The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studyranger
I think if you type in national 5 chemistry practice papers a website called STEM or motion something will come up and they have old Int2 and SG papers relevant to each unit in the Nat 5 course

Thanks, that's helpful. :smile:
Do we need to know what crackling is ?
Original post by Ethan100

Yeah, of course, and know the catalyst used in cracking..
Original post by Lewis H01
Yeah, of course, and know the catalyst used in cracking..

What the hell is crackling ? I was never taught that ? What unit is it in ? I just came up on a question that talked about crackling.
Cracking is like monomers which make polymers and that sort of thing, but I wouldn't say you need to know the catalyst.
I'm so confused...
I thought cracking was national 4
National 4 ... hhahaha
Can someone explain in simple terms what Crackling is and what I need to know for National 5 ?
Does anyone know were I can find whats included in the Nat 5 Chemistry course so i can make sure that I know what I need to look at ?
Reply 49

Original post by ___Sophie___
I thought cracking was national 4

National 4 ... hhahaha
Can someone explain in simple terms what Crackling is and what I need to know for National 5 ?

It is national 4.

It's got something to do with Hydrocarbons and fractional distillation or something lol
Reply 50
Does anyone know were I can find whats included in the Nat 5 Chemistry course so i can make sure that I know what I need to look at ?

http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/CfE_CourseUnitSupportNotes_N5_Sciences_Chemistry.pdf

Here ^

It says nothing about cracking

This sqa document tells you
http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/CfE_CourseUnitSupportNotes_N5_Sciences_Chemistry.pdf
Wait so if it's not in the specifications why do I need to know it ?
Wait so if it's not in the specifications why do I need to know it ?

I'm pretty sure you don't..
Our teacher said it was N4
I'm pretty sure you don't..
Our teacher said it was N4

But if it's Nat 4 surely we need to know it ? Hmm

Thanks very much Sophie :smile:
But if it's Nat 4 surely we need to know it ? Hmm

Thanks very much Sophie :smile:

I thought we only had to know the things in the sqa course notes document :s-smilie: I don't know
I thought we only had to know the things in the sqa course notes document :s-smilie: I don't know

If it does come up and it's not in the course notes document... WE CAN PETITION :biggrin:
If it does come up and it's not in the course notes document... WE CAN PETITION :biggrin:

Indeed we can :biggrin:
Lol, I'm pretty sure I've seen questions on cracking in the intermediate 2 past papers..

Do you mean Cat. Cracking?

Quick Reply

Latest