The Student Room Group

AQA B1 Exam

Does anyone have any revision tips? I feel like I know everything for B1 but I just want to make sure :smile:
past paper after past paper!
Reply 2
Original post by gwelsh
Does anyone have any revision tips? I feel like I know everything for B1 but I just want to make sure :smile:

I've found that I know all the content, I just lose marks on those questions about data handling. So after doing many past papers and mark schemes I've learnt:
- when describing a trend always qualify the pattern (ie - at first the x increased rapidly and after 'value', the rate becomes slower).Definitely get as much past paper practice in as you can though.

Reply 3
Original post by MBK14
I've found that I know all the content, I just lose marks on those questions about data handling. So after doing many past papers and mark schemes I've learnt:
- when describing a trend always qualify the pattern (ie - at first the x increased rapidly and after 'value', the rate becomes slower).Definitely get as much past paper practice in as you can though.

That's really helpful, thanks :smile: I think that I've covered all of the past papers and content, I just need to have a read through my revision guide tomorrow morning. Do you know how strict marking is for the type of language that you use whilst answering 1-2 mark questions?
Same I think the 6 markers might be on wither the carbon cycle, drug trials or GM
or bacteria resistance bc that hasnt come up
Reply 6
Original post by gwelsh
That's really helpful, thanks :smile: I think that I've covered all of the past papers and content, I just need to have a read through my revision guide tomorrow morning. Do you know how strict marking is for the type of language that you use whilst answering 1-2 mark questions?

As long as the words you use have the same meaning as that on the mark scheme you should get the marks unless the word is underlined on the mark scheme - this means it must be in the answer at some point to obtain the mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gwelsh

As many past papers as you can....

Quick Reply

Latest