The Student Room Group

Woke up to 3am gunshots

So I don't think my area is safe anymore, woke up to gunshots and loads of guys shouting and 10 minutes later a lot of blue lights and helicopter.

Later the morning hear that one was dead and 2 fighting for life. (Early 20s)

What I don't understand is why there is a lack of police presence in the area in general and why they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I see people dealing class A drugs in broad daylight in the high street and cars being vandalised etc

What I also do not understand is why there is no media coverage about it at all, like something is being covered up.

Can someone enlighten me, by the way this happened in East London leyton for any of you wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Thanks for sharing.
I will stay away from Leyton
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
Thanks for sharing.
I will stay away from Leyton

Wanstead as well, double shooting on Thursday....
Could be dangerous for police. Cuts to services. If I was being cynical maybe some of the police have an interest in keeping it that way?
it was not like that when Ronnie & Reggie were in charge. Real gents they were.
The reality of the situation is that crime is everywhere, it just rarely surfaces into public eye. As mentioned by @DanteTheDoorKnob the police can't afford to be patrolling randomly in "hot spots" they are much more focused on intelligence and public emergency calls.

As for drugs and guns, you think they are hard to get in the uk? If you know the right people then its as simple as a phone call and a 10 minuet walk with pocket of cash.

In fact you can get drugs and guns delivered to your door by royal mail faster than amazon can ship you the hard back version of 50 shades of gray.

But also unless your in a gang or walking around with a Rolex, you will be fine.
Original post by Anonymous
The reality of the situation is that crime is everywhere, it just rarely surfaces into public eye. As mentioned by @DanteTheDoorKnob the police can't afford to be patrolling randomly in "hot spots" they are much more focused on intelligence and public emergency calls.

As for drugs and guns, you think they are hard to get in the uk? If you know the right people then its as simple as a phone call and a 10 minuet walk with pocket of cash.

In fact you can get drugs and guns delivered to your door by royal mail faster than amazon can ship you the hard back version of 50 shades of gray.

But also unless your in a gang or walking around with a Rolex, you will be fine.

How do you know this might I ask?
Original post by Abdi112
So I don't think my area is safe anymore, woke up to gunshots and loads of guys shouting and 10 minutes later a lot of blue lights and helicopter.

Later the morning hear that one was dead and 2 fighting for life. (Early 20s)

What I don't understand is why there is a lack of police presence in the area in general and why they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I see people dealing class A drugs in broad daylight in the high street and cars being vandalised etc

What I also do not understand is why there is no media coverage about it at all, like something is being covered up.

Can someone enlighten me, by the way this happened in East London leyton for any of you wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

move :nope:
Reply 8
Original post by Northernlassie
move :nope:

Easier said than done, house I live in is mine. Lived there for 16+ years

Yup of course they are focused more on intelligence that I can get by simply asking my next door neighbours college kid, and of course they cant be afford to be patrolling in these hotspots because they are scared and would rather spend their time by drafting in 200 riot police against a bunch of drunken west ham supporters against a united game. Priorities done right
If you know the right people

Depends who your friends with, who you work with and who you grow up with. Its an ecosystem that is hard to see but easy to fall into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending