The Student Room Group

Only a chump would buy an engagement ring with a "real" diamond.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlphaSteel
you dont know what it means.

the meaning has evolved since it has become a widely used term on the internet.

So what does it mean?
Original post by unprinted
Erm, if you look I'm not the one buying man-made diamonds. I'm not buying any sort of diamond.

Then why even bother talking.
Original post by Indeterminate
Umm I'd rather not say :ninja:

LOL by the time you marry that ring will be outdated oh my god....

Men.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Except the kit car is actually worse than the real ferrari.

Original post by xobeauty
But it's the same exact thing but I'm assuming because it's less labour to get in a lab that's why it's cheaper?

The point is someone who cannot afford goes for the cheap version.

If you were to spend that money on a lady I think she would prefer knowing that it's real and not a replica for those who can't afford the real-deal. And if you didn't tell her then you will always have that guilt in your head. Plus if you got mugged because someone saw it, that's bad. Real diamond could get mugged just as easily but you automatically become a target so no point risking it if it's not even real.

It's the same thing on the cover but when you use it you see the difference. I am sure someone would notice the difference. It may be small but probably noticeable.

The kit car isn't necessarily worst. Depends what you mean. But it goes back to the principle that you can't really clone exactly a Ferrari for cheaper. In the same way you cannot clone a diamond for cheaper because you would notice and it won't be 'as good'.

Just my opinion though. If I was going to spend money I wouldn't bother wasting it on a fake. I would work harder to get the real thing :smile:
Original post by Serine Soul
That'a so adorable

:h:

I spotted it when someone much older was doing engagement ring shopping earlier this year. Apparently they're hard to find when the time comes so I snapped it up :biggrin:
:h:

I spotted it when someone much older was doing engagement ring shopping earlier this year. Apparently they're hard to find when the time comes so I snapped it up :biggrin:

Lol, well prepared :tongue:

Men.

Imagine it's decayed to graphite and rust!

@Indeterminate just kidding :tongue:
As long as it's Tiffany's, I don't really care if the diamond is fake or real

Men.

Original post by Serine Soul
Imagine it's decayed to graphite and rust!

Spoiler

Haha do simple diamond solitaires ever get outdated? :curious:

Plus it's only a matter of a few years (hopefully) :biggrin:
Haha do simple diamond solitaires ever get outdated? :curious:

Plus it's only a matter of a few years (hopefully) :biggrin:

Smart guy, solitaires are classics and never outdate you know what you're doing.
Original post by .Jeff548
The kit car isn't necessarily worst. Depends what you mean. But it goes back to the principle that you can't really clone exactly a Ferrari for cheaper. In the same way you cannot clone a diamond for cheaper because you would notice and it won't be 'as good'.

Didn't you read my initial post? Modern lab diamonds are actually very slightly better made than naturally occurring ones these days. And they look EXACTLY the same.
Didn't you read my initial post? Modern lab diamonds are actually very slightly better made than naturally occurring ones these days. And they look EXACTLY the same.

Yeah but again, it's the sense that it has been made by someone in a lab coat and not nature's beauty. Having naturally occurring ones allows you to feel the history they have too.

Whereas the lab ones are just made by someone. Like chickens nowadays are injected with growth hormones so we don't really eat proper meat. Despite the possible harms, it shows that the chicken has been made this way purposely. I would prefer a normal chicken.

Same way I prefer a normal diamond as it shows that you are successful enough to afford it and the lady who you would give it to would really see how much you care. I doubt she would feel the same if you told her it was from a lab but was cheaper and arguably 'better'

:colonhash:
Yeah but again, it's the sense that it has been made by someone in a lab coat and not nature's beauty. Having naturally occurring ones allows you to feel the history they have too.

Whereas the lab ones are just made by someone. Like chickens nowadays are injected with growth hormones so we don't really eat proper meat. Despite the possible harms, it shows that the chicken has been made this way purposely. I would prefer a normal chicken.

Same way I prefer a normal diamond as it shows that you are successful enough to afford it and the lady who you would give it to would really see how much you care. I doubt she would feel the same if you told her it was from a lab but was cheaper and arguably 'better'

:colonhash:

Yeah I am...

It's like asking why some people would rather have a 1960 Ford Mustang than a 2000 Ford Mustang? Because the one from 1960 has heritage and shows that after so many years, that pride and honour remains part of the car. It's the same here. It's pretty simple. People who cannot afford go for the cheap version. People who can afford go for the real version. People who can't afford a 911 buy a boxster. People who can, buy the 911. It's simple.

People who disagree are the jealous ones and there is no nice way of putting that.
Reply 94

:rofl: Would rep if I could lolol
Reply 95
Having naturally occurring ones allows you to feel the history they have too.
We don't really eat proper meat.. I would prefer a normal chicken.
The lady who you would give it to would really see how much you care. I doubt she would feel the same if you told her it was from a lab but was cheaper and arguably 'better'

:hahaha:
You high?
Reply 96

It's like asking why some people would rather have a 1960 Ford Mustang than a 2000 Ford Mustang?

Because:
A. Some people like the retro look.
B. It's nostalgic and reminds people of their childhoods.
C. Some people like being more in control, they don't feel comfortable with too much computer input in modern cars (for some strange reason)
D. It's cheaper
Original post by jaz,
:hahaha:
You high?

Quick Reply

Latest