Does anybody else worry about how they look when they're walking about? Watch

Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I must admit I do struggle with anxiety, but it's not the crippling sort.

Whenever I'm walking about I get worried I look goofy, so sometimes I'll slow down when I feel like I'm walking too fast and other times I'll check whether my bag is open or not...

Is this something that happens to you too?
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm way past that tbh lol, I know I don't look good anyway and if people are going to judge me, let them, it's up to them what they do with their day, I still have things to do so I just go out and walk confidently and do what I need to do without worrying, chances are they aren't even bothered
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sameee, i always have to go by a window and check my reflection subtly of course. then when i go home and realise that my final look isnt really that bad so im like kool
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i sometimes think im walking really camp but seldom.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The thought crosses my mind a quite bit but then I tend to go "egh ****in whatever".
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do this. Sometimes I can't help but keep my head down when I walk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welkom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Buy an expensive piece of clothing that looks fire, works every time.
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blondie987)
I'm way past that tbh lol, I know I don't look good anyway and if people are going to judge me, let them, it's up to them what they do with their day, I still have things to do so I just go out and walk confidently and do what I need to do without worrying, chances are they aren't even bothered

Of course people are not bothered, I mean they have other things to worry about.
Unless you're a celebrity.
Someboady
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be weird not to :/ When I do get self conscious I find that I add a spring to my step... Eventually this turns to "bouncing"
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I always make sure I look good so that I don't have to worry. :perv:
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not really. I'm trying to develop a different "natural" resting face though, so have been conscious of that.
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I get paranoid i am flying low... then i get paranoid that it looks like im fondling my junk
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I occasionally fear people judge me but I already know I'm unattractive so I don't tend to regularly worry about it. I assume they don't think much of me and live my life fine.

I tend to worry about things I have fragile confidence about like my intelligence.
EricPiphany
Badges: 15
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
I get paranoid i am flying low... then i get paranoid that it looks like im fondling my junk
LOLOL I check my zipper the whole time.
Victoria Jolee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)

Whenever I'm walking about I get worried I look goofy, so sometimes I'll slow down when I feel like I'm walking too fast and other times I'll check whether my bag is open or not...

Do not worry I feel this way too maybe a lot more than what you described. I am nervous when it comes to walking around. ill check if my shoes are tied, my hair is neat, am i walking normally, if i'd dropped something etc even more in my school uniform cause its a skirt.
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)

(Original post by ihatePE)
sameee, i always have to go by a window and check my reflection subtly of course. then when i go home and realise that my final look isnt really that bad so im like kool
(Original post by Changing Skies)
I do this. Sometimes I can't help but keep my head down when I walk

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by Someboady)
It would be weird not to :/ When I do get self conscious I find that I add a spring to my step... Eventually this turns to "bouncing"
(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
I occasionally fear people judge me but I already know I'm unattractive so I don't tend to regularly worry about it. I assume they don't think much of me and live my life fine.

I tend to worry about things I have fragile confidence about like my intelligence.

DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope, I always look fabulous.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I more worry about how I sound when I wall past people rather than how I look. I always worry that I breathe too heavily or loud and that'll make me sound like an idiot or a creep or I may make some random noise like a snort by accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (195)
71.17%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.52%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.31%

Watched Threads