The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'm feeling pretty confident, so as long as we get a nice essay question it should be ok, im praying for a nice govt intervention question on taxes or subsidies or something like that. but i think they should be quite kind to us seeing as it is the first year of the new spec. either that or the boundaries should be pretty low (fingers crossed)
Reply 41
There is a YouTube channel called EconDalPlus or something like that and he talks about exam techniques for econ you should all watch it its awesome
On the specimen paper for AQA AS Econ it says: "do NOT use pencil". Does this mean we have to use pen for the diagram question because I don't want to use pencil and end up losing 4 marks but with pen I will make a mistake and not be able to rub it out!
Original post by James7373
On the specimen paper for AQA AS Econ it says: "do NOT use pencil". Does this mean we have to use pen for the diagram question because I don't want to use pencil and end up losing 4 marks but with pen I will make a mistake and not be able to rub it out!

I was meaning to ask my teacher the same thing! I have no idea, sorry! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zwatkins66
I was meaning to ask my teacher the same thing! I have no idea, sorry! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

well my teacher said that you should use pen, but my assumption is that the specimen paper has been oversighted because in the AQA physics specimen paper a lot has been oversighted, there typos and incorrect answers in the mark scheme lol.
I have a feeling this is going to be really hard guys... AQA know we are retakes therefore I think they will give us hard questions :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like this is going to be a hard paper as they know we are all retakes :frown: but anyway my teacher predicted this:

Evaluate state provision to correct market failure in education (25 Marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
I have a feeling this is going to be really hard guys... AQA know we are retakes therefore I think they will give us hard questions :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

all retakes?
all retakes?

Yeah we are all retakes? The year 12's won't be doing our exam. Only year 13's will be doing the exam this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
Yeah we are all retakes? The year 12's won't be doing our exam. Only year 13's will be doing the exam this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dno how your school works, but I'm year 12 and taking it tomorrow lol
Yeh I'm year 13 and retaking aqa. Focus on OT their the hardest past of the exam. Hoping for a type of policies question.
Original post by MLGBattlefield
Yeh I'm year 13 and retaking aqa. Focus on OT their the hardest past of the exam. Hoping for a type of policies question.

What's OT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The objective tests. I got 8/25 last year but 5 8 12 20on the written the objevtive test can ruin your mark.
Reply 53
how are positive and negative externalities market failure
Original post by theD0N
how are positive and negative externalities market failure

Positive externalities are market failure as they are under-provided so not meeting the equilibrium amount of which is willing and able to be supplied and demanded
Negative externalities are over-provided so there's too much of it and it's above the equilibrium value...
I think anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by zwatkins66
Positive externalities are market failure as they are under-provided so not meeting the equilibrium amount of which is willing and able to be supplied and demanded
Negative externalities are over-provided so there's too much of it and it's above the equilibrium value...
I think anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that not just merit and demerit goods then?
Reply 56

yes, my teacher attended the talk from the exam board last week/two weeks? and they said you HAVE to use pen, otherwise it doesn't get picked up by the scanner, so when it gets marked it'll just seem like an empty space.
Can someone please send me the adjusted edexcel economics papers!

I have the specimen papers already, just any other papers

Thank you.

My email is:
[email protected]
Original post by AindowJ
yes, my teacher attended the talk from the exam board last week/two weeks? and they said you HAVE to use pen, otherwise it doesn't get picked up by the scanner, so when it gets marked it'll just seem like an empty space.

No you can draw diagrams in pencil i did it last year and it was fine
Can someone please send me the adjusted edexcel economics papers!

have the specimen papers already, just any other papers

Thank you.

My email is:
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending