The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Geography Glacial Processes and Environments Revision Notes

Hi everyone,

I've attached my notes for the Glacial Landforms and their Management topic for A2 WJEC Geography. Although I was with WJEC, I figured these notes might come in handy for other exam boards too!

I hope you guys might find them useful :h:

I've also got several example essays for this topic if anyone would like them, they cover:

Opportunities and limitations for human activity presented by the northward shift of the permafrost limit
How glacial processes and landforms impact on human activity
How glaciers operate as a system
How management strategies in glacial environments provide protection from the impacts of glacial processes
The processes responsible for the production of one or more glacial landforms
The role of erosional processes in the development of glacial landforms
Why glacial environments are important
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
these notes are so great thank you! what grade did you get for a2 and do you mind posting your essays :smile:
Original post by gabbiw
these notes are so great thank you! what grade did you get for a2 and do you mind posting your essays :smile:

I'm glad you like them gabbiw! I got a B grade overall (I did well for the unit 3 exam which I got an A in, but I struggled with the sustainability module which brought my overall grade down to a middle-ish B).

Are there any essays in particular which you would like, or would you like me to put up all of them? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm glad you like them gabbiw! I got a B grade overall (I did well for the unit 3 exam which I got an A in, but I struggled with the sustainability module which brought my overall grade down to a middle-ish B).

Are there any essays in particular which you would like, or would you like me to put up all of them? :smile:

can you put all of them up i really struggle with this module haha thank you! do you have any tips for revising g3 and g4, we haven't even looked at the resource booklet and we still have a topic left in sustainability lol. we also went to the french alps haha
Original post by gabbiw
can you put all of them up i really struggle with this module haha thank you! do you have any tips for revising g3 and g4, we haven't even looked at the resource booklet and we still have a topic left in sustainability lol. we also went to the french alps haha

Sure, I'll attach them here :h:

I'm afraid I don't have many tips for G3 and G4, as I wasn't entirely sure how to revise for them either! My tactic was to write as many model essays as I could for different questions using the mark schemes (even though the mark schemes are pretty useless in my opinion!), and hope that some of the questions I did essays for came up in the real exam!

I have a list of all of the past exam questions for the glaciation module, I can upload that too if that would help? At least, I think I have all of them haha! :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Leviathan1741
Sure, I'll attach them here :h:

I'm afraid I don't have many tips for G3 and G4, as I wasn't entirely sure how to revise for them either! My tactic was to write as many model essays as I could for different questions using the mark schemes (even though the mark schemes are pretty useless in my opinion!), and hope that some of the questions I did essays for came up in the real exam!

I have a list of all of the past exam questions for the glaciation module, I can upload that too if that would help? At least, I think I have all of them haha! :tongue:

omg thank you so much!! no it's fine I have all the questions what was your other g3 topic mine's globalisation, sorry you seem really helpful :smile:
Original post by gabbiw
omg thank you so much!! no it's fine I have all the questions what was your other g3 topic mine's globalisation, sorry you seem really helpful :smile:

No problem! I did globalisation as well, although I didn't really have time to make notes for that :redface:
I'm glad I uploaded these notes, as they are actually proving to be more useful than my university lecture notes at the moment :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending