The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Szczesny's insta :rofl:
Man, seeing Spurs fan tomorrow is going to be something else. Ohhh yeahhhh
Original post by swirly
Szczesny's insta :rofl:

Even the Lord has spoken. :lol:

https://twitter.com/bendtnerb52
I think Wenger will be brutal this summer with the outgoings and signings. I think he has finally lost patience with a lot of the players in the team and he knows his own time is drawing to a close.

They didn't repay his faith.

I think he knows that if he doesn't start being a bit more ruthless, Ozil and Sanchez are goners.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7464
Original post by James.Carnell
I think Wenger will be brutal this summer with the outgoings and signings. I think he has finally lost patience with a lot of the players in the team.

I hope so.
Original post by llys
I hope so.

I think Walcott's Arsenal career is finished. I also think that even he knows now that Giroud is not good enough.
Wenger has already stated he expects Walcott to be here next season
Original post by leinad2012
Wenger has already stated he expects Walcott to be here next season

Didn't he also say he expects Fabregas and/or Nasri to stay?
When ar95 appears. Tell him cheers for the winnings. Knew when he said we wouldn't finish second that we actually would.
Original post by sr90
James Milner has 11.

Thoughts?

Proves that your manager got it wrong. Players should be boring lad instead of horny pests.
On a serious note, Wenger in or out?

You finished 2nd and although that's a great achievement in itself, you were way off the champions and you weren't good at all in other competitions.

Do you really see yourselves being able to build on this 2nd place when you have Mourinho, Conte and Pep coming in, all along with Klopp who will have good money to spend?
Original post by Lúcio
On a serious note, Wenger in or out?

You finished 2nd and although that's a great achievement in itself, you were way off the champions and you weren't good at all in other competitions.

Do you really see yourselves being able to build on this 2nd place when you have Mourinho, Conte and Pep coming in, all along with Klopp who will have good money to spend?

100% depends on how ruthless he plans on being in the summer. If there is a mass exodus of failed players who've disappointed in favour of stronger winning signings then he can stay. If he in any way continues the delusion of believing in these poor players and failing to address the same gapping issues which have plagued the club for years then he needs to politely bow out.

Basically by August we should have a completely unrecognisable first 11 with Ozil and Sanchez just other players in a powerful team rather than being the only stars in a mediocre team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Complex Simplicity

Basically by August we should have a completely unrecognisable first 11 with Ozil and Sanchez just other players in a powerful team rather than being the only stars in a mediocre team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morata
Alexis Ozil Wilshere
Xhaka Kante

thoughts?
Reply 7474
The George was absolutely banging

**** season.. We were still 10 points off the title Drs

But what a way to end it

It's happened again..
Original post by swirly
Morata
Alexis Ozil Wilshere
Xhaka Kante
thoughts?

Yes, add Xhaka and Kante without signing a rw.
That way we'll only have Ramsey Wilshere Cazorla Neny Xhaka Kante Wilshere Coquelin to play in 2 positions....
Original post by Complex Simplicity
100% depends on how ruthless he plans on being in the summer. If there is a mass exodus of failed players who've disappointed in favour of stronger winning signings then he can stay. If he in any way continues the delusion of believing in these poor players and failing to address the same gapping issues which have plagued the club for years then he needs to politely bow out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It works either way, this "mass player exodus". Do the players we bring in see us as a club that wins things? Or a club to sponge off of? It could very easily be the latter and we could lose our Champions League spot next year.
Mass selling won't work, this isn't FIFA ffs you can't just bring in players and expect them to gel instantly.
At most I'd expect 3 signings, realistically 1 big one and a couple smaller ones. Not really sure why we're bothering to sign Xhaka now really, we don't need him next season and his clause starts in a year. To buy now is to spend £20mil more than his clause.
Priority HAS to be ST and RW for me. Lukaku and Mahrez would be ideal, but I can't see Mahrez forcing a move. Reus would be a dream too, but an unrealistic one. Not sold on Morata, not really a top goalscorer by any means. Maybe Ar is right on Lacazette, a strong punt as a winger or striker if not an incredible one. Ibra would also be a punt but a worthwhile one imo.

Being realistic though, I'd expect us to sign Gotze, a big team reject in a position already filled in our squad.
Reply 7478
In terms of priorities..

ST
CB
RW
CDM

But I would be happy if we got Xhaka, a good striker, and a RW or a CB
Original post by SA-1
The George was absolutely banging

**** season.. We were still 10 points off the title Drs

But what a way to end it

It's happened again..