The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for Cold environments and Energy 15 marker ?
Any predictions for desert questions?
Dont think rejuvenation will come up as last years 15 marker was about long and cross profile down a river which links to rejuvenation. So i think flooding will come up. What do you guys think will come up for
cold environments
population
energy for 15 marks?
Original post by Roshan123
Dont think rejuvenation will come up as last years 15 marker was about long and cross profile down a river which links to rejuvenation. So i think flooding will come up. What do you guys think will come up for
cold environments
population
energy for 15 marks?

I'm thinking there will definitely be a question on rejuvenation. I somewhat agree that flooding will come up as the 15 marker, but wouldn't rule out rejuvenation as although last years question could link to rejuvenational landforms, its was more about how the river profiles change downstream and not what landforms are created.
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
SO ? TIDES SPRING AND NEAP but i have not done youthful just ageing?

Yep, i'd possibly expect some shorter mark questions for them, as there isnt much to say on tides (don't hold me accountable though haha) and we've been taught about Uganda's youthful population, try out this slideshow if you need some help:
http://www.slideshare.net/stevenheath148/ageing-and-youthful-populations
Original post by ollie1024
I'm thinking there will definitely be a question on rejuvenation. I somewhat agree that flooding will come up as the 15 marker, but wouldn't rule out rejuvenation as although last years question could link to rejuvenational landforms, its was more about how the river profiles change downstream and not what landforms are created.

What would you say would come up as a 15marker? im not ruling out rejuvenation, its just i feel that it wont come up in the form of a 15 marker. maybe a 6-7 marker. I also would revise fluvioglacial for cold environments. that hasnt appeared in a while. What do you think will come up in the other units?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by remocarelli
there has been a rumour that there is a 6/10/15 mark question on rejuvenation of some sorts for rivers section. Triangular graphs are also supposed to be coming up on the skills paper too apparently!

everything i don't like!!
Reply 47
Will the one child policy still be relevant to use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simran G
Will the one child policy still be relevant to use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id say yes, but I have also been advised by my teacher to add in a sentence at the end of a paragraph just to say they now have a two-child policy.
Reply 49
does anyone think salt marshes/dunes will come up?
in relation to coasts and rivers what should i focus on the most?
Original post by Roshan123
What would you say would come up as a 15marker? im not ruling out rejuvenation, its just i feel that it wont come up in the form of a 15 marker. maybe a 6-7 marker. I also would revise fluvioglacial for cold environments. that hasnt appeared in a while. What do you think will come up in the other units?

I don't like guessing questions, just know that whatever mark question it comes up on, you have enough to write about. I don't study cold enviroments, and haven't looked over the other sections in previous exam papers, only coasts, population, health and rivers.
Reply 51
in this 15 marker - With reference to two case studies of countries at different stages of development, assess the success of attempts to manage population change.

Would China and France / UK be classed as countries at different stages of development?
Original post by tmifan
in this 15 marker - With reference to two case studies of countries at different stages of development, assess the success of attempts to manage population change.

Would China and France / UK be classed as countries at different stages of development?

yhyhyh UK MEDC, so is France China NIC different levels
Reply 53
Probably not, depositional landform was the 2014 15 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
!predictions for food supply pls
any energy predictions guys? something about geopolitics perhaps?
Original post by NeverGrowUp
Does anyone have any notes for energy? Struggling on that topic.:frown:

Me to any predictions?
Hi which case studies do we have to learn for health? There are so many, I'm just wondering whether we really have to learn that many!
Original post by slothgenius
Hi which case studies do we have to learn for health? There are so many, I'm just wondering whether we really have to learn that many!

For Health I've learnt:

HIV/AIDS -communicable
CHD - non communicable
Somalia Famine
TNC's: GSK and BAT
Contrasting health care systems: USA vs France.
Reply 59
Anyone have case studies for the Energy section? Have 2 days to learn about 20- need to cut them down And predictions for 15 mark question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending