The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ziggyystardust
I know right! I'm so happy! Tz1?
Any predictions for paper 2?
I do the Abnormal and Developmental options

TZ2 haha. I do standard level and we do relationships 😄 hoping for some nice questions too though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by u97
Yes ITGS HL for me :frown:
So scared. What are you revising and where are you revising from may I know? My school hasn't provided ANY Books or resources for revision and seeing as though its my HL I need to do well. Very scared!

I'm studying from Stuart Gray's textbook "Information Technology in a Global Society" and "Digital planet tomorrow's technology and you" by George Beekman.
We only got one textbook (which was horrible) so I had to borrow the Stuart Grey one which is a lot better - I didn't get a lot of resources either :-/

I found as if this was a good resource to study from as well: http://www.braindrill.net/wsMohan/e_list.asp?elf=DP_ITGS

How's the revision going for you? I'm horribly scared :s-smilie: Do you know if the examiners mark very harsh?
Original post by Procaffinator
Totally agree! :h: TZ1 or TZ2?
ahh i'm not sure, i think i'm usually TZ2 though! What about you?:smile:
I know right!!! I'm so happy and relieved! I hope paper 2 isn't a killer...
lets hope! What options are yiu taking for p2? I've got human relationships and developmental :smile:
I did option A materials and idk for sure it was pretty fine but i hope i didnt make dumb mistakes cause i messed paper 2 really bad. Paper 1 was good though. I just hope i scrape a 6 somehow :') and psych was amazing that bloa question made me soooo happy when i got the paper
Reply 385
Original post by tillu22
I'm studying from Stuart Gray's textbook "Information Technology in a Global Society" and "Digital planet tomorrow's technology and you" by George Beekman.
We only got one textbook (which was horrible) so I had to borrow the Stuart Grey one which is a lot better - I didn't get a lot of resources either :-/

I found as if this was a good resource to study from as well: http://www.braindrill.net/wsMohan/e_list.asp?elf=DP_ITGS

How's the revision going for you? I'm horribly scared :s-smilie: Do you know if the examiners mark very harsh?

Thank you soo much! (We didn't get ANY books so consider yourselves lukcy ahah) I'll look up online versions of those books. I, too, am verryy frightened and to make things worse I'm sure you know, its common knowledge that the world average for is a 4. There was only ONE 7 in 12 years and few 6s - or so I've been told.

So you get the picture, ITGS is graded harsh. Revision is VERY poor - meaning I haven't started it. Its cause i have french and ITGS on the same day and ES&S the next exact day - I practically have no time to breathe.
Don't know when i'll start revision:frown:

Hows your revision
Any predictions for Psych Paper 2? I'm doing Developmental and Abnormal
Original post by katethegreat98
lets hope! What options are yiu taking for p2? I've got human relationships and developmental :smile:

Developmental & abnormal! I love developmental but hate abnormal...
Good luck :smile:
Original post by mirrk97
Any predictions for Psych Paper 2? I'm doing Developmental and Abnormal

I do Dev and Abn too! I have a feeling that reliability and/or validity of diagnosis will come up...
Any ideas?
I do Dev and Abn too! I have a feeling that reliability and/or validity of diagnosis will come up...
Any ideas?

I have no idea for abnormal :frown: But I think we'll get Social Factors in Cognitive Development or Strategies to Build Resilience for Development :/
did anyone do the maths studies paper 2 TZ0?
Original post by sophieec

yep
Original post by u97
Thank you soo much! (We didn't get ANY books so consider yourselves lukcy ahah) I'll look up online versions of those books. I, too, am verryy frightened and to make things worse I'm sure you know, its common knowledge that the world average for is a 4. There was only ONE 7 in 12 years and few 6s - or so I've been told.

So you get the picture, ITGS is graded harsh. Revision is VERY poor - meaning I haven't started it. Its cause i have french and ITGS on the same day and ES&S the next exact day - I practically have no time to breathe.
Don't know when i'll start revision:frown:

Hows your revision

Oh no! That must be awful!! Wow - that's actually insane! One 7 in 12 years!! :O

I'm only in my first year of IB and at my school SL ITGS is a one year course so I don't have any other exams to worry about - so revision for me is going pretty well.

I found this website pretty helpful too: http://www.itgsnews.com/category/revision/
Reply 393
Original post by sophieec

yes!
Reply 394
Anyone slightly stressing over Philosophy? :s-smilie:
Reply 395
Original post by Niraxas
I did option A materials and idk for sure it was pretty fine but i hope i didnt make dumb mistakes cause i messed paper 2 really bad. Paper 1 was good though. I just hope i scrape a 6 somehow :':wink: and psych was amazing that bloa question made me soooo happy when i got the paper

was this for chemistry? if so what were the bits you found hard in paper 2? (it's been 24 hours to I think we can talk about the paper!)
Original post by medleg
was this for chemistry? if so what were the bits you found hard in paper 2? (it's been 24 hours to I think we can talk about the paper!)

The paper wasn't hard it was just the night before the exam i blanked out and kind of thought i forgot everything so i was freaking out and then the next day the paper seemed quite easy and i got all the theory and definitions and basic stuff right I just kind of messed up most of the equations and some calculations. I just hope my good ia can pull me up to a 6
Psych HL peeps in TZ 2? For paper 2, do you think it'll be fine if i do 2/4 sections in each option cause theres sooo much and our teacher hasnt done anythign for paper 2 so we dont even have notes :frown: We're doing abnormal and health So i was wondering if just stress and Health Promotions would be enough and for Abnormal, Concepts and Diagnosis and Physiological Disorders would be enough?
Reply 398
Original post by tillu22
Oh no! That must be awful!! Wow - that's actually insane! One 7 in 12 years!! :O

I'm only in my first year of IB and at my school SL ITGS is a one year course so I don't have any other exams to worry about - so revision for me is going pretty well.

I found this website pretty helpful too: http://www.itgsnews.com/category/revision/

Then you're all set! (and very very lucky) haha, also next year you wont have to worry about 6 subjects just 5! Good luck and thank you ssooo muchh for the websites xx
Im sure you'll do great! :biggrin:
Original post by tillu22
that's actually insane! One 7 in 12 years!! :O

This is incorrect. IBO awards level 7s every year, though only a handful receive this grade for ITGS.

You can check out the stats from each years examination session to see how many people were allocated each grade, here is the link to find the stats from the may 2015 session http://www.ibo.org/contentassets/bc850970f4e54b87828f83c7976a4db6/dp-2015-may-stats-bulletin.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending