The Student Room Group

This week- what have you got? (16th May- 20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeenPolyglot
Yay we're doing the same Section B questions in sociology!

What are you hoping will come up for the 10 and 20s?

I have been practicing a 20 marker on how is single parents a problem for modern Britain. I think a question on cultural variations will come up but hopefully not for the 20 marker otherwise A Level sociology is going out the window next year! I hope one on divorce and women's role in the family.
For crime I'm hoping gender linking to crime and corporate crime will come up!

How about you?
How are ya feeling about the sciences? :smile:

I'm feeling quite confident for the sciences actually as long as the papers are manageable. It's just Spanish that I'm totally unprepared for, especially that listening section:s-smilie:
Original post by mariam687
edexcel. ur ocr init?

Nah I'm AQA. Basically for section B there are 3 questions, and you get to chose which one you answer. They have different topics on what is going on in the world. We already know the topics (pre-released topics) - so we know what the question will be about...
Original post by Jxrgezxk
Nah I'm AQA. Basically for section B there are 3 questions, and you get to chose which one you answer. They have different topics on what is going on in the world. We already know the topics (pre-released topics) - so we know what the question will be about...

really? luckyy

we get section a, b, c and then the last section is 3 essay questions and you pick one out of the 3

we dont have anything released :frown:

goodluck though :smile:
Original post by Anmol_.
I'm feeling quite confident for the sciences actually as long as the papers are manageable. It's just Spanish that I'm totally unprepared for, especially that listening section:s-smilie:

See, I'm the opposite. I'm freaking out about the sciences- not so much chemistry, but definitely biology- and I'm real calm about French.
I only have 1 :biggrin:
RE, edexcel (hopefully won't mess up)
17th- Biology
18th- ICT
19th- Chemistry
20th- Spanish
Original post by chaarlottex
I have been practicing a 20 marker on how is single parents a problem for modern Britain. I think a question on cultural variations will come up but hopefully not for the 20 marker otherwise A Level sociology is going out the window next year! I hope one on divorce and women's role in the family.
For crime I'm hoping gender linking to crime and corporate crime will come up!

How about you?

I would be so happy if men's/women's roles came up. But, they have come up pretty regularly, which is my only worry.

Thankfully I'm not putting myself through 2 more years of sociology :biggrin:
I would be so happy if men's/women's roles came up. But, they have come up pretty regularly, which is my only worry.

Thankfully I'm not putting myself through 2 more years of sociology :biggrin:

Oh god no i love Sociology too much to ever stop it! Feel like i'll end up doing it at UNI
Really? I only studied German for one year, and I can pick up on German so much more easily when listening, but I have to properly tune my ear for French. Too much elision and liaison.

It’s not that German is harder than French in language terms, it’s just that the exam is SO much harder, it sucks :frown:
Oh god no i love Sociology too much to ever stop it! Feel like i'll end up doing it at UNI

I love sociology- our teacher, Ms Green, is the most fantastically banterous and crazy teacher ever- but I get bored quite quickly, and find it slightly mundane.

Now Classical Civilisation- THAT'S where it's at! :groovy:
16th: Edexcel RE Unit 1
17th: OCR Biology B123
18th Edexcel RE Unit 8
19th: OCR Chemistry C123
20th: AQA PE

Dreading everything other than RE :frown:
I love sociology- our teacher, Ms Green, is the most fantastically banterous and crazy teacher ever- but I get bored quite quickly, and find it slightly mundane.

Now Classical Civilisation- THAT'S where it's at! :groovy:

What even is that aha. I can get bored it just depends what the lesson is like
What even is that aha. I can get bored it just depends what the lesson is like

Classical Civilisation? Talking about Romans, Greeks, temples and grapes all day every day.

The emoticon? Oh, no, I don't know what that is. But it made me cry with laughter when I saw it.
Original post by NiamhM1801
16th: Edexcel RE Unit 1
17th: OCR Biology B123
18th Edexcel RE Unit 8
19th: OCR Chemistry C123
20th: AQA PE

Dreading everything other than RE :frown:

That does look a little strenuous I must admit...
Original post by veganavb
I only have 1 :biggrin:
RE, edexcel (hopefully won't mess up)

I'm sure you won't!
Wednesday: History Paper 1 - British Industrialisation (AS Level)
Friday: English Literature Paper 1 - Shakespeare & Poetry (AS Level)

Spoiler

Thanks! :smile: have anything similar to mine and good luck in your exams!
AS Sociology? That's pretty cool!
Original post by Jxrgezxk
How are you revising for citizenship? Which question out of the 3 pre-released topics have you chosen? Just starting revising for it now:biggrin:

What exam board are you doing? I haven't heard of pre-release topics before..
Original post by jamierogers21
What exam board are you doing? I haven't heard of pre-release topics before..

I'm doing AQA. For section B there are 3 questions about different world issues & you get to chose on to answer (20 marks). They have already said what the topics will be (pre-released topics) - so we already know the last questions

Quick Reply

Latest