The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
But feminism brah. :frown:

I'm a feminist who hates hairy legs. Come at me. It's not that I find it unfeminine and see that as an issue, I just think it's a thing of upkeep and looking after yourself. I also have a slightly irrational fear of body hair.

I love it when I've epilated and moiaturised my legs and they're so smoooooth. When you wear pyjama bottoms to bed and the feel of rhe duvet on ur legs tho :coma:
omg
Original post by Zargabaath
Why is it a shame? Is it too much to expect a partner who grooms themselves?
It's also pretty obvious by your poll most people don't care

Dude shaving like every 2-3 days takes effort lol. Waxing is a pain. Men can walk around with hairy legs and I don't mind.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I'm a feminist who hates hairy legs. Come at me. It's not that I find it unfeminine and see that as an issue, I just think it's a thing of upkeep and looking after yourself.

Fair enough.

I also have a slightly irrational fear of body hair.

LOL. Then I'm your worst nightmare come true - I'm covered with fur. :toofunny:

I love it when I've epilated and moiaturised my legs and they're so smoooooth. When you wear pyjama bottoms to bed and the feel of rhe duvet on ur legs tho :coma:

I should probably try it sometime. :sogood:

I actually think it's not even that bad.
I don't care one way or another.

:top:
Original post by geniequeen48
Dude shaving like every 2-3 days takes effort lol. Waxing is a pain. Men can walk around with hairy legs and I don't mind.

then don't do it, but you don't have any right to get butthurt at guys not finding it attractive
i'd love to just never shave my beard, but i know i look like a scruffy ISIS member and i'm not naive or entitled enough to expect people to look past it
then don't do it, but you don't have any right to get butthurt at guys not finding it attractive
i'd love to just never shave my beard, but i know i look like a scruffy ISIS member and i'm not naive or entitled enough to expect people to look past it

Nah I'll continue doing it (shaving/waxing the legs) for my own good, cos it feels nice and looks nice to me, but for example in the winter I don't bother. But I'm just speaking for girls who are naturally really hairy who may find it difficult to cope. Jheeze man.
Nah I'll continue doing it (shaving/waxing the legs) for my own good, cos it feels nice and looks nice to me, but for example in the winter I don't bother. But I'm just speaking for girls who are naturally really hairy who may find it difficult to cope. Jheeze man.

They don't have to do it either :dontknow:
I just think it's incredibly unfair how men get demonised for having preferences or for finding things that require effort attractive
They don't have to do it either :dontknow:
I just think it's incredibly unfair how men get demonised for having preferences or for finding things that require effort attractive

Well I'm sorry that my post did that as that wasn't my intention. I was just curious. I'm actually really surprise of how quite a few actually don't care!
It depends how hairy.
No no no no no no no... no, a million times no.... no.
I'm a feminist who hates hairy legs. Come at me. It's not that I find it unfeminine and see that as an issue, I just think it's a thing of upkeep and looking after yourself. I also have a slightly irrational fear of body hair.

Stroking silky smooth legs is just :coma:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Stroking silky smooth legs is just :coma:

Tbh I sneakily stroke my legs all the time :hide:

My friends and I stroke each other's legs too :moon:

Love a smooth leg.
My friends and I stroke each other's legs too

:sexface:
Don't really care, but I don't like underarm hair on women and men.
I'm fair, so even if I don't shave for a bit, it's not noticeable.
What kind of leg hair are we talking about?

X I actually think it's not even that bad.
F*ck! those legs are as hairy as mine.

< This is the extent to which hair on legs doesn't bother me.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm a feminist who hates hairy legs. Come at me. It's not that I find it unfeminine and see that as an issue, I just think it's a thing of upkeep and looking after yourself. I also have a slightly irrational fear of body hair.I love it when I've epilated and moiaturised my legs and they're so smoooooth. When you wear pyjama bottoms to bed and the feel of rhe duvet on ur legs tho

Where do you think your 'irrational fear' comes from though?...and your view that hairlessness is such a crucial part of 'upkeep and looking after yourself'? If you think your aversion to body hair is founded entirely individually, I don't think you're right...
(edited 7 years ago)

I actually think it's not even that bad.

Is that supposed to be a joke? That is so hairy! It looks like a man wearing a skirt, and I don't understand how she has hair growing on her thighs?! :s-smilie: I also have light skin and dark hair, but I sometimes don't bother shaving in winter for a while because I only have a small amount of very fine hair on my lower legs. I think that's OK and I've never had any complaints from boyfriends.

Latest