The Student Room Group

AQA alevel law unit 1 and 2

Scroll to see replies

If something came up last year is it likely it will be on this year?
Reply 21
Original post by 17alicwill
If something came up last year is it likely it will be on this year?

it depends because my teacher said most likely it wouldn't but im keeping all options open as they might decide to use some questions again ! i hope they do because last years paper was really good
Reply 22
is everyone ready for the exam on Tuesday ?
Reply 23
If anyone is doing 'The legal profession and other sources of advice and funding' as a topic on the paper (I think it's actually the least popular to be honest as it's arguably the most difficult, though examiners like to see it so you're on to a winner if you actually know your stuff) then here are the model answers for EVERY SINGLE question that has ever come up on it.

Writing up the same for parliamentary law making and statutory interpretation later.
Reply 24
Original post by .JC.
If anyone is doing 'The legal profession and other sources of advice and funding' as a topic on the paper (I think it's actually the least popular to be honest as it's arguably the most difficult, though examiners like to see it so you're on to a winner if you actually know your stuff) then here are the model answers for EVERY SINGLE question that has ever come up on it.

Writing up the same for parliamentary law making and statutory interpretation later.

thank you sadly, im not doing the legal profession but i will attach statutory interpretation below. im doing criminal courts and lay people, delegated legislation and statutory interpretation good luck for your exam !
Wait, so there is a thread for this lol.
Hey guys :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Cherry82
Wait, so there is a thread for this lol.
Hey guys :smile:

yeah there is i started the thread a couple of days ago. are you doing the unit 1 and 2 exam on Tuesday ?
Original post by Tan3000
yeah there is i started the thread a couple of days ago. are you doing the unit 1 and 2 exam on Tuesday ?

Yea, unit 1 on Tuesday then Unit 2 on Friday.
How are you feeling for these exams? I don't feel prepared. Like I've revised but remembering the dates of the Acts has been the biggest problem, especially for unit 1. For unit 2, I'm just going to have to do last minute study then guess what may come up revising it the night before.
If anyone needs to ask any questions I'm more than happy to help! I did unit 1 & 2 last year. Just message me if you need to! :smile:
Anyone else feel they're spending too much time on unit 1 and not enough on unit 2? I studied intensive law this year so I'm sitting both AS and A2 this year.. Any predictions for delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and criminal courts and lay people?? 😊
Reply 30
Yea, unit 1 on Tuesday then Unit 2 on Friday.
How are you feeling for these exams? I don't feel prepared. Like I've revised but remembering the dates of the Acts has been the biggest problem, especially for unit 1. For unit 2, I'm just going to have to do last minute study then guess what may come up revising it the night before.

Im a little scared keep thinking i will run out of time but i have done all the past papers so i guess i just have to read and make sure i remeber the cases. What sections are you doing from unit 1 ? And im probably just gonna go over unit 2 cause i find it alot easier than unit 1
Reply 31
Original post by sophiec955
Anyone else feel they're spending too much time on unit 1 and not enough on unit 2? I studied intensive law this year so I'm sitting both AS and A2 this year.. Any predictions for delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and criminal courts and lay people?? 😊

Hi im doing all of those sections my teacher has predicted the mischief rule and purposive approach and rules of language. I don't remember the others i have written them down i will send you all my predictions tomorrow. And yeah i feel i am spending too much time on unit 1 but im sure we will be fine good luck !
Reply 32
Original post by hannah123.
If anyone needs to ask any questions I'm more than happy to help! I did unit 1 & 2 last year. Just message me if you need to! :smile:

Thank you !
Original post by Tan3000
Im a little scared keep thinking i will run out of time but i have done all the past papers so i guess i just have to read and make sure i remeber the cases. What sections are you doing from unit 1 ? And im probably just gonna go over unit 2 cause i find it alot easier than unit 1

Yea, same here. I'm doing delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and Criminal courts & lay people. Let's just pray exams this year go according to our favour lol.
Reply 34
Yea, same here. I'm doing delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and Criminal courts & lay people. Let's just pray exams this year go according to our favour lol.

I'm also doing those sections but my teacher said that this year is gonna be really hard !
Reply 35
Any ideas of Unit 1 Law Making and the Legal System
Original post by Tan3000
I'm also doing those sections but my teacher said that this year is gonna be really hard !

Yea, I'm sure.
After looking at all the past papers- my predictions are for delegated legislation- Orders in Council and Statutory Instruments, probably parliamentary controls or again judicial controls then ads and disads of Delegated legislation
Statutory interpretation- Probably 2 forms of rules of language or external and internal aids or purposive or mischief- it's hard to predict here
Criminal Courts and Lay people- most likely that trial and appeal question that came up in 2013 or how magistrates deal with either way offences.
These are just guesses lol please don't take my word for it.
Reply 37
Yea, I'm sure.
After looking at all the past papers- my predictions are for delegated legislation- Orders in Council and Statutory Instruments, probably parliamentary controls or again judicial controls then ads and disads of Delegated legislation
Statutory interpretation- Probably 2 forms of rules of language or external and internal aids or purposive or mischief- it's hard to predict here
Criminal Courts and Lay people- most likely that trial and appeal question that came up in 2013 or how magistrates deal with either way offences.

Yeah thats what i got as well. My teacher thinks parliamentary controls and judicial controls will be one question
Yea, I'm sure.

What all did you put in for the question on how they deal with either way offences? I struggled to find a lot to put into that answer when I came across it!
Original post by Tan3000
Hi im doing all of those sections my teacher has predicted the mischief rule and purposive approach and rules of language. I don't remember the others i have written them down i will send you all my predictions tomorrow. And yeah i feel i am spending too much time on unit 1 but im sure we will be fine good luck !

That would be great thank you! Our teacher doesn't like doing predictions haha, yeah I find unit 2 more interesting so hopefully it will be easier to remember!

Quick Reply

Latest