in bio but an A isnt too bad either!!
Original post by mlkef
i love how im not the only one, im feeling pretty chill for both. really want an A* in french cause i did great in my speaking!! reaching for an A* in bio but an A isnt too bad either!!

Hahaha I really want an A* for french as well! Aiming for an A* for biology as well! I did a past paper for biology yesterday and managed to get 56/60 so hopefully I can get a similar mark on Tuesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hahaha I really want an A* for french as well! Aiming for an A* for biology as well! I did a past paper for biology yesterday and managed to get 56/60 so hopefully I can get a similar mark on Tuesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

awww thats so good!! hopefully you can!! let me know what you thought of it on tue?!!
Original post by mlkef
awww thats so good!! hopefully you can!! let me know what you thought of it on tue?!!

Haha thank you :smile: and yes definitely will! Get back to me on tuesday as well and let me know here! Or pm me? Hopefully the exam won't be too hard haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest