The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2016

The TSR Eurovision vote 2016!

Has it been a whole year already? Well actually not quite, because the contest is two weeks early this year. Still, the time has come, so can we predict the winner? Let's find out. :lockstock:

All the scores will show at the top of this very thread page, updated in real-time throughout the night. If you're joining us from the TSR App, then you'll need to view Nul Points in a separate page instead.

The grand final will broadcast on Saturday night, 8:00 PM on BBC One. :thrasher:

* A TV Licence is required to watch BBC live broadcasts

How it works

To vote, just wait until the box at the top says "Vote now!" next to a country, then post in this thread with a rating out of ten, e.g. That was fantastic! 8/10. You don't need to say which country you're voting for, just make sure to vote at the correct time.

Voting for each song opens 30 seconds after it starts, and lasts up until the beginning of the next song. One vote per user per song (we're checking!).

Votes are also counted via Twitter. Using the same format and hashtag #eurovision, your vote will be counted alongside votes from TSR.

The best way to make sure your vote counts is post just after the song finishes. Include whatever praise or scorn you wish, but make sure you only vote once! :smile:

What are the "Rating" and "Controversy" scores?

Rating is the average of all users' scores, with some clever maths to make it a bit clearer how the songs rank. Controversy is the standard deviation of user scores, which means the more divided opinion is on a song, the higher the controversy rating is.

Can this predict the result?

We take no responsibility for any failed wagers, disappointed patriots or broken egos as a result of using this data. It's the Internet! :wink:

It's not working! Help?

Don't panic, first just try reloading the page. And remember, it might take a little while for votes to be counted up, so be patient! You can also use the "view map" button to get the full list appearing in a separate window, if you need to.

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yay 😊😊 my fav time of year!
1hr left 😊😊
Reply 4
I think at this moment in time, this would be appropriate:

Original post by Dez
I think at this moment in time, this would be appropriate:

haha Dez that's amazing and considering Europe are from Sweden it's extra appropriate!!😂😂😂
Reply 6
Here we go. :biggrin:
been a year and måns still has the same clothes on 😂😂
Reply 8
Oh well that was a bit prescient of me :eek:
Was that a coincidence?
Omg dez predicted the Europe thing 😂😂
Reply 11
Voting is open for 2016 :woo:
Reply 12
5/10 a little boring IMO.
Finland 5/10 its alright, very 70s disco 😊
Brap brap brap!
Reply 15
6/10 from me. Music's not bad, outfits look like they came off the clearance shelf in Primark though.
Upbeat and fun, great start to the show.

9/10
Greece 3/10 the hybridisation isn't working for me 😂
Reply 18
4/10 confusing lyrics and lack of a consistent rhythm.
Much much stronger vocal performance than that Finnish girl, I don't really feel the song though.

4/10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending