The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology PSYA1/PSYA2 Revision Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaykaayy
Both would be great, but which ever one you think is the most helpful?
Also what techniques are you using to memorise the evaluations and the names of the studies? Thanks!

Acronyms really work for me.
Original post by the.chantele
AO1:

Is about your knowledge of your topic, just write about what it is and does...like for example the MSM.

AO3:

-You need 3 evaluation points and explain them using PEE as simple as you can.

Sorry, what's PEE?
Holy moly I'm scared
Exam is tomorrow and I'm doing last minute revision now. :frown:
Can anyone recommend me any good revision websites for psychology?
Reply 45
Original post by Abirella
Can anyone recommend me any good revision websites for psychology?

simply psychology is great
If anyone needs any help with any study just reply to this message i'm willing to help as it benefits my revision.
Has anyone got any real life examples for minority influence in detail, for example Gandhi, feminist movement, gay rights etc would be helpful this is something i've yet to do.
Original post by The Panic Queen
Does anyone use a structured plan for 12 markers and if so could you share it with me, I can't seem to get past the 8 marks mark

A01 - describing the study/theory for around half a page

A03 - your evaluation - 3-4 points minimum described really well and don't repeat them - like saying it's biased because all the participants were all from USA should be fine but then you shouldn't add another point that's too similar like it's also biased because the participants were all males - it most likely wouldn't count as 2 separate points.

A03 should typicallt be made up of supporting/counter-evidence (other small studies supporting the study/theory), research issues (researched biased, culture biased etc.), ethical issues
Original post by amelienine
Sorry, what's PEE?

Point, Evidence, Explain
Original post by _Lizabeth_
A01 - describing the study/theory for around half a page

A03 - your evaluation - 3-4 points minimum described really well and don't repeat them - like saying it's biased because all the participants were all from USA should be fine but then you shouldn't add another point that's too similar like it's also biased because the participants were all males - it most likely wouldn't count as 2 separate points.

A03 should typicallt be made up of supporting/counter-evidence (other small studies supporting the study/theory), research issues (researched biased, culture biased etc.), ethical issues

Thank you!!
How are you feeling about the exam on Monday? :/
Original post by RGPunt
Not really certain what you mean but if i had thi as a question i would counter it by using information from the interview(70% part you mentioned) and go into further detail about the findings. Counter evidence should definitely be used as it shows understanding and balances your argument.

For 12 markers assuming its a discuss or outline and evaluate question only 6 of those marks will go towards evaluating so you only need 2-3 points max. Id say 4 sentences per point so depending on handwriting that should be about 1/2-3/4 of a page on evaluating. For the whole answer i fully agree 1-1 1/2 pages would be the right amount.

Thanks, I started doing the questions and realise that much is about right (if I don't run of time :K:).
Original post by vezuxiii
Has anyone got any real life examples for minority influence in detail, for example Gandhi, feminist movement, gay rights etc would be helpful this is something i've yet to do.

The example we used at school was The Civil Rights Movement, but you don't really need know more than 1-2
I don't understand why they can't just give more time, it's about how much we know about the subject, not how fast we can write... :/
Can they test us on research methods on paper 1?
Original post by MadHannah23
Can they test us on research methods on paper 1?

yeah
Is Psychopathology going to come up in paper 1? I'm a bit confused about what topics going to come up on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, hope everyone's revision's going well. Don't suppose anyone has access to the 2012 papers for unit 2 and the mark scheme? Thanks :smile:
Is Psychopathology going to come up in paper 1? I'm a bit confused about what topics going to come up on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Monday is just memory and developmental with a lot of research methods thrown in! :smile: No psychopathology until next week! It's on the paper with stress and social.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paper 1: Social Psychology, memory and attachment (with research methods incorporated)
Paper 2: approaches with bio psychology, psychopathology and research methods
This video is good for research methods, and also has many good revision studies for paper 1 too.
https://youtu.be/8OnL5tm0cmk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending