The Student Room Group

Muslim girls future lifestyle

Scroll to see replies

Dont be an effing bum... work so people can claim you're taking their jobs!
Reply 41
Asalam Alekum little sister.

Well since you got good responses, I do not have much to say.

To be straight forward with you I strongly advice you to finish your studies. And May Allah make it easy for you.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
How does a Muslim man earn money then? How do we also keep segregation a thing then (e.g. if a woman wants to see a female G.P?)

I was speaking about females specifically but the same can be said for males (there are rules which both genders should follow). A Muslim man earns money by working (?) Plenty of GPs around, she can ask for a female GP at reception and if there isn't one there isn't a problem with seeing a male Dr. It is permissible.
Original post by Leukocyte
I was speaking about females specifically but the same can be said for males (there are rules which both genders should follow). A Muslim man earns money by working (?) Plenty of GPs around, she can ask for a female GP at reception and if there isn't one there isn't a problem with seeing a male Dr. It is permissible.

So if it applies to both genders, why were you talking about males specifically? So in your opinion, there should be no Muslim women who are doctors, teachers, accountants etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aah, well it is a choice! You can work or just look after the kids...family. Personally i hate the idea of being dependant, I'd like to work instead of depending on my husband. Make sure you concentrate on education before thinking about these things! You are only 18!
Original post by s_ahmed2
Men have certain rights and women have certain rights. They are different for both men and women. However marriage is all about comprimise and the more comprimise there is the better.

Are you asking about why I personally would not want my wife not to work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.. Tbh the cost of living in the city is increasing anyways so I'd like to be able to help pay towards a mortgage/costs instead of having all the worry on one persons head.
So if it applies to both genders, why were you talking about males specifically? So in your opinion, there should be no Muslim women who are doctors, teachers, accountants etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was discussing with DanteTheDoorKnob about why it isn't necessary for a female to work. And no.
Won't you get bored at home? :redface:
Soooo you want a typical Muslim womans life. In Islam the wife is meant to stay at home, or is preferred to stay at home, No you aren't abnormal you are perfectly fine/
Reply 49
You sound exactly like me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah.. Tbh the cost of living in the city is increasing anyways so I'd like to be able to help pay towards a mortgage/costs instead of having all the worry on one persons head.

I would prefer I take care of all the financial needs, but I don't know what will happen in the future so things may change.

The reason I would want her to stay home is because of the upbringing of the children, they say the mother is the first school so I would want her to be a good role model for them and spend time with them. Before children if she wants to work then I wouldn't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
TBF if the husband did not want her to work then she'd have to respect his view.

In Islam you can't work in a mixed environment.

We live in the 21st century now, you know.
Reply 52
Original post by Anonymous
I'd rather just go uni and then not work, only being educated as a back up like if I really need to work one day.

You're seriously deluded if you think that a uni degree is going to guarantee you a work at whichever point of your life.

An employer is not going to hire you because you got a degree and then didn't work for more than a decade.

If your plan is to become a housewife, studying is useless; you'll only get debts that you won't be able to repay.
Original post by Josb
We live in the 21st century now, you know.

I know, thanks though. What's amazing about Islam is that it's teachings are fully compatible in every age and era
Reply 54
I know, thanks though. What's amazing about Islam is that it's teachings are fully compatible in every age and era

:lol:
Meehhhh its your choice but good luck finding a husband who doesn't mind that. If a gal wanted to do that, I'd think twice before marrying her tbh... It appears to be laziness to me. :/
Original post by Someboady
Meehhhh its your choice but good luck finding a husband who doesn't mind that. If a gal wanted to do that, I'd think twice before marrying her tbh... It appears to be laziness to me. :/

You think being a housewife is easy? It's much more work than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's amazing is that you cherry pick who you quote and attribute it to something which represents something completely different. It's like me talking about good looking people and then having a picture of your ugly mug up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
You think being a housewife is easy? It's much more work than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh trust me I'm aware of the responsibilities of being a housewife. But if the man can't raise enough money to fund a family I would EXPECT the wife to do a part in helping raise money i.e. by getting a job. If the wife is more qualified and is capable of earning more money than the man, then the man can become the "housewife". There has to be flexibility in marriage.
Reply 59
What's amazing is that you cherry pick who you quote and attribute it to something which represents something completely different. It's like me talking about good looking people and then having a picture of your ugly mug up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending