The Student Room Group

I did 9 HOURS REVISION TODAY!

Scroll to see replies

And here I am in a2 doing 3 hours a day. Ok.
I did like 10 hours total at GCSE and you're doing 9 hours a day. That's cool.
I did 4 hours a day for GCSEs (during the holidays and study breaks) and 2 hours a day during school (excluding revision at school during lessons).

I do the same for AS because I just physically can't cram in 9 hours of revision without dying. I did about 6 one day but that was a miracle of a day.
I usually wake up at 9am and revise all the way till midnight (with regular breaks of course) - I'm doing Scottish Highers btw :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
Hehe that isn't important, delete the game!!!!! :u:

Hey do you have exams for B1 and RE too? What about that?
Reply 44
Original post by Username3097486
Hey do you have exams for B1 and RE too? What about that?

B1 yeah not RE. :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
B1 yeah not RE. :smile:

have you revised for B1 yet
Reply 46
Original post by Username3097486
have you revised for B1 yet

Well yeah kind of, did a past paper though got a grade B!
Reply 47
Original post by _Xenon_
A lot of people think that the best way to revise is like this:

Revision Guide > Note-taking > Exam Paper > Review/solutions

The first two are where 80% of your time and effort is being wasted.

Most people start from the front and go that way and won't move on to past paper until they've 'learned' all of the content.

That's so inefficient and time wasting because when you learn something and then check again after a couple of hours if you can remember exactly what you had noted down chances are you'd forget most of it, only when you go over it several times will it stick in your head.

Most of your results actually come from the last step! Review/mark scheme and people spend least amount of time here...

REVIEWING papers as you go along is most important. See where and why you're going wrong and don't make those mistakes again.

UNDERSTAND the mark scheme as that's what examiners use ...

For most effective revision now here is the secret:

Exam Paper > Review/mark scheme > Revision Guide > Note-taking

Start an exam question and work backwards... :smile:

Try this if your really desperate @redddddd :smile:
Thanks X)enon, I'm doing scottish adavanced highers havent revised as much as last year but pastpapers are my life. However, I sucuub to procrastination easily and sometimes I feel tired or feel like I cant revise, and sit there for hours!
Reply 48
Original post by st nick
Try this if your really desperate @redddddd :smile:
Thanks X)enon, I'm doing scottish adavanced highers havent revised as much as last year but pastpapers are my life. However, I sucuub to procrastination easily and sometimes I feel tired or feel like I cant revise, and sit there for hours!

No problem! Try it yourself, test yourself first then do the other steps. :smile:

Good luck:smile::smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
Hehe that isn't important, delete the game!!!!! :u:

Never fear, my progress is saved to my Facebook account. You will never delete it permanently!
Reply 50
Original post by Platopus
Never fear, my progress is saved to my Facebook account. You will never delete it permanently!

Hahahahah 😂😄
Original post by _Xenon_
A lot of people think that the best way to revise is like this:

Revision Guide > Note-taking > Exam Paper > Review/solutions

The first two are where 80% of your time and effort is being wasted.

Most people start from the front and go that way and won't move on to past paper until they've 'learned' all of the content.

That's so inefficient and time wasting because when you learn something and then check again after a couple of hours if you can remember exactly what you had noted down chances are you'd forget most of it, only when you go over it several times will it stick in your head.

Most of your results actually come from the last step! Review/mark scheme and people spend least amount of time here...

REVIEWING papers as you go along is most important. See where and why you're going wrong and don't make those mistakes again.

UNDERSTAND the mark scheme as that's what examiners use ...

For most effective revision now here is the secret:

Exam Paper > Review/mark scheme > Revision Guide > Note-taking

Start an exam question and work backwards... :smile:

Absolutely amazing thank you! :biggrin:
I did 5 hours today... Going to do 5 to 7 more tomorrow :s-smilie:
Quality not quantity.

Did anything actually go in your head in the 9 hours or were you just writing aimlessly for 9 hours?
I organised my revision but didn't directly do any revising at all despite making plans to do so, so it looks like I will be doing double tomorrow, which is fine because I have no plans anyway.
Reply 55
Original post by Kyle1198
Quality not quantity.

Did anything actually go in your head in the 9 hours or were you just writing aimlessly for 9 hours?

I'M NOT STUPID MAN OF COURSE I REMEMBER EVERYTHING, IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE IT WAS EFFECTIVE Revision!!!
Reply 56
Original post by ForestShadow
Absolutely amazing thank you! :biggrin:

No problem, were you going wrong there??
Original post by David B
How do you feel about the upcoming exam?

I should get 100 UMS.
Original post by ForestShadow
damnnn, you got many exams?make Sunday productive then!

Yeah planning on revising all day today, my eyes are still bloodshot from yesterday though. Don't ask why lol.

I have 6 maths exams, 2 biology and 2 economics (A2)
Not the worst but some of my friends only have 4 A2 exams.
Reply 59
Guys I'm procrastinating today!!! Bye I need to log off and revise now for 9 hrs :tongue:

Cheers,
Xenon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending