The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Regulations or POLLUTION permits
Is concentrate on these two mostly but also go over ether possible one cause OCR could be sneaky lmao
Reply 81
Original post by martinnmartin
Regulations or POLLUTION permits
Is concentrate on these two mostly but also go over ether possible one cause OCR could be sneaky lmao

Everyone has said regulation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Everyone last year said Subsidies/TPP. I'm just shocked that even Privatisation has come up but not TPP..
I was told by my teacher that regulation predominantly should be considered to be a maximum amount of good x that people can consume such that the diagram would have a vertical line at the social equilibrium forcing people to consume that. Would this be valid to write in the exam?
He's everything that came up from 2009

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dailyraces
I was told by my teacher that regulation predominantly should be considered to be a maximum amount of good x that people can consume such that the diagram would have a vertical line at the social equilibrium forcing people to consume that. Would this be valid to write in the exam?

That sounds like a quota to me. Regulations could be age restriction on the sale of an item, forcing manufacturers to provide more information, legislations that increase cost of production.
Reply 86
Watch the Econplusdal Regulation vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgmLCNJFmpw
Original post by keynes24
That sounds like a quota to me. Regulations could be age restriction on the sale of an item, forcing manufacturers to provide more information, legislations that increase cost of production.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, so to clarify, would that legislation increasing cost of product shift supply to the left, and providing more information would shift demand according to whether or not the information provided increased or decrease demand overall fixing market failure?
Original post by dailyraces
Thanks for the response. Yeah, so to clarify, would that legislation increasing cost of product shift supply to the left, and providing more information would shift demand according to whether or not the information provided increased or decrease demand overall fixing market failure?

yes
What is an alternative to tradeable pollution permits?
Regulation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
How do I do the positive externalities diagram with the D/S curves (not msb ones)
Original post by Pato1
How do I do the positive externalities diagram with the D/S curves (not msb ones)

Demand shifts to the right to reduce the underconsumption of merit goods
OMG the exam is tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone :h:
Good luck man
Reply 94
PPF: Last seen Jan 13

Producer Surplus: Last seen Jan 12

TPP: Last seen; Never been examined as a question ever

Regulation: Last seen Jun 13

XED: Last seen Jan 12

Factors of Production: Last seen Jun 14
Reply 95
Can you state that banning the whole sector comes under Regulation?
Original post by Pato1
Can you state that banning the whole sector comes under Regulation?

Yes, regulation can be in the form of rules/regulations, providing information, banning etc...
I seem to struggle more on section A and do well in the essay. Any advice for section A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Arlenambxx
I seem to struggle more on section A and do well in the essay. Any advice for section A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

do past papers, same questions come up every time
Reply 99
The only 18 marker that hasn't been tested under this specification is: Discuss whether competitive markets always lead to allocative efficiency.... That's a strong possibility seeing as this is the last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending