The Student Room Group

Muslim guys, would you marry a non-hijabi?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Lol did you even read the OP?

I'm sick of muslim girls who don't wear hijab putting hijabis down and hijabis putting other muslim girls who dont wear hijab down...

I think you missed her point. Wearing a hijab / having a full beard does not instantly make you superior to those who don't. That's what she meant. And I think it's ironic when some girls plaster their faces with make up and wear it like "camel humps" for the sake of fashion. Defeats the purpose of the hijab. Older men wearing hats and full beards who participate in the lottery follows a similar concept.
I actually know a muslim guy who prefers girls without hijab.

usually if a guy will marry a girl without hijab it's because he likes it that way and most likely prefers to have his woman on display that's just how it is.

I don't think it's an issue since there are guys that want this, although fewer since muslims guys do tend to possessive.
Hijab is fardh for every Muslim woman that is baaligh.

- According to Shariah, a woman has to conceal her entire self, including her hair from ghair-mehrams (non-family men) This also includes cousin brothers and uncles as they are not blood related. This is an express order of Allah.

- Allah Ta’āla says in the Holy Quran:

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." - Surah Al-Ahzab 33:59

- The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) advised:

"There is no obedience if it involves sin; rather obedience is with regard to that which is good and proper." - Narrated by Al-Bukhari, 7257. Muslim, 1840.

Hadeeths:
- It was narrated that Umm Salamah said: When the words ‘draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies’ were revealed, the women of the Ansaar went out as if there were crows on their heads because of the way they covered themselves.
- It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near us we would lower our jilbaabs from our heads over our faces, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1562.)
- When Allah revealed the words in the Holy Qura'an: (to the nearest meaning)
"...and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and chest)…” [al-Noor24:31] they tore the edges of their aprons and covered their heads with them.’ - (narrated by Abu Dawood, 4102, from the hadeeth of Ibn Wahb).

Wear Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt). You are pleasing Allah (swt) You are doing what Allah (swt) wants you to do, it is also a form of worship, just imagine all the rewards you'll get in the hear after! Dont refuse to submit to the order of your husband against Allah as per the advise of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Dont let your kafn be the first time you cover yourself!
Yes I prefer them because hijab just makes them look too insular and separated from society. I prefer my wife to be liberated and free from hijab
Original post by senoritatimaa
Hijab is fardh for every Muslim woman that is baaligh.

- According to Shariah, a woman has to conceal her entire self, including her hair from ghair-mehrams (non-family men) This also includes cousin brothers and uncles as they are not blood related. This is an express order of Allah.

- Allah Ta’āla says in the Holy Quran:

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." - Surah Al-Ahzab 33:59

- The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) advised:

"There is no obedience if it involves sin; rather obedience is with regard to that which is good and proper." - Narrated by Al-Bukhari, 7257. Muslim, 1840.

Hadeeths:
- It was narrated that Umm Salamah said: When the words ‘draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies’ were revealed, the women of the Ansaar went out as if there were crows on their heads because of the way they covered themselves.
- It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near us we would lower our jilbaabs from our heads over our faces, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1562.)
- When Allah revealed the words in the Holy Qura'an: (to the nearest meaning)
"...and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and chest)…” [al-Noor24:31] they tore the edges of their aprons and covered their heads with them.’ - (narrated by Abu Dawood, 4102, from the hadeeth of Ibn Wahb).

Wear Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt). You are pleasing Allah (swt) You are doing what Allah (swt) wants you to do, it is also a form of worship, just imagine all the rewards you'll get in the hear after! Dont refuse to submit to the order of your husband against Allah as per the advise of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Dont let your kafn be the first time you cover yourself!

As a non - Muslim, I am just interested to find out whether it is possible to have different interpretations of the verses you have quoted. If a Muslim woman who chooses not to wear the Hijab but dresses appropriately, by that, I mean not running around the streets naked or half - naked, is that not an apt interpretation of the verses you have quoted in bold?

Quran is a historical text and with every historical text, comes a myriad of interpretations. The 21st century brings greater strides towards equality between the sexes. It seems enough for a Muslim man to dress sensibly and not reveal his body parts. Why is it not equally sensible for a woman to do the same? The Hijab is something for women and women alone. Do you think that raises problems with gender inequality?

Of course, it is perfectly fine if a woman chooses to wear the Hijab, as I am sure you do. I believe that it does become an issue if a woman is unwilling, but is forced into wearing one because of family pressures, or pressures from within the religious community.
Original post by Anonymous
As a non - Muslim, I am just interested to find out whether it is possible to have different interpretations of the verses you have quoted. If a Muslim woman who chooses not to wear the Hijab but dresses appropriately, by that, I mean not running around the streets naked or half - naked, is that not an apt interpretation of the verses you have quoted in bold?

Quran is a historical text and with every historical text, comes a myriad of interpretations. The 21st century brings greater strides towards equality between the sexes. It seems enough for a Muslim man to dress sensibly and not reveal his body parts. Why is it not equally sensible for a woman to do the same? The Hijab is something for women and women alone. Do you think that raises problems with gender inequality?

Of course, it is perfectly fine if a woman chooses to wear the Hijab, as I am sure you do. I believe that it does become an issue if a woman is unwilling, but is forced into wearing one because of family pressures, or pressures from within the religious community.

Those Qura'anic verses and Hadeeths have many meanings behind them, and Hijab is one of those meanings. Hijab(headscarf) does come within dressing appropriately. The main principle reason for the Hijab is modesty, which is not wishing to receive unnecessary attention from people, such as admiration and flattery, envy, or, most importantly, sexual attraction from those other than her husband.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said:- "Every religion has a (distinct) characteristic and the characteristic of Islam is modesty." - [Ibn Maajah]ponder upon this hadeeth.

Our body is an amanah of Allah (swt) we are upholding a trust, as it is an amanah we have a responsibility to look after take care of our body in the right way. That's why whatever Allah (swt) says we have to follow, there is only good in what He says. When Adam (a.s) was made he felt alone that is why Allah (swt) made Hawa (a.s) as Adam's wife. In Islam a mans weakness is a woman, if a man looks at a woman inappropriately, then in that case he has done zina of the eyes, only he wont get sin but even the woman will get sin because of the way she is dressed. If you think about it, its all linked up. these are just a few of the reasons why a woman should cover up more.

How would Hijab raise problems? I mean why would women want to raise problems, following modest dress codes appropriate to the different natures of a man and woman, both Muslim men and women should abide by a certain modest and respectful code of conduct.The Hijab is an order from Allah (swt) and as Muslimaa's we have to follow Allah (swt) commands. Problems will definitely be raised by Allah (swt) will, if commandments of Allah (swt) are not followed.

Hijab is a symbol of another important principle in Islam, which is valuing benefits which are permanent above those which are temporary.
What is permanently beneficial is, for example, a happy marriage between two people who aim to learn, teach and apply Islam to the best of their ability in their lives. This is seen as that which brings about the true happiness of the soul for eternity, by purifying and keeping it in its pure, natural, filling it with peace and contentment, patience, gratefulness, love and compassion.
What is temporary are the momentary pleasures derived from, for example, people's opinions of you, leading to your own self-satisfaction, or, even more basically, those derived from physical sensations.

Yes, wearing the Hijab is just a beautiful, magnificent, spectacular feeling! and the only way to experience that, is firstly, to put full trust in Allah (swt), have the intention of; "I am wearing The Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt), The one who is Al-Wali (The protecting friend)." With Allah (swt) help anything can happen.

I personally think that, a Muslim woman should not be unwilling towards wearing the Hijab, its a command from Allah! and Allah (swt) does something for the sake of our own good. So even if Muslim women do wear the Hijab but then have a bad experience, e.g. A group of Hjabi's go to college and receive a whole load disrespect, then dont think negative, it may be a test from Allah (swt), He may be testing our patience. If we can control our nafs (ego, desires, soul) our inner self, then surely we will have Jannah.
"Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it could bear". - [Qura'an 2:286]

However i am no one to judge, If Allah (swt) wants to forgive He will, if He wants to punish He will. All i can do is teach the knowledge that i have and - I make duaa to Allah (swt) to give Hidaayat to the Ummah, Ameen.
Those Qura'anic verses and Hadeeths have many meanings behind them, and Hijab is one of those meanings. Hijab(headscarf) does come within dressing appropriately. The main principle reason for the Hijab is modesty, which is not wishing to receive unnecessary attention from people, such as admiration and flattery, envy, or, most importantly, sexual attraction from those other than her husband.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said:- "Every religion has a (distinct) characteristic and the characteristic of Islam is modesty." - [Ibn Maajah]ponder upon this hadeeth.

Our body is an amanah of Allah (swt) we are upholding a trust, as it is an amanah we have a responsibility to look after take care of our body in the right way. That's why whatever Allah (swt) says we have to follow, there is only good in what He says. When Adam (a.s) was made he felt alone that is why Allah (swt) made Hawa (a.s) as Adam's wife. In Islam a mans weakness is a woman, if a man looks at a woman inappropriately, then in that case he has done zina of the eyes, only he wont get sin but even the woman will get sin because of the way she is dressed. If you think about it, its all linked up. these are just a few of the reasons why a woman should cover up more.

How would Hijab raise problems? I mean why would women want to raise problems, following modest dress codes appropriate to the different natures of a man and woman, both Muslim men and women should abide by a certain modest and respectful code of conduct.The Hijab is an order from Allah (swt) and as Muslimaa's we have to follow Allah (swt) commands. Problems will definitely be raised by Allah (swt) will, if commandments of Allah (swt) are not followed.

Hijab is a symbol of another important principle in Islam, which is valuing benefits which are permanent above those which are temporary.
What is permanently beneficial is, for example, a happy marriage between two people who aim to learn, teach and apply Islam to the best of their ability in their lives. This is seen as that which brings about the true happiness of the soul for eternity, by purifying and keeping it in its pure, natural, filling it with peace and contentment, patience, gratefulness, love and compassion.
What is temporary are the momentary pleasures derived from, for example, people's opinions of you, leading to your own self-satisfaction, or, even more basically, those derived from physical sensations.

Yes, wearing the Hijab is just a beautiful, magnificent, spectacular feeling! and the only way to experience that, is firstly, to put full trust in Allah (swt), have the intention of; "I am wearing The Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt), The one who is Al-Wali (The protecting friend)." With Allah (swt) help anything can happen.

I personally think that, a Muslim woman should not be unwilling towards wearing the Hijab, its a command from Allah! and Allah (swt) does something for the sake of our own good. So even if Muslim women do wear the Hijab but then have a bad experience, e.g. A group of Hjabi's go to college and receive a whole load disrespect, then dont think negative, it may be a test from Allah (swt), He may be testing our patience. If we can control our nafs (ego, desires, soul) our inner self, then surely we will have Jannah.
"Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it could bear". - [Qura'an 2:286]

However i am no one to judge, If Allah (swt) wants to forgive He will, if He wants to punish He will. All i can do is teach the knowledge that i have and - I make duaa to Allah (swt) to give Hidaayat to the Ummah, Ameen.

Thank you for your reply! The greatest issue I have is with the first part I have highlighted in bold. If a woman dresses modestly, but leaves her hair uncovered, logic tells me it is not an intentional act of gaining men's attention. I also feel like this undermines men's abilities to self restraint, which believe it or not, they have quite a lot of it. I have seen plenty of Muslim women wearing the hijab, but have mountains of makeup plastered on their faces. To me, that is completely fine because no one gets to judge on what people do to their faces. Do you think that is acceptable in Islam, given that as you keep on saying, it's a woman's duty to prevent zina of the eyes? Why is it that hair and hair alone holds so much significance?

The second part I have highlighted in bold also concerns me. Having one's hair uncovered is not, as you say, for anyone's own satisfaction. The only thing I can say is that it is rather good for scalp health. Other than that, letting my hair out is as normal to me as wearing clothes.

Lastly, would you please find a specific verse in the Quran that entails women must wear the headscarf? You refer to it as an order from Allah. However, all the verses you have quoted encourage women and men to dress modestly. Have you ever questioned yourself that hijab is a human interpretation of the Quran that was then imposed on the Islamic community a long time ago, and people feel compelled to follow even today?
Is a hijabi a person who wears a head scarf or the full thing? I get well confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HuzaifahN
Is a hijabi a person who wears a head scarf or the full thing? I get well confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

just the head scarf not the whole thing
No point wearing it if you're pressured , holds zero meaning then.
Original post by HuzaifahN

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well from an Islamic point of view, the hijab(for women) is to cover certain parts of her body(awrah) and to also be modest.

So her hair must be covered and her whole body except for her hands, feet and face.

So if a person covers these parts and also is modest it clothing, i.e. the shape of the body is not shown, then that will be classed as hijaab according to the islamic definition.

However it's usage today usually means just a head scarf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a muslim girl who doesn't wear a hijab. Doesn't mean I'm not modest though
Thank you for your reply! The greatest issue I have is with the first part I have highlighted in bold. If a woman dresses modestly, but leaves her hair uncovered, logic tells me it is not an intentional act of gaining men's attention. I also feel like this undermines men's abilities to self restraint, which believe it or not, they have quite a lot of it. I have seen plenty of Muslim women wearing the hijab, but have mountains of makeup plastered on their faces. To me, that is completely fine because no one gets to judge on what people do to their faces. Do you think that is acceptable in Islam, given that as you keep on saying, it's a woman's duty to prevent zina of the eyes? Why is it that hair and hair alone holds so much significance?

The second part I have highlighted in bold also concerns me. Having one's hair uncovered is not, as you say, for anyone's own satisfaction. The only thing I can say is that it is rather good for scalp health. Other than that, letting my hair out is as normal to me as wearing clothes.

Lastly, would you please find a specific verse in the Quran that entails women must wear the headscarf? You refer to it as an order from Allah. However, all the verses you have quoted encourage women and men to dress modestly. Have you ever questioned yourself that hijab is a human interpretation of the Quran that was then imposed on the Islamic community a long time ago, and people feel compelled to follow even today?

Your most welcome.

Yes, logic does tell you that,however the headscarf isn't just for the hair to be covered; there is a certainway to wear the Hijab. Hijab is also for the cheek bones, chin, neck, the areaaround the collar bones and the satr (chest) to be covered. So if all thisisn't covered then some men may get attracted.

Now makeup is a whole differenttopic. Makeup is one of the ways to beautify ourselves. We can only lookbeautiful in front of our mehrams (blood related men) e.g. father, brother andgrandfather. However there is a certain level to beautify ourselves infront ofmehrams. When it comes to beautifying ourselves for our husband then you can doanything you want. Our beauty is only for our husbands, that is also one of thereasons why Muslim women should wear a Hijab. Hmm...If we want to wear makeupthen we should only wear it to beautify ourselves for our husbands and with theintention of making them happy for the sake of Allah (swt). With makeup thereis a limit, we shouldn't wear too much that the face is not recognizable, asthat is one of the ways of changing the creation of Allah (swt).

Displaying hair is good for hairgrowth and good scalp health, but there are many other ways to take careof hair growth and good scalp health. There is also a sunnah way!

- Wash the hair regularly.

As recorded in Al Bukhari, theMessenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used to pour water three timeson his head, and then rub the hair gently but thoroughly to ensure the wholescalp and roots of the hair had been wetted. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahualayhi wasallam) first perfumed his head with any beautiful scent which wasavailable; taking it in his hands first he rubbed the right side of the head,then the left side, and finally the middle with the scent. That scent remainedon him even after he had finished bathing.
Studies have shown that the best frequency for washing the hair isafter every couple of days. The use of a mild medicated shampoo is recommendedand it is advised not to shampoo the hair more than once at each washing unlessit is very soiled otherwise it may result in brittleness and split ends. Aseparate rinse with a hair conditioner is also beneficial as it adds softnessand helps with combing.
Women who have very long hair which is always plaited must undo theplaits and wash the hair thoroughly after completing the menses. It is notpermissible just to make the hair wet or just to wet the tips of the hair.

- Starting from the right handside when combing the hair.

Our Mother A'ishah (radhi Allahuanha) narrated that "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used tolike starting from the right in performing ablution, combing his hair andputting on his shoes."
Sahih al Bukhari Volume 7, Book 72, Number 745

- Care when combing wethair.

Using a fine-toothed comb on wet haircan cause immense stress on the hair shaft when it is wet, which leads tobreakage and hair loss. Use a wide-toothed detangling comb and apply a littleolive oil if required. Never pull at the hair when combing it.
- Allow wet hair to dry naturally.

Using heated blow dryers can stripthe hair of its natural moisture, causing split ends, wiriness and breakage.The hair is also more likely to become dry, frizzy and difficult to style.

- Massage the scalp regularlywith hair oil.

The use of hair oil is directlymentioned in the Sunnah;
Our Mother A'ishah (radhi Allahu anha) also narrated that "TheProphet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used to (put) bend his head (out) to mewhile he was in Itikaf in the Mosque during my monthly periods and I would comband oil his hair."
Sahih al Bukhari Volume 3, Book 33, Number 245

Massaging gently andregularly (once a week or so) using the fingertips, with any one of thefollowing oils is recommended for increasing circulation and blood-flow to thescalp, thus strengthening the hair roots and conditioning the hair shaft. Thebest type of olive to use is Olive oil;

It was narrated from‘Umar (radhi Allahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhiwasallam) said; "Season (your food) with olive oil and anoint yourselveswith it, for it comes from a blessed tree.”
Sunan Ibn Majah Book 29, Hadith 3444. Classed as Sahih by Darusalaam.
The hair oil can be left on the hair for between 2-4 hours in shaAllah.

- Using Henna.

Chemical-based hair colourants andhighlights cause great damage to the hair and leak harmful toxins into theblood stream through the pores in the scalp. Henna is a natural dark red dyemade from the dried and crushed leaves of the Henna plant. 100% pure Henna issafe to use even by pregnant women. It has hair-strengthening properties andalso helps cool down the scalp, reduce headache and migraine, slow down thegreying of hair, heal flakiness/itchiness, remove dandruff and kill lice. Theuse of Henna was the Sunnah of the Companions of our beloved Prophet(sallallahu alayhi wasallam), namely Abu Bakr As Siddique (radhi Allahu anhu)who applied it to his blessed hair and beard.
Henna should be mixed with an acidic liquid like lemon juice untilthe mixture forms a thick paste. This should then be covered and left to sitfor 24 hours before more lemon juice can be added to make the consistencyeasier to apply. Henna can be left on the hair for between 2 and 8 hours.
The stain of pure Henna is always dark red/orange in colour. Socalled ‘Black Henna’ or ‘Brown Henna’ should never be used as it is mostcertainly a composition of toxic chemicals which could cause a very seriousallergic reaction.

- Sleeping properly.

Good quality sleep relieves stresswhich has been linked to hair loss. At the same time it is important to notethat over-sleeping does not benefit the body at all and is not recommended. Itwas the practice of Rasool'Allah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and theCompanions to sleep for a portion of the night then wake up in the last thirdof the night for Qiyyam ul Layl.

- Improving dietary habits.

The old cliché of eating well reallydoes have a significant impact on the condition of the hair. Eating a balanceddiet, low in saturated fat and high in protein, vegetables, fresh fish,vitamins and minerals encourages strong, shiny, bouncy hair. Hair loss can belessened by avoiding anything which leads to crash dieting, hormonalimbalances, poor blood circulation and anaemia. Regularly drinking a littlewhole milk, eating almonds, sesame seeds and dried fruit all help the conditionof the scalp and hair.

~(From my mother’s notes:h:)

Proven in The Qura'an: - The first verse: “...and not display their beautyexcept what is apparent, and they should place their khumur overtheir bosoms...”

There are two issues about this sentence. 1. What is khumur?

Khumur خُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veilcovering the head. See any Arabic dictionary like Lisanu ’l-‘Arab,Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn or al-Munjid. Al-Munjid, which is the mostpopular dictionary in the Arab world, defines al-khimar as“something with which a woman conceals her head ما تغطى به المرأةرأسها . Fakhru ’d-Din al-Turayhi in Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn (whichis a dictionary of Qur’anic and hadith terms) defines al-khimar as“scarf, and it is known as such because the head is covered with it.” So the word khimar, by definition,means a piece of cloth that covers the head.

2. "placing the khumur overthe bosoms" mean?

According to the commentators of the Qur’an, thewomen of Medina in the pre-Islamic era used to put their khumur overthe head with the two ends tucked behind and tied at the back of the neck, inthe process exposing their ears and neck. By saying that, “place the khumur overthe bosoms,” Almighty Allah ordered the women to let the two ends of theirheadgear extend onto their bosoms so that they conceal their ears, the neck,and the upper part of the bosom also. This is confirmed by the way the Muslim women ofthe Prophet’s era understood this commandment of Almighty Allah. The Sunnisources quote Ummu ’l-mu’minin ‘A’isha, the Prophet’s wife, as follows: “I have not seen women better than those of al-Ansar (theinhabitants of Medina): when this verse was revealed, all of them got hold oftheir aprons, tore them apart, and used them to cover their heads...” The meaning of khimar and thecontext in which the verse was revealed clearly talks about concealing the headand then using the loose ends of the scarf to conceal the neck and the bosom.It is absurd to believe that the Qur’an would use the word khimar (which,by definition, means a cloth that covers the head) only to conceal the bosomwith the exclusion of the head! It would be like saying to put on your shirtonly around the belly or the waist without covering the chest! Finally the verse goes on to give the list ofthe mahram male family members in whose presence the Hijab is not required, such as the husband, the father, the brother, the son(s).

The second verse: “O Prophet, tell your wives andyour daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves[part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be knownand not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." - Qura'an33:59

The prophet (pbuh) was told by Allah(swt) to tell his wives daughters to cover up,the prophet (pbuh) told themto wear the hijab and jilabaab.

The meaning of jilabab: Jalabib جَلاَبِيْبٌ isthe plural of jilbabجِلْبَابٌ , which means aloose outer garment. See any Arabic dictionary like Lisanu ’l-‘Arab,Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn or al-Munjid. Al-Munjid, for instance,defines jilbab as “the shirt or a wide dress—القميص أوالثوب الواسع.” While al-Turayhi, in Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn, definesit as “a wide dress, wider than the scarf and shorter than a robe, that a womanputs upon her head and lets it down on her bosom...” This means that the Islamic dress code for womendoes not only consist of a scarf that covers the head, the neck and the bosom;it also includes the overall dress that should be long and loose. So, for instance, the combination of a tight, shortsweater with tight-fitting jeans with a scarf over the head does not fulfil therequirements of the Islamic dress code.

Hijab is not a human interpretation of the Qura’an.Hijab is just a way to cover ourselves, Hijab actually make a person feel free,Hijab is a way off displaying faith not beauty. A way to cover the irrelevant.Hijab shows the relationship between us and Allah (swt). Hijab is the jewel ofa woman it just shows how much value a woman has. If they really did love Allah(swt) then they wouldn’t even think about not wearing the Hijab, they wouldjust wear the Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt) without any questioning. Likeseriously that just doesn’t make sense to me! Anyways Allah (swt) knows whythey feel like that, and he will deal with them, Allah (swt) knows best.
Your most welcome.

Yes, logic does tell you that,however the headscarf isn't just for the hair to be covered; there is a certainway to wear the Hijab. Hijab is also for the cheek bones, chin, neck, the areaaround the collar bones and the satr (chest) to be covered. So if all thisisn't covered then some men may get attracted.

Now makeup is a whole differenttopic. Makeup is one of the ways to beautify ourselves. We can only lookbeautiful in front of our mehrams (blood related men) e.g. father, brother andgrandfather. However there is a certain level to beautify ourselves infront ofmehrams. When it comes to beautifying ourselves for our husband then you can doanything you want. Our beauty is only for our husbands, that is also one of thereasons why Muslim women should wear a Hijab. Hmm...If we want to wear makeupthen we should only wear it to beautify ourselves for our husbands and with theintention of making them happy for the sake of Allah (swt). With makeup thereis a limit, we shouldn't wear too much that the face is not recognizable, asthat is one of the ways of changing the creation of Allah (swt).

Displaying hair is good for hairgrowth and good scalp health, but there are many other ways to take careof hair growth and good scalp health. There is also a sunnah way!

- Wash the hair regularly.

As recorded in Al Bukhari, theMessenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used to pour water three timeson his head, and then rub the hair gently but thoroughly to ensure the wholescalp and roots of the hair had been wetted. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahualayhi wasallam) first perfumed his head with any beautiful scent which wasavailable; taking it in his hands first he rubbed the right side of the head,then the left side, and finally the middle with the scent. That scent remainedon him even after he had finished bathing.
Studies have shown that the best frequency for washing the hair isafter every couple of days. The use of a mild medicated shampoo is recommendedand it is advised not to shampoo the hair more than once at each washing unlessit is very soiled otherwise it may result in brittleness and split ends. Aseparate rinse with a hair conditioner is also beneficial as it adds softnessand helps with combing.
Women who have very long hair which is always plaited must undo theplaits and wash the hair thoroughly after completing the menses. It is notpermissible just to make the hair wet or just to wet the tips of the hair.

- Starting from the right handside when combing the hair.

Our Mother A'ishah (radhi Allahuanha) narrated that "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used tolike starting from the right in performing ablution, combing his hair andputting on his shoes."
Sahih al Bukhari Volume 7, Book 72, Number 745

- Care when combing wethair.

Using a fine-toothed comb on wet haircan cause immense stress on the hair shaft when it is wet, which leads tobreakage and hair loss. Use a wide-toothed detangling comb and apply a littleolive oil if required. Never pull at the hair when combing it.
- Allow wet hair to dry naturally.

Using heated blow dryers can stripthe hair of its natural moisture, causing split ends, wiriness and breakage.The hair is also more likely to become dry, frizzy and difficult to style.

- Massage the scalp regularlywith hair oil.

The use of hair oil is directlymentioned in the Sunnah;
Our Mother A'ishah (radhi Allahu anha) also narrated that "TheProphet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used to (put) bend his head (out) to mewhile he was in Itikaf in the Mosque during my monthly periods and I would comband oil his hair."
Sahih al Bukhari Volume 3, Book 33, Number 245

Massaging gently andregularly (once a week or so) using the fingertips, with any one of thefollowing oils is recommended for increasing circulation and blood-flow to thescalp, thus strengthening the hair roots and conditioning the hair shaft. Thebest type of olive to use is Olive oil;

It was narrated from‘Umar (radhi Allahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhiwasallam) said; "Season (your food) with olive oil and anoint yourselveswith it, for it comes from a blessed tree.”
Sunan Ibn Majah Book 29, Hadith 3444. Classed as Sahih by Darusalaam.
The hair oil can be left on the hair for between 2-4 hours in shaAllah.

- Using Henna.

Chemical-based hair colourants andhighlights cause great damage to the hair and leak harmful toxins into theblood stream through the pores in the scalp. Henna is a natural dark red dyemade from the dried and crushed leaves of the Henna plant. 100% pure Henna issafe to use even by pregnant women. It has hair-strengthening properties andalso helps cool down the scalp, reduce headache and migraine, slow down thegreying of hair, heal flakiness/itchiness, remove dandruff and kill lice. Theuse of Henna was the Sunnah of the Companions of our beloved Prophet(sallallahu alayhi wasallam), namely Abu Bakr As Siddique (radhi Allahu anhu)who applied it to his blessed hair and beard.
Henna should be mixed with an acidic liquid like lemon juice untilthe mixture forms a thick paste. This should then be covered and left to sitfor 24 hours before more lemon juice can be added to make the consistencyeasier to apply. Henna can be left on the hair for between 2 and 8 hours.
The stain of pure Henna is always dark red/orange in colour. Socalled ‘Black Henna’ or ‘Brown Henna’ should never be used as it is mostcertainly a composition of toxic chemicals which could cause a very seriousallergic reaction.

- Sleeping properly.

Good quality sleep relieves stresswhich has been linked to hair loss. At the same time it is important to notethat over-sleeping does not benefit the body at all and is not recommended. Itwas the practice of Rasool'Allah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and theCompanions to sleep for a portion of the night then wake up in the last thirdof the night for Qiyyam ul Layl.

- Improving dietary habits.

The old cliché of eating well reallydoes have a significant impact on the condition of the hair. Eating a balanceddiet, low in saturated fat and high in protein, vegetables, fresh fish,vitamins and minerals encourages strong, shiny, bouncy hair. Hair loss can belessened by avoiding anything which leads to crash dieting, hormonalimbalances, poor blood circulation and anaemia. Regularly drinking a littlewhole milk, eating almonds, sesame seeds and dried fruit all help the conditionof the scalp and hair.

~(From my mother’s notes:h:)

Proven in The Qura'an: - The first verse: “...and not display their beautyexcept what is apparent, and they should place their khumur overtheir bosoms...”

There are two issues about this sentence. 1. What is khumur?

Khumur خُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veilcovering the head. See any Arabic dictionary like Lisanu ’l-‘Arab,Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn or al-Munjid. Al-Munjid, which is the mostpopular dictionary in the Arab world, defines al-khimar as“something with which a woman conceals her head ما تغطى به المرأةرأسها . Fakhru ’d-Din al-Turayhi in Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn (whichis a dictionary of Qur’anic and hadith terms) defines al-khimar as“scarf, and it is known as such because the head is covered with it.” So the word khimar, by definition,means a piece of cloth that covers the head.

2. "placing the khumur overthe bosoms" mean?

According to the commentators of the Qur’an, thewomen of Medina in the pre-Islamic era used to put their khumur overthe head with the two ends tucked behind and tied at the back of the neck, inthe process exposing their ears and neck. By saying that, “place the khumur overthe bosoms,” Almighty Allah ordered the women to let the two ends of theirheadgear extend onto their bosoms so that they conceal their ears, the neck,and the upper part of the bosom also. This is confirmed by the way the Muslim women ofthe Prophet’s era understood this commandment of Almighty Allah. The Sunnisources quote Ummu ’l-mu’minin ‘A’isha, the Prophet’s wife, as follows: “I have not seen women better than those of al-Ansar (theinhabitants of Medina): when this verse was revealed, all of them got hold oftheir aprons, tore them apart, and used them to cover their heads...” The meaning of khimar and thecontext in which the verse was revealed clearly talks about concealing the headand then using the loose ends of the scarf to conceal the neck and the bosom.It is absurd to believe that the Qur’an would use the word khimar (which,by definition, means a cloth that covers the head) only to conceal the bosomwith the exclusion of the head! It would be like saying to put on your shirtonly around the belly or the waist without covering the chest! Finally the verse goes on to give the list ofthe mahram male family members in whose presence the Hijab is not required, such as the husband, the father, the brother, the son(s).

The second verse: “O Prophet, tell your wives andyour daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves[part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be knownand not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." - Qura'an33:59

The prophet (pbuh) was told by Allah(swt) to tell his wives daughters to cover up,the prophet (pbuh) told themto wear the hijab and jilabaab.

The meaning of jilabab: Jalabib جَلاَبِيْبٌ isthe plural of jilbabجِلْبَابٌ , which means aloose outer garment. See any Arabic dictionary like Lisanu ’l-‘Arab,Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn or al-Munjid. Al-Munjid, for instance,defines jilbab as “the shirt or a wide dress—القميص أوالثوب الواسع.” While al-Turayhi, in Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn, definesit as “a wide dress, wider than the scarf and shorter than a robe, that a womanputs upon her head and lets it down on her bosom...” This means that the Islamic dress code for womendoes not only consist of a scarf that covers the head, the neck and the bosom;it also includes the overall dress that should be long and loose. So, for instance, the combination of a tight, shortsweater with tight-fitting jeans with a scarf over the head does not fulfil therequirements of the Islamic dress code.

Hijab is not a human interpretation of the Qura’an.Hijab is just a way to cover ourselves, Hijab actually make a person feel free,Hijab is a way off displaying faith not beauty. A way to cover the irrelevant.Hijab shows the relationship between us and Allah (swt). Hijab is the jewel ofa woman it just shows how much value a woman has. If they really did love Allah(swt) then they wouldn’t even think about not wearing the Hijab, they wouldjust wear the Hijab for the sake of Allah (swt) without any questioning. Likeseriously that just doesn’t make sense to me! Anyways Allah (swt) knows whythey feel like that, and he will deal with them, Allah (swt) knows best.

MashaAllah, good advice.

Btw sadr* is chest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why am i coming up as anonymous on my posts/replies :frown:
Original post by s_ahmed2
MashaAllah, good advice.

Btw sadr* is chest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazak'Allah!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending