The Student Room Group

17th May 2016- OCR 21st Century Science B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

What time are your guy's exam on tuesday?! I'm terrified!
Reply 21
Can someone explain how genes are shuffled together randomly to make egg and sperm. Please. I really din;t understand it.
Reply 22
Hey guys
I don't know if this will be particularly helpful but revise the 'ideas about science' part of the revision guides if you do not do so already!
I've noticed the answers to the questions about correlation/cause and risks are explained in this section and I only noticed quite recently lol
does anyone have any tips for biology revision? I've lost all the will to live right now :argh: tbh i've done a lot of revision anyway but right now i feel like giviing up
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Date of Exam: 17/05/2016

Bit early but I think the earlier the better! In this thread we can talk and share revision strategies and notes, to help everyone out in this exam!

Anyway, share predictions and questions and wish you all the best for these exams!
:biggrin:

6 marker predictions:
Genetic Testing
Vaccination/ the immune system
Nitrogen or Carbon cycle
Evolution/ natural selection
Original post by eviemason
6 marker predictions:
Genetic Testing
Vaccination/ the immune system
Nitrogen or Carbon cycle
Evolution/ natural selection

Thank you (: that's really useful. Uuh I really hate genetic testing, it's my least favourite part.. typical :erm:. How are you feeling about it?
Original post by Ella_08
Thank you (: that's really useful. Uuh I really hate genetic testing, it's my least favourite part.. typical :erm:. How are you feeling about it?

Haha, its not too difficult to say the issues with it though (that's what I'm hoping for). At the moment, I'm not too stressed. I've thoroughly revised just hoping there are no curveball questions in there (or that I go blank!). What about you?
Haha, its not too difficult to say the issues with it though (that's what I'm hoping for). At the moment, I'm not too stressed. I've thoroughly revised just hoping there are no curveball questions in there (or that I go blank!). What about you?

I know this is a stupid question but what do u mean by issues? Like termination, abortion, false negatives? stuff like that? Because I'm love with those things, they're a god send :angel: happy that you're calm. I'm not at all, my blood stream right now is probably 100% caffeine. loool. There's going to be at least one, they always trick us.
Original post by Ella_08
I know this is a stupid question but what do u mean by issues? Like termination, abortion, false negatives? stuff like that? Because I'm love with those things, they're a god send :angel: happy that you're calm. I'm not at all, my blood stream right now is probably 100% caffeine. loool. There's going to be at least one, they always trick us.

Yes exactly!! You shouldn't be too stressed, the grade boundaries are very low so I presume the amount of revision you have done will be sufficient. Good luck :h:
Yes exactly!! You shouldn't be too stressed, the grade boundaries are very low so I presume the amount of revision you have done will be sufficient. Good luck :h:

Oh right, awesome (; good point about grade boundaries, i need to chill. Thank you, you too. My dad let me take the school day off to revise it thoroughly so I should be ok. Best of luck to you x
Reply 30
Hi
Does any of you have 2015 21st century science b1 b2 b3 papers
Original post by Dave50
Hi
Does any of you have 2015 21st century science b1 b2 b3 papers

I do, as a print out
Reply 32
what do you mean
Reply 33
on paper
Reply 34
Original post by Ella_08
I do, as a print out

what do you mean on paper
Reply 35
Anyone have any predictions for the C1-C3 Thursday exam?
Original post by Dave50
what do you mean on paper

Yes. got your message, sure (;
Reply 37
Thank you very much
Original post by AbiLove
Anyone have any predictions for the C1-C3 Thursday exam?

Just a few 6 mark predictions:
Reducing or effects of Air Pollution (catalytic converters maybe)
Properties of Polymers
Crude Oil
Something on salt
Original post by Dave50
Thank you very much

Any time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending