The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Another Q re gateway - will we be notified via email when/if our status changes to first interview or do we just need to keep checking the site? Thanks!
Most chambers do bulk invites/rejections. So if it is 'applied' it means nothing either way. It usually takes at least a month or so for them to look through applications (most Chambers mark each application by at least two people).

Some Chambers do email + gateway update. Others do just email, and gateway doesn't update. Sometimes gateway updates first, followed by email later, other times it's the other way around. There are really too many variables.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone from previous years know how many Chambers decide to hold interviews on a Saturday? I'm hoping to get a job over the summer to sustain me, but I don't know whether a Saturday job is a stupid idea.
Re: Saturday job

Some Chambers explicitly state when they hold interviews - and weekend interviews are not uncommon. Might be worth checking, or finding an understanding boss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
9 park place rejection via email and so it begins 😭
Richmond Chambers interviews are in.
Reply 1086
Has anyone else applied for the judicial assistant roles at the Court of Appeal? If so, has anyone heard anything?
Cornwall street interviews out :smile:
Original post by 901dL
Has anyone else applied for the judicial assistant roles at the Court of Appeal? If so, has anyone heard anything?

Not applied, but be interested to see details. Ad has gone now. Anything you can post or email me? Thanks.
Reply 1089
Original post by pjs736_student
Not applied, but be interested to see details. Ad has gone now. Anything you can post or email me? Thanks.

The deadline passed last week as far as I'm aware so you won't be able to apply now.
Original post by 901dL
The deadline passed last week as far as I'm aware so you won't be able to apply now.

Thanks for that - I did realise. But interested nonetheless to put on a list for next year...
Original post by pupillageseeker1
Cornwall street interviews out :smile:

Via email?
Original post by Bob boblaw
Via email?

yep
Anyone who has applied to 1kbw make sure you email for confirmation!! When I did they said they had lost a number of applications so double check you have confirmation! They have extended deadline to 25th may so plenty of time to check.
Original post by 901dL

I did, but haven't heard anything as of yet.
Has anyone heard about interviews for GDL/CPE scholarships at Gray's Inn?
Original post by pjs736_student

I received notification that I didn't make the interview list for JA, so good luck with yours fingers crossed you made it.
Hi All

Bit late checking in, I got a request for references for 9 gough square but not heard anything since my referrees told me. Has anyone received invitation for interviews?
Original post by LadyMerryBird
I received notification that I didn't make the interview list for JA, so good luck with yours fingers crossed you made it.

Was this in relation to the Supreme Court or the Court of Appeal? I heard from the Supreme Court yesterday but yet to hear anything from the Court of Appeal. Surely they can't have shortlisted so quickly?!
Original post by LadyMerryBird
Hi All

Bit late checking in, I got a request for references for 9 gough square but not heard anything since my referrees told me. Has anyone received invitation for interviews?

Hi there no nothing my end/I haven't heard of anyone who has received an invite. I believe the ref requests were automated through their online system as they went out the moment you submitted your form. Fingers crossed we hear soon. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending