The Student Room Group

when do exam dates get released?

My mam has booked a holiday next year for the 28th June, and I'm worried I still have exams then! what should I do?
Original post by Amyherdman
My mam has booked a holiday next year for the 28th June, and I'm worried I still have exams then! what should I do?

exam dates should have already been released?! are you doing gcse or a level? check your college/school website and see if there is the exam timetable is on there which it should be (only for this year though)- if not ask any of your friends to send you a picture of this years. you may also need to get a holiday form if your school/college requires you to have one since some colleges/schools may require students back after exams finish to start a2 year, but if your just finishing gcse's it should hopefully be ok since you'll have definitely finished exams and left secondary school by then :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bizzy_penguin
exam dates should have already been released?! are you doing gcse or a level? check your college/school website and see if there is the exam timetable is on there which it should be (only for this year though)- if not ask any of your friends to send you a picture of this years. you may also need to get a holiday form if your school/college requires you to have one since some colleges/schools may require students back after exams finish to start a2 year, but if your just finishing gcse's it should hopefully be ok since you'll have definitely finished exams and left secondary school by then :smile:

Ill be doing A2 next year, its next year I'm going.
Reply 3
What subjects do you do? It tends to only be the maths and science subjects that have exams at the end of June - most other a level exams finish 23/34/25 June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lucy_123
What subjects do you do? It tends to only be the maths and science subjects that have exams at the end of June - most other a level exams finish 23/34/25 June

Posted from TSR Mobile

maths, further maths, psychology and business
End of October or earlier. There's a JCQ PDF online with key dates on it. You probably wouldn't have exams that late in June.
Reply 6
It's very unlikely to have exams that late, considering they're not until next year you will have to wait until the start of the academic year to find out (someone has given a specific above^)
Reply 7
Original post by morgan8002
End of October or earlier. There's a JCQ PDF online with key dates on it. You probably wouldn't have exams that late in June.

thanks, hopefully. When I was looking at this years it said June 27th so I was freaking out.
Reply 8
Original post by Inexorably
It's very unlikely to have exams that late, considering they're not until next year you will have to wait until the start of the academic year to find out (someone has given a specific above^)

Thanks, i hope not.
Reply 9
maths, further maths, psychology and business

One of my friends has an a2 maths exam 29th June this year, so I'd cancel the holiday if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
One of my friends has an a2 maths exam 29th June this year, so I'd cancel the holiday if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board?
What exam board?

Edexcel, though other exam boards are probably similar - look at when the a2 exams are this year and it'll probably be the same next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Edexcel, though other exam boards are probably similar - look at when the a2 exams are this year and it'll probably be the same next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do MEI so hopefully, ill be fine
I do MEI so hopefully, ill be fine

Is this the exam board you mean ( I've never heard of it before that's all) there are a couple that are on the 29th June, though it depends which papers you're going to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Is this the exam board you mean ( I've never heard of it before that's all) there are a couple that are on the 29th June, though it depends which papers you're going to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is. But I don't do any of them ones.
How accurate is this?
Yeah it is. But I don't do any of them ones.
How accurate is this?

This is the exam timetable for this year, so it'll probably be similar dates for next year - though as long as you're not doing any of the modules that tend to have later exams you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
They're normally quite accurate, though they can change obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

well lets just hope they stay the same or moved forward
Reply 19
This is the exam timetable for this year, so it'll probably be similar dates for next year - though as long as you're not doing any of the modules that tend to have later exams you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is only one im worried about, which is the 26th june

Quick Reply