The Student Room Group

The European/World Football Thread III

Scroll to see replies

Fitting tribute for Malanda.
Bump.

Place to discuss Scotland, MLS, Portugal, Netherlands, France, South America etc.
Ligue 1 is ridiculous, might as well hand PSG the title now
Original post by shawn_o1
Ligue 1 is ridiculous, might as well hand PSG the title now

Before Christmas, the second-placed team was closer to the bottom spot than they were to PSG. Unsure if that's still the case.
Well that was a surrender by Lyons against Lille the other night, two men sent off as well.
At most, PSG need 10 more points (realistically 9 since their GD is +54 whereas Monaco's is +10) from the remaining 11 games to wrap up the title. And that's assuming Monaco win all their remaining games.

Could all be wrapped up in a couple of weeks.. crazy to win the title with like 8+ games still to play.
Second-placed Monaco are still closer to the relegation spots than they are to PSG.
PSG finally lose in the domestic league. They lost 2-1 to Lyon.
Original post by Zerforax
PSG finally lose in the domestic league. They lost 2-1 to Lyon.

If they hadn't lost, they could have wrapped up the title next weekend. The first weekend in March.
Watching quite a match here in the MLS between Toronto and Vancouver Whitecaps, it's 4-2 to Vancouver.
Original post by Rock Fan
Watching quite a match here in the MLS between Toronto and Vancouver Whitecaps, it's 4-2 to Vancouver.

Decent game, to be honest. Horrid penalty miss from Altidore.

I watch a fair bit of MLS. Giovinco is wasted in that league.
So PSG stopped the game at the ten-minute mark for a minute's applause for Zlatan and they've announced they will rename a stand after him as well. I know he's been their domestic king but bit OTT but he won't care - he'll love it!
Original post by Mackay
Decent game, to be honest. Horrid penalty miss from Altidore.

I watch a fair bit of MLS. Giovinco is wasted in that league.

Comes to something when Bradley Wright-Phillips is top scorer in the MLS.
Jack Aitchinson becomes the youngest scorer for Celtic, and youngest ever player, at just 16.
7.0 that's a battering, did the other team even turn up?
Ross County put four past Aberdeen away from home, too. Weird day in Scotland.
Original post by Mackay
Ross County put four past Aberdeen away from home, too. Weird day in Scotland.

yeah and Aberdeen were like best of the rest.
Owen Coyle set for the Celtic job.
^Serious? That's a shock. Last I heard he was in the MLS. Lots of better candidates available, Keane, Moyes so it sounds like a cost cutting measure I'd imagine.
Original post by Aky786UK
^Serious? That's a shock. Last I heard he was in the MLS. Lots of better candidates available, Keane, Moyes so it sounds like a cost cutting measure I'd imagine.

To be honest, I think Keane would be their best bet. They need somebody to rally the fanbase and create a siege mentality, now that Rangers are re-joining them in the top flight.

Moyes and Rodgers? It'd be a backward step for both of them, to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest