The Student Room Group

Subjects to choose for year 3

which subjects are best to choose from for year 3?

company law or immigration law

evidence or family law or jurisprudence(legal philosophy)

thanks guys
Reply 1
personally, ive picked family law, law and religion and criminal evidence and procedure.

are the ones you mentioned the only options you can pick?
Just a heads up, family law isn't that interesting.. :/
My brother is doing company law and said its quite difficult.

However criminal edvidence is a good one to pick.

I've picked my year 3 subjects for law.

I picked political and legal theory 1 and 2, women and the criminal justice system (might change it because it's an essay and I have an essay for environmental law to do also) environmental law, civil procedure and the last one I picked was either emolyment law or family can't really remember

From what I heard from third year student, women and the criminal justice system is solid, and so is most of the commercial subjects, so if you'd like to do them maybe pick one commercial subject idek
Reply 4
Original post by AthiaKarim
My brother is doing company law and said its quite difficult.

However criminal edvidence is a good one to pick.

I've picked my year 3 subjects for law.

I picked political and legal theory 1 and 2, women and the criminal justice system (might change it because it's an essay and I have an essay for environmental law to do also) environmental law, civil procedure and the last one I picked was either emolyment law or family can't really remember

From what I heard from third year student, women and the criminal justice system is solid, and so is most of the commercial subjects, so if you'd like to do them maybe pick one commercial subject idek

Yeah thats why I picked criminal evidence, seems interesting and its an assignment and open book exam. Same as family law, and law and religion is just an assignment and a presentation. Also have a compulsory module of equity and trusts which is an exam and i think an assignment...

I tried to pick modules that didnt have exams as I'd rather do assignments instead.
Original post by fkx
Yeah thats why I picked criminal evidence, seems interesting and its an assignment and open book exam. Same as family law, and law and religion is just an assignment and a presentation. Also have a compulsory module of equity and trusts which is an exam and i think an assignment...

I tried to pick modules that didnt have exams as I'd rather do assignments instead.

Ooh I'm doing equity for my second year. Can tell you now that I hate it lol. It's quite difficult and so hard to grasp- the lecturers repeatedly say this.

I tried to balance both, and pick some essays for semester 1 and exams modules for semester two to make it easier

Didn't wanna do an assignment for semester two tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Ooh I'm doing equity for my second year. Can tell you now that I hate it lol. It's quite difficult and so hard to grasp- the lecturers repeatedly say this.

I tried to balance both, and pick some essays for semester 1 and exams modules for semester two to make it easier

Didn't wanna do an assignment for semester two tbh

Im not looking forward to equity and trusts at all, some of the lectures are apparently 60 slides!

Oh for second year currently, we had land, criminal and EU for our core modules. And we had an optional which I chose work placement.
Original post by fkx
Im not looking forward to equity and trusts at all, some of the lectures are apparently 60 slides!

Oh for second year currently, we had land, criminal and EU for our core modules. And we had an optional which I chose work placement.

Yeah equity is just horrible! I hate it so much lol

Ohh I did land and eu too! (Eu is another that I absolutely hate!) where was your placement at?
Reply 8
Yeah equity is just horrible! I hate it so much lol

Ohh I did land and eu too! (Eu is another that I absolutely hate!) where was your placement at?

My eu exam last thursday was horrible, and I didnt do well in the assignment so it is likely I will be in for the retakes this summer :frown:. Land was okay actually, and I have my criminal tomorrow, just going through all topics and looking at past papers.

I did my placement in a criminal law firm, for about 2 months.
Original post by fkx
My eu exam last thursday was horrible, and I didnt do well in the assignment so it is likely I will be in for the retakes this summer :frown:. Land was okay actually, and I have my criminal tomorrow, just going through all topics and looking at past papers.

I did my placement in a criminal law firm, for about 2 months.

Omg :frown: let's hope it doesn't come to that! You never know, you might've done ok!
I don't have exams now (they've all been deferred to August, but I hate eu too, I just don't understand anything

And wow that's so good! It's a good way to gain extra experience too! Which firm was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending