The Student Room Group

Am i the only one????

im getting a bit scared now because my biology and french gcse are on tuesdayyyy!!

Scroll to see replies

It's GCSE man. Like there's something to be scared of :wink: I'm halfway done with my IGCSEs and it's been really peaceful and a nice journey. Wait for A-levels or whatever you're doing :P
Reply 2
Original post by Mac117
It's GCSE man. Like there's something to be scared of :wink: I'm halfway done with my IGCSEs and it's been really peaceful and a nice journey. Wait for A-levels or whatever you're doing :P

what subjects do you takee?
Original post by mlkef
what subjects do you takee?

For IGCSE or IB (I am not doing A-levels)?
Reply 4
Original post by Mac117
For IGCSE or IB (I am not doing A-levels)?

neither am i, i mean IGCSE
Reply 5
You don't need to worry. As long as you have a C in maths and english language and have a C in the subjects you want to take at alevel you will be fine (Some subjects may ask for a higher grade though. For example I needed a B in Chemistry and a B in maths to take A-Level chemistry). An employer in the future isn't going to choose one person over another just because they have higher grades in their GCSES. A-Levels are much more important and even then if you do go to university, your degree is a lot more important than your a-levels.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Bevin
You don't need to worry. As long as you have a C in maths and english language and have a C in the subjects you want to take at alevel you will be fine (Some subjects may ask for a higher grade though. For example I needed a B in Chemistry and a B in maths to take A-Level chemistry). An employer in the future isn't going to choose one person over another just because they have higher grades in their GCSES. A-Levels are much more important and even then if you do go to university, your degree is a lot more important than your a-levels.

im doing ib afterwards tho
Original post by mlkef
neither am i, i mean IGCSE

English Lang and Lit
Foreign Language French
First Language German
Geography
History
Maths
Additional Maths
Co-ordinated sciences (double award)
Reply 8
Original post by Mac117
English Lang and Lit
Foreign Language French
First Language German
Geography
History
Maths
Additional Maths
Co-ordinated sciences (double award)

dayum
Original post by mlkef
dayum

It's only 10 GCSEs though. Not very impressive. Just hoping for the 8A*s.
Reply 10
Original post by Mac117
It's only 10 GCSEs though. Not very impressive. Just hoping for the 8A*s.

im only doing 10 as well! and that'd be quite impressive, 8 A*s
Original post by mlkef
im only doing 10 as well! and that'd be quite impressive, 8 A*s

That was my predicted result so I hope to achieve it :smile:

What are your IB subjects next year?
Reply 12
Original post by Mac117
That was my predicted result so I hope to achieve it :smile:

What are your IB subjects next year?

one hella smart kid arent ya?! I'm still not done with GCSE's but my options for ib next year are HL eng, HL business, SL history, SL math, SL french, and HL design technology
B1 is the easiest **** i've done
Original post by mlkef
one hella smart kid arent ya?! I'm still not done with GCSE's but my options for ib next year are HL eng, HL business, SL history, SL math, SL french, and HL design technology

Haha not really :smile:

Oh, nice! I'm taking HL maths, Chem, bio, German, as well as SL English A LangLit and Geography.

What do you want to study in the future?
Reply 15
Original post by Mac117
Haha not really :smile:

Oh, nice! I'm taking HL maths, Chem, bio, German, as well as SL English A LangLit and Geography.

What do you want to study in the future?

These are just my options but i think i might go with them hehe, and i wanted to be an interior designer but rn i just wanna get gcse's over with and then think that thoroughly you know
Hahah got my bio and french on tuesday as well!! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by elizaaaaaas
Hahah got my bio and french on tuesday as well!! Good luck! :smile:

how did u find them?!
Reply 18
i found french this year quite hard anyway, especially listening, that last question screwed me over
Original post by mlkef
how did u find them?!

omdss french reading was okay but i'm not too sure about the listening T_T Biology was not good for me tbh. like most of the content didn;t really come up sigh hoping for the best. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest