The Student Room Group

Study Leave vs School

My school doesn't give us study leave and I've been wondering whether most students find study leave or being in school more beneficial. On study leave you can revise what you need to and in your own personalised way which works for you. Whereas in school you have teachers who are (or should be) experts in their subjects and can give you advice not really available at home.
Reply 1
Original post by AxSirlotl
My school doesn't give us study leave and I've been wondering whether most students find study leave or being in school more beneficial. On study leave you can revise what you need to and in your own personalised way which works for you. Whereas in school you have teachers who are (or should be) experts in their subjects and can give you advice not really available at home.

In my opinion I prefer study leave because i always get distracted by my friends and its just not the right atmosphere for me. As you mentioned, i can revise in my own personalised way without any distractions and spread out all my revision resources. I can also focus on the topics i struggle the most on rather than the teacher going through everything I'm sure of and simply wasting my time
Reply 2
My school was supposed to give us study leave on the 28th of April & said no you'll get it on the 12th of May instead, so I just stopped going. I can do more work at home, like 8 chapters a day vs whether I go to school when i come back home im tired and do like 1 chapter.
Original post by AxSirlotl

Take the study leave. You've already learned all that they can teach you in school.
It entirely depends on the student, Some students work better at home, others work better in collage/ school. I personally work better at home because it cuts out 1:30 mins of travelling and there's nobody to talk to and get distracted by at home. However some students prefer to be in collage because they prefer the extra support from teachers, or they just find it a better environment to learn in.

So personally I believe the best "study leave" is to have a period of "optional attendance" where teachers are still in collage, available to help students and rooms are left empty for students who want to work.

Quick Reply

Latest