The Student Room Group

This week- what have you got? (16th May- 20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeenPolyglot
Well good luck- I'm guessing it's going to be full of "new vocabulary", but, in my experience 50 minutes for reading is a long time so hopefully it all goes well!

More scared for the listening than anything... (I have a tendency to start day dreaming)
Reply 21
What other subjects are you taking???

The other subjects I'm taking are English Lit + Lang, Maths, Science Unit 1+2, Geography, History, Media Studies and Art :smile: (all higher tier)

But they're in 2 weeks :s-smilie:
Reply 22
I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
AQA Biology Unit 1
18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
WJEC Sociology Unit 2
20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!

18th: Latin Language
19th: Chemistry
20th: Latin Language 2

So a pretty light week :smile:
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
More scared for the listening than anything... (I have a tendency to start day dreaming)

Well at least I'm not the only one! And I always day dream at the most important bits! I'm just hoping it's not full of questions where you have to write stuff down...
17th- AQA biology unit 1
19th- AQA chemistry unit 1
20th- Spanish listening and reading
Well at least I'm not the only one! And I always day dream at the most important bits! I'm just hoping it's not full of questions where you have to write stuff down...

Same! Everyone hates those questions.
Good Luck!

:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by fuzz13
18th: Latin Language
19th: Chemistry
20th: Latin Language 2

So a pretty light week :smile:

Yay! Another Latin scholar :wink: How are you feeling about Latin? I'm okay with the language...but the literature... hmm.
Original post by Anmol_.
17th- AQA biology unit 1
19th- AQA chemistry unit 1
20th- Spanish listening and reading

How are ya feeling about the sciences? :smile:
Reply 28
Yay! Another Latin scholar :wink: How are you feeling about Latin? I'm okay with the language...but the literature... hmm.

Haha yeah there aren't many of us around! I'm feeling not to bad about the language but the 8 & 10 mark questions in the literature will be interesting...! :redface: Are you taking Latin forward next year?
16th - RS WJEC
17th - Biology 3 WJEC
19th - Chemistry 3 WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
AQA Biology Unit 1
18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
WJEC Sociology Unit 2
20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!

16th May: RE, Religion and Life Issues
WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: WJEC French Listening/Reading
WJEC Additional Biology Unit 2
19th May: WJEC Additional Chemistry Unit 2
Original post by fuzz13
Haha yeah there aren't many of us around! I'm feeling not to bad about the language but the 8 & 10 mark questions in the literature will be interesting...! :redface: Are you taking Latin forward next year?

No unfortunately. I'm the only one in my whole school doing Latin, so there's a LOT of pressure on me to do well! But I'm thinking that as it's the first year of these texts, the 8 and 10 markers aren't going to be tooo strenuous... *crosses fingers*.

Which texts are you doing for prose and verse?
Original post by adamhill3
16th May: RE, Religion and Life Issues
WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: WJEC French Listening/Reading
WJEC Additional Biology Unit 2
19th May: WJEC Additional Chemistry Unit 2

I'm weirdly worried about my sociology exams...what are you doing for Section B?
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
16th - RS WJEC
17th - Biology 3 WJEC
19th - Chemistry 3 WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a fairly light week!
I have Edexcel Spanish and Edexcel PE both on Friday
Reply 35
No unfortunately. I'm the only one in my whole school doing Latin, so there's a LOT of pressure on me to do well! But I'm thinking that as it's the first year of these texts, the 8 and 10 markers aren't going to be tooo strenuous... *crosses fingers*.

Which texts are you doing for prose and verse?

Ah yeah okay, hopefully! I'm doing some letters from Pliny for prose and a bit of the Aeneid for verse! What about you?
16th: Edexcel RS unit 1
17th: AS sociology AQA unit 1, Biology Unit 1 AQA, OCR French reading and listening (clash)
18th: RS unit 8
19th:Chemistry Unit 1 AQA
Original post by lucy.wright
I have Edexcel Spanish and Edexcel PE both on Friday

I wish I had Monday-Thursday exam-less!
Original post by fuzz13
Ah yeah okay, hopefully! I'm doing some letters from Pliny for prose and a bit of the Aeneid for verse! What about you?

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person I've met on here doing Pliny and Nisus and Euryalus (I'm presuming?)!
I'm weirdly worried about my sociology exams...what are you doing for Section B?

Probably education, but I’ve revised both:biggrin:
I’m more worried for Section A because I overanalyse and overthink it WAY too much haha

Quick Reply

Latest