The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MeganSaffron
Thank you so much! I was panicking so much! I hope correlations comes up! Are you retaking both exams or just G541?

Posted from TSR Mobile

both of them!! wbu
Original post by Mmmbbb
both of them!! wbu

Same! How are you feeling about them? I felt so confident last year, I'm feeling awful about it this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Same! How are you feeling about them? I felt so confident last year, I'm feeling awful about it this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

literally the same :frown: in particular g542, i forgot how much detail is in every study :frown:
Original post by Mmmbbb
literally the same :frown: in particular g542, i forgot how much detail is in every study :frown:

I've found it really hard trying to juggle everything we need to remember with my other 3 subjects. Trying to remember all the 15 studies for AS and all the studies for A2 is so stressful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I've found it really hard trying to juggle everything we need to remember with my other 3 subjects. Trying to remember all the 15 studies for AS and all the studies for A2 is so stressful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I find it quite unfair. What other subjects do you do?
Original post by Mmmbbb
I know, I find it quite unfair. What other subjects do you do?

I take Musical Theatre, Performing Arts, Drama and Theatre studies and Psychology. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I take Musical Theatre, Performing Arts, Drama and Theatre studies and Psychology. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take psychology, sociology and english language.. a lot of writing :frown:
Original post by Mmmbbb
I take psychology, sociology and english language.. a lot of writing :frown:

That sucks! And a lot to remember too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I'm hoping there won't be a lot of stats on the paper as I struggle with the statistical tests :frown:
Original post by vanyabarzilova
I'm hoping there won't be a lot of stats on the paper as I struggle with the statistical tests :frown:

those are the discriminating questions:wink:
Why Are statistical tests used ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlphaX5
It's a brand new Speciifcation and we're the first year to take this new Spec so we're hoping they'll be nice to us

I agree!!
Reply 32
If I make up studies in my psychology exam will they notice, say I put in a study by smith et al and say he did a correlational study on what the question was asking about then evaluated it, would the examiner mind, its only a bit **** we have to remember specific names of people who conducted often trivial and 'lets test the obvious' studies.
Original post by gayqa
If I make up studies in my psychology exam will they notice, say I put in a study by smith et al and say he did a correlational study on what the question was asking about then evaluated it, would the examiner mind, its only a bit **** we have to remember specific names of people who conducted often trivial and 'lets test the obvious' studies.

I don't think it would work, my teacher said someone did this in a mock, and therefore he searched up the study when marking to see if it actually existed - it didn't obviously. But i assume OCR would do the same?
Original post by lol123456789
Why Are statistical tests used ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

there are two types of statistical tests; parametric and non-parametric, parametric tests are used when you're looking to find a difference between variables when the data follows a normal distribution, whereas non-parametric tests find differences when the data is non-normal per say

hope this helps:smile:
Original post by claudiamendes
I agree!!

it's OCR so they'll probably make this exam aids tbh:tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by Virolite
I don't do WJEC either but I'm sure all they're asking is for your application of knowledge of both psychological approaches and how you would apply them to the particular situation given, in other words: "compare and contrast the biological approach to the cognitive approach", they wouldn't ask anything that you haven't learnt in class:tongue: I hope this helps and gl

Thank you!!! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Virolite
there are two types of statistical tests; parametric and non-parametric, parametric tests are used when you're looking to find a difference between variables when the data follows a normal distribution, whereas non-parametric tests find differences when the data is non-normal per say

hope this helps:smile:

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sail999
The 12 marker will be assesed mostly on how you structure you answers. The bullets poinst they give you need to be in PEC and why you would choose the design/sampling method. You need include the following, research questions, design,,sample , ethics in a order as if you were writing a story. Thats whatbwe have been told. Good luck.

Thats nothing like we we have been told and the head of our department was who wrote the ocr book...gd luck.
Good luck everyone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending