The Student Room Group

Economics AND Business Studies

is it okay to study both economics and business studies a level in order to go on to university?
To be honest you should avoid, because of the massive overlap. Some universities even state that doing both will significantly reduce your chances of getting an offer. That being said however, I done both and gained offers from top universities such as Warwick & Nottingham. I have genuine interest in both subjects, and I didn't really care how other parties may view my preference.
Reply 2
Thank you, i too have interest in both subjects but be honest do you recommend me going through with doing both from your personal experiences?
Original post by Halz507
Thank you, i too have interest in both subjects but be honest do you recommend me going through with doing both from your personal experiences?

No, pick Economics, it contains both macro and micro units (business economics).

You can learn about business/finance in your own time if you wish, I could give you some resources if you are keen.
Reply 4
I currently study both at A2 I got 4/5 offers from Manchester, Newcastle, Reading and Bath(politics with economics) to study economics and politics. I would say a solid 98% of universities don't really care unless you want to go to LSE, Oxbridge and maybe two or three other universities it could be a drawback however most Russell Group Uni's don't really care as long as you get the grades to get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending