The Student Room Group

Lesbian bff.....

So after being friends with her for 8 goddamn years(!!!!!) she decides to come out. Don't get me wrong, im not homophobic but i don't feel comfortable with my best friend being a lesbian. Im not starting to think she tried to hit on me at one point in life and i probably didnt even notice!!!

I'm so lost and so disappointed she couldnt tell me earlier - did she not trust me enough or something?? I feel like i cant asking her for 'boy advice' anymore as she will tell me not to date them because she is into me secretly........ Ive tried to hint to her that im not ok anymore being such close friends. ive avoided her in school and she did notice but didnt make the link....

Has anyone bean in such situation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So after being friends with her for 8 goddamn years(!!!!!) she decides to come out. Don't get me wrong, im not homophobic but i don't feel comfortable with my best friend being a lesbian. Im not starting to think she tried to hit on me at one point in life and i probably didnt even notice!!!

I'm so lost and so disappointed she couldnt tell me earlier - did she not trust me enough or something?? I feel like i cant asking her for 'boy advice' anymore as she will tell me not to date them because she is into me secretly........ Ive tried to hint to her that im not ok anymore being such close friends. ive avoided her in school and she did notice but didnt make the link....

It's not easy coming out, believe it or not. Don't treat her differently and neither assume she fancies you.
Doesn't sound like she deserves you as a friend...
Reply 2
You sound a little bit immature. What, are you 10 years old?

You need to get that big head out of your ass and realise that her being a lesbian doesn't equate to her having a crush on you necessarily. Also, even if she did like you in that way, she wouldn't take it any further than that. For example, you're more likely to get raped by your MALE friends so you really have nothing to complain about or be scared about.

And yes you're a bigot. Just because you don't wish death upon her, doesn't mean you're not a homophobe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ananaz
You sound a little bit immature. What, are you 10 years old?

You need to get that big head out of your ass and realise that her being a lesbian doesn't equate to her having a crush on you necessarily. Also, even if she did like you in that way - you're more likely to get raped by your MALE friends so you really have nothing to complain about.

And yes you're a bigot. Just because you don't wish death upon her, doesn't mean you're not a homophobe.

What does this have to do with rape?
Reply 4

Oh dear... now your whole post makes sense.
Original post by Jonathan Crane
It doesn't matter, when the Chinese invade and put us all to work her kind will be sent to the ovens anyways.

If your going to troll, atleast make it funny.
Reply 6
Original post by XOR_
What does this have to do with rape?

???

OP is worried her friend may hit on her and I'm saying that's the worst it can get.

I mean, I'm sure OP had male friends hitting on her. I really doubt she made the same drama though..
(edited 7 years ago)
Ive tried to hint to her that im not ok anymore being such close friends. ive avoided her in school and she did notice but didnt make the link....

Lol no wonder she didn't come out earlier.
I really hope everything gets better, hopefully she'll find less judgemental friends
Original post by XOR_
If your going to troll, atleast make it funny.

That's the kind of criticism I just can't take from somebody with a Rick Sanchez picture as their icon.
Original post by Ananaz
???

OP is worried her friend may hit on her and I'm saying that's the worst it can get.

I see hitting on someone and raping as being wiiiideeeely different.
(edited 7 years ago)
Get a grip, just because she's lesbian doesn't mean she'll hit on you just like you're straight but don't hit on every guy, do you? One of my best friends is gay and it's never been a problem, hitting on your friends who you know aren't attracted to you is more likely to cause the friendship to crumble.
Don't get me wrong, im not homophobic but i don't feel comfortable with my best friend being a lesbian.

Sounds like the dictionary definition of homophobia to me. :erm:
I feel like i cant asking her for 'boy advice' anymore as she will tell me not to date them because she is into me secretly.

That is very presumptuous - I'm not sure how true that would be.

I'm not sure you have the full picture here - she may have only discoevered recently that her sexuality was different, or that it was difficult to come out earlier because of reasons x y z. I think you're being a bit too harsh/difficult.
Tbh you sound egotistical
Just because someone is a Lesbian doesn't mean that they want to **** every girl they see, just as straight girls aren't in to every boy.
I go to an all girls and have loads of girls that i am friends with and don't fancy the majority of them
lesbians can be friends with girls just as straight girls can be friends with boys
don't make her coming out any harder than it already is
Original post by XOR_

Im worried she will take it further.

And im not a homophobe.

Wtf firstly how can you assume shes into you, and secondly you mustve had a pretty **** and shallow friendship if youre willing to cut it off because shes gay. Literally who gives a ****, youre not gonna be the one ****ing her at night are you
@ivybridge im sorry but i feel you need to read this:rofl::rofl:
Reply 17
Original post by XOR_

Again, people who complain about being hit on tend to think it's going to advance in one way or another.
i know lesbians in my all girls school, they dont crush on every single person you know, they have their own grilfriends and crazily they still have straight best friends who are supporting them

you say she could've said earlier, well people dont really feel they are homosexual till later in their life, so its a bit selfish

if youre not homophobic, then you should accept her as your best friend, she knows you're straight, doubt she would try to hit on you, and dating girls is not different to dating boys, she'll still give you advice...
Im worried she will take it further.

And im not a homophobe.

Sorry but your OP suggests otherwise. If you are not even accepting her sexuality then it is homophobic because you are offended that she is lesbian and you are scared that she will fancy you. Chances are, she doesn't fancy a homophobic, "supposed" friend like you. If she takes it further, just say no but most people wouldn't fancy their friends like that, friendships change if that occurs.

Quick Reply