The Student Room Group

Last minute french revision?!

Scroll to see replies

I did GCSE French last year without any revision and utter laziness, got an A, close to an A*

Wanted an A*, so am doing IGCSE french this year...

-_- Deja vu..

HELP..
Original post by potato princess
yeah we're doing them in different rooms

No No i meant like we're all from different countries and all so some people might complete their paper before others even start right?
Original post by GCSEstudentt
So my french exam is this tuesday and my average grade for the reading is an A and a B for listening but i'm aiming for an A*! What should I do to revise now? I've done most of the past papers

Memrise is useful.
Try the app 'Quizlet' go through past papers, write down vocab you don't know and make a set on quilt. It really helps me learn.
Original post by cc16cp02
No No i meant like we're all from different countries and all so some people might complete their paper before others even start right?

I suppose
Original post by surina16
Looolll the iGCSEs are not easy (aqa at least). In the iGCSE papers I get around 26-29 in the listening papers, but high 30s/close to full marks in the normal :redface:
I'm using memrise, which is intended for your course, and its soooo good for learning vocab. It's also free :h:

Me too :tongue:

I did an IGCSE paper (listening) I was 1 mark of full marks.....
The reason I think it is easier is because it's all in french and you don't really have to translate alot to english.
All you need to know is Usine = Factory
Original post by Bulletzone
Me too :tongue:

I did an IGCSE paper (listening) I was 1 mark of full marks.....
The reason I think it is easier is because it's all in french and you don't really have to translate alot to english.

which board is this?! I would love that :cry:
I'm on AQA so I'm doing the AQA Certificate in French
Original post by surina16
which board is this?! I would love that :cry:
I'm on AQA so I'm doing the AQA Certificate in French

Me too,
What are your target grades for reading and listening?
Original post by Bulletzone
Me too,
What are your target grades for reading and listening?

I'm hoping to get A*s in them because I think I messed up the speaking exam a little (or didn't speak at an A* standard anyway) and the writing exam could be on topics such as environment and hobbies and then I'll be screwed :redface:
You? :h:
My new French teacher recommended an app called 'Memrise' and if you type in 'AQA GCSE French Vocabulary' (whatever your exam board) then it just gives you simple ways to memorise words. Found it good as I've left it until last minute aaah
Original post by ForeverAQx
Im soo scared about this exam thou
Hows everyone feeling about it?

I'm feeling a bit scared, all I can do now is revise vocabulary. What exam board are you on?

Oh and good luck!!
Reply 31
I'm doing the AQA exam tomorrow, my coursework is an A overall. Im doing foundation listening and higher reading, I'm getting C's on listening and A/A*'s on the reading, I'm aiming for an A/B overall! what else can i do? I've done every past paper but haven't revised much apart from that... good luck everyone!
Reply 32
howd you guys find it?? i found listening challenging but reading extremely easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
was easy apart from one question on the listening ,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending