The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies Predictions

Hey!

Does anyone have any possibilities or predictions about the questions that will come up in the Edexcel GCSE religious studies exam for unit 2 (Christianity) and unit 8 (Christianity and Islam)

Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 3.14uren
Hey!

Does anyone have any possibilities or predictions about the questions that will come up in the Edexcel GCSE religious studies exam for unit 2 (Christianity) and unit 8 (Christianity and Islam)

The Exam is next week Monday right?
OMG! I'm panicing so hard right now, i keep doing past papers but i keep getting D/C's when I was getting A/A* before! T_T perhaps by some miracle if i keep revising i will get a B grade for both units...
Anyone else doing Unit 1 have any predictions you'd like to share?
There may be an 8 mark question on media
It's difficult to make predictions for r.s - anything can come up
any one for Unit 4 Islam?
Reply 6
Original post by 3.14uren
Hey!

#

You cant really predict anything becuase ANYTHING could come up. Make sure you revise everything, because if you dont you could mess the whole paper up.
Good luck!
Reply 7
My teacher says, it might be 59 for a C
Guys the exam is tomorrow and im really finding it hard ti revise, mainly because i find r.e soo boring.. Im inly doing it because it was compulsary :frown:
does anybody have any islam quotes for religion and relationships, medical ethics, multicultural society and work?
Original post by tamanna___
Guys the exam is tomorrow and im really finding it hard ti revise, mainly because i find r.e soo boring.. Im inly doing it because it was compulsary :frown:

Maybe try learning the key Bible teachings since you can fit them in in quite a few areas? Such as 'love thy neighbour', Parable of the Sheep and the Goats, Sanctity of Life, Divine Plan, The Golden Rule, "thou shalt not kill", etc?

I find that just reading out notes can help and maybe to make it more interesting have some instrumental music playing? That way you're not distracted by lyrics- I'm not sure though, some people don't really like that. Use bright colours for key words to make them stand out and you could just try doing past paper questions? They're boring, but it means you can have the exam technique nailed. Or write model answers for eight mark questions, since there's only a certain number of questions they can ask, you'll be well versed on the key material then. Good luck!
Ideas for marks gospel exam tomorrow???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our teacher told us that in Unit One it's likely religious experiences will come up as religious upbringing came up last year. Also for some reason he said that the causation and design argument was likely to come up.
Reply 13
For unit 2 I have made a thread for predictions to do with the keywords for each section.
However i'm waiting for it to be accepted by a moderator so ill just write them here:

Keywords that have NEVER come up in the exam (2010-1015)

Section 1- Believing in God
-omnipotent
-atheism
-numinous

Section 2- Matters of life and death
-sanctity of life

Section 3-Marriage and Family Life
-pre-marital sex

Section 4-Religion and Community Cohesion
-multi-ethnic society
-multi-faith society.

I looked through every past paper since 2010-2015 and these were the results.
Make sure to learn these, as there is good amount of chance they come up, they are worth 2 marks afterall.

Hope this helps, it is more in-depth on the thread I posted but it not up yet:frown:
Original post by hans x
for unit 2 i have made a thread for predictions to do with the keywords for each section.
However i'm waiting for it to be accepted by a moderator so ill just write them here:

Keywords that have never come up in the exam (2010-1015)

section 1- believing in god
-omnipotent
-atheism
-numinous

section 2- matters of life and death
-sanctity of life

section 3-marriage and family life
-pre-marital sex

section 4-religion and community cohesion
-multi-ethnic society
-multi-faith society.

I looked through every past paper since 2010-2015 and these were the results.
Make sure to learn these, as there is good amount of chance they come up, they are worth 2 marks afterall.

Hope this helps, it is more in-depth on the thread i posted but it not up yet:frown:

thank you you're an absolute angel!!
I just need quotes lol n lots of em so if you have any islamic or christian quotes to do with relationship, multi-cultural society, work or medical ethics just tell me k thnx
Reply 16
Original post by rosesareblue1234
thank you you're an absolute angel!!

No problem! :smile:
AHAHAHAHA wait till you get to A-levels and you'll really be panicking...
Good luck tomorrow everyone :u:
Original post by eloiseglanville
I just need quotes lol n lots of em so if you have any islamic or christian quotes to do with relationship, multi-cultural society, work or medical ethics just tell me k thnx

I only have Christian since we do Hinduism...

Multi-cultural society: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"
Imago Dei- we're all made in the image of God, therefore we are all equal.
Parable of the Good Samaritan- Jesus said to help each other, even you're enemies.
"Love thy neighbour"
The Golden Rule- Treat others are you wish to be treated.
Parable of the Sheep and the Goats- "Whatever you did not do for the least of my people you did not do for me"- Christian's should help others as they are helping Jesus through this.

Relationships: In the Decalogue, adultery is forbidden.
"Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those against us"- so for example, if your marriage partner has committed adultery, you should still forgive them, stuff like that.
"Love thy neighbour"
"Til death do us part"- included in Christian marriage vows, argument against divorce.

Medical Ethics: Jesus told others to "heal the sick" and also to "love thy neighbour"
You could use Situation Ethics- so, what is the most loving thing to do?
There are many examples of Jesus healing people, such as the time when he healed a woman on the Sabbath day (a supposed day of rest).
The Golden Rule (that fits into A LOT of topics.)

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending