The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 19th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Theres a group chat for AQA biology on the app "Bindle". Search for the hashtag "AQAbiology"
Reply 41
Original post by sulaimanali
C1 might be harder this year..

The grade boundaries are trending to increase.

6 marks:
Polymers? Limestone?

it might notr be limestone thats way too easy it could be to do with polymerisation or some ****
Anyone else feel like they have prepared so much more for B1 than C1 and P1? :frown: I'm quite confident on my unit 1s but have focussed on biology. Predictions for 6 marker: polymers, limestone? I really hope it's not Miller-Urey as I don't think there's enough to say on it, they researched about the amino acids and primordial soup and weren't quite right, I don't get it really?

good luck everyone, tips: use my-gcsescience.com, CGP books, CGP apps, specification
By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.
But you can still find in them in the AQA website.
Original post by alex9xela
By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.

I doubt that AQA would do that.
Original post by sulaimanali
C1 might be harder this year..

The grade boundaries are trending to increase.

6 marks:
Polymers? Limestone?

Remember, there was the issue that they accidentally let slip an answer for a question in a previous question and the 6-marker was pretty basic last year. This year, it'll be probably the same difficultly as a few years ago as opposed to 2015's paper
Original post by ibrahim11
I doubt that AQA would do that.

good point
what possible 6 mark questions could come up for polymers? i dont understand that topic at all
Anyone done B1 2015 past paper? It was pretty easy but i really don't think they'll be that lenient this year... :frown:

I really hope thalidomide comes up again this year :biggrin:

Praying the nervous system doesn't dome up though...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey Go on youtube and search Miller-Urey and they would explain it to you, it's kinda simple :smile:

Been looking or ages, can you please explain it to me ?
Original post by goldenusername
Anyone done B1 2015 past paper? It was pretty easy but i really don't think they'll be that lenient this year... :frown:

I really hope thalidomide comes up again this year :biggrin:

Praying the nervous system doesn't dome up though...

EASY??!!!!! I luckily got a B and if it was any tougher oh noo!!! Please be easier NOT harder!!!!!
Original post by Jxrgezxk
Been looking or ages, can you please explain it to me ?

Download Bindle, search #AQAChemistry
What are predictions for the 6 marker ?
So what are we thinking for chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
If polymers comes up for the 6 marker then what could it possibly be on? I don't understand what you would write as there is not a lot of knowledge on it to be a 6 marker :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any key points to revise while I still can?
My chemistry teacher predicted a 6 marker on evaluating burning of fossils of that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sara_wbu1
My chemistry teacher predicted a 6 marker on evaluating burning of fossils of that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would you write as a 6 marker?
Do we think it will be as odd as b1 yesterday?? Hoping that a lot of the spec topics get covered

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending