The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Level New Spec Psychology: Paper 1 - 16th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IRoranth
6 marks on evaluation doesn't necessarily mean you have to make 6 evaluation points- maybe you could just make three evaluation points and expand on these points. Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 41
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463314667.495110.jpg

My teacher gave me this

It lists all the case studies we need to know for all the topics - found it very useful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ademjh

My teacher gave me this

It lists all the case studies we need to know for all the topics - found it very useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

None for Memory!?
I would strongly suggest looking at Loftus and Palmer and their research into EWT.
Reply 43
Original post by Findlay6
None for Memory!?
I would strongly suggest looking at Loftus and Palmer and their research into EWT.

I'm not sure how correct it is so use with caution as there may be absences as you've identified
Original post by ademjh
I'm not sure how correct it is so use with caution as there may be absences as you've identified

I uploaded one on page 2 that I used with my students.
It covers all of year 2 as well.

and there's a ppt on how to write essays.
Original post by ademjh
X

Make sure you look at Bowlby's Theory of Attachment, Bowlby's Theory of Maternal Deprivation and Hazan and Shaver, too.
Reply 46
Original post by ademjh

My teacher gave me this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not going to lie to you id be hella worried about the fact theres no studies for memory:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asharma10
i think these are the main case studies we must know:
Harlow
Lorenz
bowlby
ainsworth
schaffer and emerson

Original post by hunhan
what about rutters study? :confused:

Don't forget the most important one - Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg Cross-Cultural Studies (Germany being the most Insecure-Avoidant and Japan being the most Insecure-Resistant). These were also both multiple choice questions in one of the sample AQA papers for new spec.

Original post by ademjh
My teacher gave me thisIt lists all the case studies we need to know for all the topics - found it very usefulPosted from TSR Mobile
Have no idea how your teacher wrote none for Memory. There's tons, most being Baddeley.

Memory should be
Main studies very important:
Baddeley coding - acoustically and semantically similar/dissimilar
Atkinson and Shiffrin - Multistore model
Badeeley & Hitch - Working memory model
KF - Brain damaged patient, impaired phono loop but intact visuo-spacial sketchpad
Loftus and Palmer - EWT - 'smashed', 'hit', 'bumped'
Loftus and Zanni - EWT leading questions 'did you see the broken glass?'
Loftus - Anxiety and the blue/green rucksack

Supporting studies, not that important (theres tons only ones I can remember)
Duration: Sperling (grid), Peterson & Peterson (trigrams), Bahrick et al (VLTM)
Capacity: Jacobs digits/letters (digits easier to remember)
Tulving - cue dependent forgetting
Geiselman et al

Personally I feel well prepared factually for the exam, but I have terrible memory and will likely forget all the names correlating to the studies, and half of the results and percentages are already long gone from my mind...
Super quick run through of important studies that should be known for AQA Psychology AS Unit 1 (NEW SPEC ONLY)

SOCIAL INFLUENCE.png

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
How did everybody find the test? Amd which part was the hardest for you?
Flopped that working memory question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by chezismad
Flopped that working memory question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, absolutely awful for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
As a whole I think the exam was okay - think I probably got something between 60 - 70%. What about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??
Reply 54
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

Personally I described the study, then I made three evaluation points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ademjh
Personally I described the study, then I made three evaluation points

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I didn't do that I got confused, so I went straight into evaluation and only did like 2 sentences of outlining!
now im scared :frown:
Is it possible that the Researcher A and Researcher B question wanted the type of animal as in primate and bird or did it want the species specifically?
Reply 57
Original post by lucasbaker
Is it possible that the Researcher A and Researcher B question wanted the type of animal as in primate and bird or did it want the species specifically?

idk but i put rhesus monkeys and geese? i hope it was right 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by orlaaaxx
oh I didn't do that I got confused, so I went straight into evaluation and only did like 2 sentences of outlining!
now im scared :frown:

You may well be right, I didn't feel confident with that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was a good exam. what do u think the grade boundaries will be considering it is a new specimen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending