The Student Room Group

An Inspector Calls predictions??? 2016 English Lit

I'm doing my AIC exam on the 23rd and I'm not sure what character/theme will come up. I have a feeling it could be Responsibility/Sheila/Mrs Birling but is it safe to mainly just revise them?
Does anyone have any other ideas what it could be :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the WJEC English Literature paper 27th of May, last year on the same paper was a question about attitudes to women at the time and Mrs Birling, as well as an extract question on Gerald I think. I predict that there may be a question on the younger v the older generation, you could talk about that forever!!
Original post by darce_pll
I'm doing the WJEC English Literature paper 27th of May, last year on the same paper was a question about attitudes to women at the time and Mrs Birling, as well as an extract question on Gerald I think. I predict that there may be a question on the younger v the older generation, you could talk about that forever!!

Ahh okay, thank you, I'll do some practice on the generations amongst the rest :smile:
Reply 3
I think it could be Gerald/Sheila and possibly a question on age?

I wouldn't risk just revising those though, just in case:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Im doing IGCSE EDEXCEL, I think its going to be Mr Birling
Reply 5
i hope its the inspector bc thats the only thing i can write about
honestly, I dislike inspector calls so much :frown: OF MICE AND MEN is the best
Original post by darce_pll
honestly, I dislike inspector calls so much :frown: OF MICE AND MEN is the best

Same but I hate all the context we have to write about :frown:(
Reply 8
as far as i know i think its responsibility for the theme but idk character
Original post by gameofno
as far as i know i think its responsibility for the theme but idk character

I'm doing the exam on 23rd too, we are not allowed the book though.

I'm hoping its Sheila/Mr birling

Last year eric and the theme of social class came up
Reply 10
Original post by bikiniikilll
I'm doing the exam on 23rd too, we are not allowed the book though.

I'm hoping its Sheila/Mr birling

Last year eric and the theme of social class came up

WE'RE NOT EITHER LIKE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MEMORIZE 493929 QUOTATIONS. yeah idm sheila, birling or the inspector... i looked at the last yr paper though and eric & social class was so hard i wouldve failed lol.
Does anyone have the Jan 2016 paper?
WE'RE NOT EITHER LIKE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MEMORIZE 493929 QUOTATIONS. yeah idm sheila, birling or the inspector... i looked at the last yr paper though and eric & social class was so hard i wouldve failed lol.

We did that for the mock and ended up with a high D:/

I know how you feel ! i haven't started my inspector calls revision however i started of mice and men, what I did, I made a mind map for each theme e.g Dreams then i would find like very 2 important quotations for each character that represent the theme e.g when george says'' we will get a big vegetable patch...blah blah''. I would find lennie and george's dream quotes, crook, curley's wife and candy!

Just realised i forgot to include curley:/
Reply 13
We did that for the mock and ended up with a high D:/

I know how you feel ! i haven't started my inspector calls revision however i started of mice and men, what I did, I made a mind map for each theme e.g Dreams then i would find like very 2 important quotations for each character that represent the theme e.g when george says'' we will get a big vegetable patch...blah blah''. I would find lennie and george's dream quotes, crook, curley's wife and candy!

Just realised i forgot to include curley:/

omg i'm gonna do that for of mice and men thanks for the idea :') i need to re-read it oh god... im doing aic right now. i did flashcards for all the characters and im writing bullet points and essay ideas for the themes. im scared :frown:
omg i'm gonna do that for of mice and men thanks for the idea :':wink: i need to re-read it oh god... im doing aic right now. i did flashcards for all the characters and im writing bullet points and essay ideas for the themes. im scared :frown:

I chose literature for a levels. I love speaking about it but i need to practice doing exams structure! I'm really scared,I'm trying to aim for a B or A.

Flash cards seem useful, how do you pick 3 quotes for each character?since there are thousands

I just made a mindmap on steinbecks intentions
Reply 15
I chose literature for a levels. I love speaking about it but i need to practice doing exams structure! I'm really scared,I'm trying to aim for a B or A.

Flash cards seem useful, how do you pick 3 quotes for each character?since there are thousands

I just made a mindmap on steinbecks intentions

yeah im carrying on with eng lit too and im terrified :frown: i need an A* in the exam :'(
i did all the important quotes so i have a few flashcards per character
yeah im carrying on with eng lit too and im terrified :frown: i need an A* in the exam :'(
i did all the important quotes so i have a few flashcards per character

I'm mostly terrified for maths,trying not to though. It wont help,just keep staying positive ad keep telling your self you will get the A*.
I did this exam last year and I was absolutely convinced it was going to be Sheila... so maybe you will get Sheila, you lucky people :tongue:
Reply 18
I'm mostly terrified for maths,trying not to though. It wont help,just keep staying positive ad keep telling your self you will get the A*.

IM GOING TO FAIL MATHS PLS DONT EVEN OMGOMGOGM im going to pee myself.
IM GOING TO FAIL MATHS PLS DONT EVEN OMGOMGOGM im going to pee myself.

I'M DOING FOUNDATION MATHS AND CANNOT GET C.Its so hardddddd i dont understand how people manage it :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending