The Student Room Group

Edexcel - M3 - 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
I literally need 100. So i need to bang it.
Gna do one mock and go thru the papers i dropped the most marks in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was your worst paper?
Original post by kingaaran
I realised I was going to fail this exam if I didn't revise... My past paper marks two weeks ago also showed that :tongue:

I am just gonna go over little things I don't know, do some more practice, can't really do anything extraordinary that I haven't tried before. Wbu?

Loool yh, I motivate myself by just reminding myself that i could fail my alevel. That helps the most, if i am really feeling unproductive i watch motivational videos on youtube.

The day before my exam i'm just going to skim through m3 quickly and do a hard paper and a easy paper, this is so that i can break down any arrogance i have towards the m3 exam and the easy paper will boost my confidence
I literally need 100. So i need to bang it.
Gna do one mock and go thru the papers i dropped the most marks in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, lets destroy the exam
Original post by BBeyond

The two papers I got below 90 UMS in were June 12 and Jan 16 (got 89 in this one).

I just redid June 12 and it was much better this time round since my moments are a lot stronger
Original post by Ayman!
The two papers I got below 90 UMS in were June 12 and Jan 16 (got 89 in this one).

I just redid June 12 and it was much better this time round since my moments are a lot stronger

And u can remember how to do it ahaha but yh fair june 12 was hard. Not done jan 16 yet
Hey guys I have some questions :/ Firstly can someone explain to me why if you have a particle doing horizontal circular motion with two strings attached above and below, why it is that the bottom string tension > 0 always. Secondly what centre of mass proofs are you guys gonna bother learning if any? Thanks
Original post by TelevisedTadpole
Hey guys I have some questions :/ Firstly can someone explain to me why if you have a particle doing horizontal circular motion with two strings attached above and below, why it is that the bottom string tension > 0 always. Secondly what centre of mass proofs are you guys gonna bother learning if any? Thanks

If the tension in the bottom string vanishes, the particle will fall inwards and downwards and go round in a smaller circle.
Original post by tiny hobbit
If the tension in the bottom string vanishes, the particle will fall inwards and downwards and go round in a smaller circle.

I see. But there are also pendulums which use only a top string (conical pendulum for example)?
I see. But there are also pendulums which use only a top string (conical pendulum for example)?

Yes. But for the ones with two strings, if you don't whizz it round fast enough, the bottom string will go slack. With one string, if it goes round slowly, it will just drop down a bit and go round in a smaller circle.
Yes. But for the ones with two strings, if you don't whizz it round fast enough, the bottom string will go slack. With one string, if it goes round slowly, it will just drop down a bit and go round in a smaller circle.

hmm ok. Im guessing bottom tension> 0 so it remains a two string circular motion system rather than becoming a single string circular motion system. Also are you gonna learn any centre of mass proofs?
hmm ok. Im guessing bottom tension> 0 so it remains a two string circular motion system rather than becoming a single string circular motion system. Also are you gonna learn any centre of mass proofs?

Yes.

No, as I'm a retired teacher, not a student.
Yes.

No, as I'm a retired teacher, not a student.

hahahahaha :colondollar::colondollar:

Thanks for the help anyway :smile:
"A third, thankfully small, group wrote broadly similar rants claimingthat their version was definitely the right answer, that it was a disgrace to find errors inexamination papers and that they were reluctantly continuing with Edexcel’s wrongequation for (b) and (c)." LOL
Original post by Foutre en L'air
"A third, thankfully small, group wrote broadly similar rants claimingthat their version was definitely the right answer, that it was a disgrace to find errors inexamination papers and that they were reluctantly continuing with Edexcel’s wrongequation for (b) and (c)."LOL

Which question is this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Which question is this

Posted from TSR Mobile

June 2013, Q7 (c)
June 2013, Q7 (c)

Lol that's brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Lol that's brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lets all do something similar on Q1 I will do it if everyone else does.
'This question is technically incorrect by Fermat's Little Theorem, QED'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond

I think it was june 15 where i got 69/75 cause i ****ing assumed in the circular morionnthat it was at a right angle... Never again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was june 15 where i got 69/75 cause i ****ing assumed in the circular morionnthat it was at a right angle... Never again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ffs 69 is my best so far
ffs 69 is my best so far

Dw bout it. Ill make a mistake and drop like 7 marks in the real thing I can just smell some dirty factor of 1/2 magically dissapearing at the start of a circular motion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending