The Student Room Group

EU and mature student reference urgent help

Hi! I'm writing to ask some information about the reference letter and how to chose a referee. I'm an EU and mature student and about to send an application for this year. The problem is that since I have been out of school for almost 5 years I don't have a teacher able to write my fererence letter. I cannot ask my current employer even, since she doesn't know I'm applying to go and study abroad. Can a private tutor that has been following me for the last months or maybe a work collegue from my previous job write it? I have everything ready, grades and personal statement, the only thing is this. Otherwise I don't have anyone, but I know that having a reference gives more chances to be accepted! Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to ask your previous teachers for a reference? If the only reason is that they may not remember you, then it's still worth giving it a shot. You might be surprised how much your previous lecturers may remember even if you didn't do anything special!
Original post by Kiki4ever

A tutor and a work colleague would probably suffice, though a current work manager would be preferable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending